Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colts release Bob Sanders (Worth rotating with Berry?)

Default Colts release Bob Sanders (Worth rotating with Berry?)

Just heard that the Colts released Bob Sanders.

I know he has had a bad past with injuries, but what is your opinion of signing him to rotate with our safeties and to mentor Berry and Lewis?

I know the injury prone Mike Brown didn't work out, but I would like to think Sanders is more talented than Brown. Maybe a 1 year deal??

Any thoughts?

Meh, I don't see any reason to do it. Money that could be better spent elsewhere. Sanders has played in 48 games, and missed 64 in his career. Sounds like a waste of a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Meh, I don't see any reason to do it. Money that could be better spent elsewhere. Sanders has played in 48 games, and missed 64 in his career. Sounds like a waste of a roster spot.
    AMEN!!

I see what you are saying, and I wouldn't want to sign him to big money wouldn't be worth it. Only if we could get a good deal (which might happen because he has the "injury prone" label)

But maybe he might be better suited as a rotational player, I mean he is a stud (even though he is often hurt) but maybe if his snaps were limited he wouldn't be as subject to injuries.

He would be a boom or bust signing, wouldn't mind it he stayed healthy, but it would suck if he didn't (which is why I think just a 1 year deal)

It would suck if he went to the Broncos to rotate with Dawkins and was just a stud! I would hate that!

big waste of money imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I see what you are saying, and I wouldn't want to sign him to big money wouldn't be worth it. Only if we could get a good deal (which might happen because he has the "injury prone" label)

But maybe he might be better suited as a rotational player, I mean he is a stud (even though he is often hurt) but maybe if his snaps were limited he wouldn't be as subject to injuries.

He would be a boom or bust signing, wouldn't mind it he stayed healthy, but it would suck if he didn't (which is why I think just a 1 year deal)

It would suck if he went to the Broncos to rotate with Dawkins and was just a stud! I would hate that!
    It would have to be pretty much a minimum contract with lots of incentives. Still though, Berry played every single defensive snap last year. I just don't see a great fit to bring in a guy like that to play backup. They're pretty much identical players. I don't see Sanders making a good free safety either.

I deally, the Donks would sign him and he would play 3 games

should get part time wages

I honestly doubt that he leaves Indy. This was a contract thing. My guess is that he resigns for less money and stays on the Peyton gravy train.

He's played in 9 games in three years. Our previous amount of victories in 3 years was 10. Do you want that type of consistency? I have no doubt to his ability, the guy is awesome when he's on the field. I'm reminded of the last playoff game we played against the Colts when all we had to do was run the ball. Sanders stepped in and the Colts went on to win the super bowl. He no doubt would command great locker room presence, but like Ryfo said-"A waste of a roster slot". Just my opinion, but we have more pressing needs than Safety.

i wouldnt mind bringing in the safety from the rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast