Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's have fun (Coaching)

Default Let's have fun (Coaching)

Alright, now coaching. So many people here HATE Herm Edwards. Fine. Give us some serious thoughts on who would be a better replacement. If you don't like Edwards, you're not going to like Cowher, Kiffin, Dungee, L. Smith, etc. So, let's come up with some better names and why they would bring to the Chiefs that is so much better than Edwards.

Who would you bring in to build an offense around this VERY YOUNG team?

Who would you bring in to keep building this defense?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Alright, now coaching. So many people here HATE Herm Edwards. Fine. Give us some serious thoughts on who would be a better replacement. If you don't like Edwards, you're not going to like Cowher, Kiffin, Dungee, L. Smith, etc. So, let's come up with some better names and why they would bring to the Chiefs that is so much better than Edwards.

Who would you bring in to build an offense around this VERY YOUNG team?

Who would you bring in to keep building this defense?
    As much as I hate to say it I would like to see Kirk Ferentz come up from the Hawkeyes, I am a huge Hawkeye fan and dont want to lose Ferentz but they may be able to get another great coach and the Chiefs could sure use his talent and vision. Although things are far different from college to the Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    As much as I hate to say it I would like to see Kirk Ferentz come up from the Hawkeyes, I am a huge Hawkeye fan and dont want to lose Ferentz but they may be able to get another great coach and the Chiefs could sure use his talent and vision. Although things are far different from college to the Pros.
    Very few coaches make the jump as you pointed out. I think the Chiefs need a guy who has at least some kind of track record in the pros.

But, if we had to go college, how about Les Miles?

Dick LeBeau - Defensive Coordinator from Pittsburgh. He always has that unit at the top of the league in Defense.

Others - Jim Johnson from the Eagles or Greg Manusky from the 49ers, he seems to have turned them into a decent D with lots of youth.

...or you could wait a few weeks and grab Lane Kiffin. There is a history of x-Raider coaches going to a division opponent and having lots of success. Not to mention "The Rat" or his team (Donkeys)...but I do think Lane Kiffin could have a good future in the NFL, and he's done a good job with the patchwork pieces and lack of control he has in Oakland.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I hate to say it but I was thinking Kiffin as well. Wow... Just wow... That would blow my mind if we dumped Herm and hired the crappy faders coach to replace him mid-season. My head may explode! It'll never happen, tho.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I hate to say it but I was thinking Kiffin as well. Wow... Just wow... That would blow my mind if we dumped Herm and hired the crappy faders coach to replace him mid-season.
    ...just think of it as an opportunity to slap Al Davis in the face.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I like Kiffin. I hate that he's in Oakland. If he were given control of that team, they'd be really good. Thank God for Al Davis!!

But, i gotta tell you. If you hate Herm, you'll hate Kiffin. Kiffin even came out recently and said he agrees whole heartedly with what the Chiefs are trying to do and basically said that Herm was doing the right things in Kansas City.

Just thought y'all should know.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    TRUST ME IM A HAWKEYE FAN AND I HAVE HATED FERENTZ FOR A LONG TIME I DONT THINK HE IS THAT GOOD OF A COACH! WE HAVE BE TO SOME ****TY BOWLGAME BECAUSE OF HIM! JMO

Canada and Coach could take this team to the SB.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast