Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: KC @ Den Prediction Thread

Smile KC @ Den Prediction Thread

I predict that:

If Denver goes pass heavy, Manning could be done by the first half, and KC wins.

If Denver goes run heavy, Denver will be called for holding so often, they have to abandon the run game. But by the time they switch back, the damage has been done.

Just goofin!

Whats yer call for the game?

(I just know Manning after the Diego game, as hobbled as he was, this Defense has started licking their chops)

Adam Schein believes that the Chiefs will win. The article was posted before the Bowe incident.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...denver-broncos

I sure hope he's right.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Nevermind, he is going to play, 28-17
    Nah.....we gonna whup some pony ash!!!!

I posted this in a Donkey's forum a couple of days ago. Man, you should have seen the excuses start to fly!
    Let's get back to talking about this week's game. Here are my thoughts:

I see a lot of you predicting a blowout and I really don't think you guys are taking seriously just how good the Chiefs defense is. Some of you have focused on yardage allowed, so let's start there. Yards don't determine who wins and who loses. Points do. True, the Chiefs have given up a lot of yards and big plays, but they have done the best job in the NFL of keeping opponents out of the end zone. There are two big reasons for this. They lead the NFL in forced turnovers and turnover margin and they lead the NFL in sacks. They will need to generate both turnovers and sacks if they have any chance of beating Denver on Sunday.

Peyton's banged up ankles will be a liability, but he was never that "mobile" to begin with and he gets rid of the ball so fast, that it will be hard to get to him anyway. The loss of Clady is going to make it difficult for the Denver o-line to protect Manning from Poe, Houston and Hali and, while they might not get many sacks, I expect them to hurry and knock down Manning quite a bit and that will take it's toll as the game wears on.

I expect the Chiefs to do their best to keep Denver's offense off the field by running the ball a lot and using short screen passes for 4 or 5 yards per down. This will only work if they can convert 3rd downs and the Chiefs have struggled with that lately. I've seen some good things from the Chiefs offense, but Bowe, McCluster and Charles have been dropping too many wide open passes. They will really have to focus this week.

I love to crunch numbers. Stats are a good indicator of what will happen, but they are certainly no guarantee of results. Look at how many upsets there were in the NFL in the past two weeks. That's why they play the game.

Now, the Chiefs are giving up an NFL best 12.3 points per game. To put that in to perspective we need to look at the offenses they have played against. Chiefs opponents have averaged 24.5 PPG this season, so the Chiefs are holding their opponents to 50.2% of their season averages.

By contrast, the Broncos are allowing an average of 26.4 PPG against teams that have a cumulative average of 21.8 ppg, so the Broncos are allowing teams to score 121.3% of their averages overall.

The Broncos are averaging 41.2 ppg and the Chiefs are averaging 23.9 ppg. It looks like an easy win for the Broncos, doesn't it? But let's factor in the defenses.

Chiefs 23.9 ppg X 1.213 = 29 points
    Broncos 41.2 ppg X 50.2 = 20.7 points

Now, let's factor in home field advantage (3 points) and add 1.5 points for Denver and subtract 1.5 for KC.

Chiefs 27.5
    Broncos 22.2

Rounding off...

Chiefs 27
    Broncos 22

That would be my mathematically predicted score, but it doesn't take other factors into account. Let's analyze those numbers for a second. The Chiefs are averaging about 24 ppg so an extra fg doesn't seem to be out of the realm of the reasonably possible against a team that allowed the Jaguars to score 17 points in one quarter. 22 for the Broncos seems too low but the Chargers held them to 28 and the Chiefs have a much better defense than San Diego does, so I don't think that is too big a stretch.

Other factors to consider: The Chiefs, like most teams this time of the year, have been really banged up, including significant injuries to star players, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers, among others. The bye week will allow these guys to heel and hopefully play better than they have the last couple of weeks. Andy Reid led teams are 13-1 in games following a bye.

Much has been made of the Chiefs weak schedule but the Broncos have only played one team with a winning record this year, the Colts, to whom they lost. The Chiefs and Broncos have played 5 common opponents and the Chiefs have won by more points in 3 of those match-ups (Jaguars, Giants and Raiders).

This game will be lower scoring and much closer than many people think. It will probably come down to one turnover or one big mistake determining the outcome. I hope the Broncos players are underestimating the Chiefs as much as some of their fans are. My final prediction:

Chiefs 23
    Broncos 20

link
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-13-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I LOVE you man! And I'll even give you my Bud Light! I'm nervous as hell about this game, but between your numbers and this little feeling I keep getting I think Sunday night just might turn out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I posted this in a Donkey's forum a couple of days ago. Man, you should have seen the excuses start to fly!
    I can also imagine the "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger" type of statements that were probably also made by Donkeys fans.

You should see the reaction that comes from Donkeys fans when I point out the Donkeys all-time SB record of 0 wins, 4 losses, and 2 given to them by the NFL as a going-away present to Turd Elway because he wasn't good enough to win a SB outright on a level playing field.

And yet, none of the Donkeys fans can refute the slew of points that I make as to how and why the Donkeys had those two SB's given to them. Instead, they just go ballistic & I sit back and LMAO at them.

I'll bet Donkeys fans didn't provide any valid refute to the whole slew of points that you listed. Like you said, just excuses.

.... Josh Gordon > all denver's WR......

I hope that guy was joking to get a reaction

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I can also imagine the "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger" type of statements that were probably also made by Donkeys fans.

You should see the reaction that comes from Donkeys fans when I point out the Donkeys all-time SB record of 0 wins, 4 losses, and 2 given to them by the NFL as a going-away present to Turd Elway because he wasn't good enough to win a SB outright on a level playing field.

And yet, none of the Donkeys fans can refute the slew of points that I make as to how and why the Donkeys had those two SB's given to them. Instead, they just go ballistic & I sit back and LMAO at them.

I'll bet Donkeys fans didn't provide any valid refute to the whole slew of points that you listed. Like you said, just excuses.
    The reaction was more of "it's a nice, but you have other variables you are missing" which is true. I'm sure someone could use those numbers for the Tennesse vs Jacksonville game but at the end of the day numbers don't mean jack when you get on the field. Denver's D is going to way different the second half of the season with Von Miller back and getting into a groove.

The reaction was more of "it's a nice, but you have other variables you are missing" which is true. I'm sure someone could use those numbers for the Tennesse vs Jacksonville game but at the end of the day numbers don't mean jack when you get on the field. Denver's D is going to way different the second half of the season with Von Miller back and getting into a groove.
    Miller is NOT unblockable & I believe Eric Fisher will catch up to him and handle him -- hopefully sooner rather than later. With Miller on the field the last three games, the Donkeys were still lucky that their opponents didn't score more points than what they actually did. You know what the best facet of their pass defense was in the last game against SD? It was illegally holding SD receivers beyond 5 yards and not getting called for it. The Chargers did have some success running the ball and the Chargers had to play the 2nd half with a patchwork O-Line with Fluker moving from RT to LT. Prior to moving to LT, Fluker was handling Miller very well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Miller is NOT unblockable & I believe Eric Fisher will catch up to him and handle him -- hopefully sooner rather than later. With Miller on the field the last three games, the Donkeys were still lucky that their opponents didn't score more points than what they actually did. You know what the best facet of their pass defense was in the last game against SD? It was illegally holding SD receivers beyond 5 yards and not getting called for it. The Chargers did have some success running the ball and the Chargers had to play the 2nd half with a patchwork O-Line with Fluker moving from RT to LT. Prior to moving to LT, Fluker was handling Miller very well.

unless you have evidence and can bring it forward, you just sound butt hurt. Denver won the game and that's that. SD could of done way more to win but didn't.

I'm also sure Chiefs have gotten away with calls in the past as well
    Last edited by doobs_05; 11-13-2013 at 07:24 PM.

unless you have evidence and can bring it forward, you just sound butt hurt. Denver won the game and that's that. SD could of done way more to win but didn't.

I'm also sure Chiefs have gotten away with calls in the past as well
    The evidence is via the overhead camera and I don't need to bring it forward. Go watch the game for yourself. Plus, the Chargers announcers touched on it repeatedly when I listened to the live broadcast.

The point that you are missing is that the Donks can be beaten if the opposing team doesn't beat themselves like SD did, as well as the correct calls being made by the officials on the field.

And welcome to my ignore list.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast