Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas huh?

Default Kansas huh?

WICHITA, Kan. - March 12, 2008 -- Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who spent two years in her boyfriend's bathroom and sat on the toilet so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple told Action News Executive Producer Maxine Crooks that earlier reports of the woman sitting on the toilet for two years were not accurate. He said she apparently spent two years in the bathroom. He believed the woman had been sitting on the toilet for at least a month.

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

Police declined to release the couple's names, but the boyfriend, Kory McFarren, agreed to be interviewed Wednesday by The Associated Press. He identified his girlfriend as Pam Bab****.

McFarren, 36, told investigators he took Bab**** food and water and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,"' Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

McFarren told the AP that he wasn't to blame, and that it was solely Bab****'s choice to remain in the bathroom.

"She is an adult; she made her own decision. It was my fault I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it," McFarren said.

Although authorities said they think Bab**** was in the bathroom for two years, McFarren said he wasn't certain how long she stayed there. He said she had a phobia about leaving the room because of childhood beatings.

"It just kind of happened one day. She went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay - like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said Bab**** moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her. He said they conversed and had an otherwise normal relationship - except that it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Bab**** for the 16 years they have lived together.

McFarren called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said.
    Police found Bab**** clothed and sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked as if they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

McFarren said that his girlfriend has an infection in her legs that has damaged her nerves, and that she has no feeling in her legs. She may wind up in a wheelchair, he said.

Authorities said they did not know whether she was mentally or physically disabled.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.
    "It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rre&id=6015629
    I thought this kind of thing only happened in Florida?

Last edited by hermhater; 03-13-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought kind of thing only happened in Florida?

I heard about that. The boyfriend had to have been torturing her or something.

And no, crazy stuff like this happens in the California high desert. The CHUDs are crazy. California High Desert Underground Dwellers.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I heard about that. The boyfriend had to have been torturing her or something.

And no, crazy stuff like this happens in the California high desert. The CHUDs are crazy. California High Desert Underground Dwellers.
    Has anyone heard from Chiefster lately?

He lives in Kansas doesn't he?

He did mention he was going to the doctor yesterday, but he said it was because of a bad knee.

The true story finally comes out...

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Has anyone heard from Chiefster lately?

He lives in Kansas doesn't he?

He did mention he was going to the doctor yesterday, but he said it was because of a bad knee.

The true story finally comes out...

OOOOHHHH! Slam!

I don't think he was forcing her - it really seems kinda sad - She has to have mental issues.

Anyway, did you notice the sheriffs name is Mr. Whipple?????

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I don't think he was forcing her - it really seems kinda sad - She has to have mental issues.

Anyway, did you notice the sheriffs name is Mr. Whipple?????

I wonder if the boyfriend ever told her to ...."Pi$$ or get off the pot!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I wonder if the boyfriend ever told her to ...."Pi$$ or get off the pot!!"
    Keep em' comin'

Really, if the boyfriend wasn't holding her against her will and she had a mental issue, don't you think the boyfriend was screwed up too. I mean, you wait two years to call the police. Very strange.

I seen him on tv outside his trailor - he seemed a bit off.... wouldn't any guy whose girlfriend was stuck on a pot be off? heh..... wonder too if he ever yelled .... DID YOU FALL IN???

tammie you are hilairous!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast