Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I stand corrected.
    You stand up when typing on the comp? Must get hard on your back.

Heh, please bear with my lame joke for the day.

(NOT!)

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    You stand up when typing on the comp? Must get hard on your back.

Heh, please bear with my lame joke for the day.

(NOT!)
    Believe you me I'm sitting!! I'm so old I fart dust!!
    SHUT IT

LJ sure is a role model, ain't he? One more distraction for an already struggling team.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been charged with simple assault for allegedly pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in February, the third time he has faced assault charges against a woman.

Johnson, 28, was charged last month for a Feb. 24 incident at the Grand Emporium Saloon. A 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing the side of her head with an open hand, telling her "don't touch me" as he made his way through the club.

Johnson is due to appear in Kansas City Municipal Court on Dec. 3 and faces a maximum jail term of six months and a $500 fine.

Capt. Rich Lockhart, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, said the charges were filed more than six months after the incident because the investigation worked around more pressing assault cases and detectives had trouble locating a witness.

Johnson was charged with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery in 2003 for allegedly waving a gun during an argument with a former girlfriend at his home. The charges were later dropped when he agreed to a domestic violence diversion program.

Charges against Johnson in 2005 were dropped after a woman who had accused him of pushing her to the ground at a Kansas City bar decided not to press charges and failed to appear in three court hearings.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    LJ sure is a role model, ain't he? One more distraction for an already struggling team.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been charged with simple assault for allegedly pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in February, the third time he has faced assault charges against a woman.

Johnson, 28, was charged last month for a Feb. 24 incident at the Grand Emporium Saloon. A 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing the side of her head with an open hand, telling her "don't touch me" as he made his way through the club.

Johnson is due to appear in Kansas City Municipal Court on Dec. 3 and faces a maximum jail term of six months and a $500 fine.

Capt. Rich Lockhart, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, said the charges were filed more than six months after the incident because the investigation worked around more pressing assault cases and detectives had trouble locating a witness.

Johnson was charged with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery in 2003 for allegedly waving a gun during an argument with a former girlfriend at his home. The charges were later dropped when he agreed to a domestic violence diversion program.

Charges against Johnson in 2005 were dropped after a woman who had accused him of pushing her to the ground at a Kansas City bar decided not to press charges and failed to appear in three court hearings.
    Weird, not one conviction, Hmmmm! Don't make me list the police blotter from every player in the NFL....It would be rather lengthy!!!!!!

I wish I had LJ's phone number so my kids could call him for advise. They won't listen to me.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement!!!! Teams improve their o lines every single year!!!! Trust me I know, I live in Az and watched the Cardinals do it this year!! They were terrible last year and now have a middle of the league O line. If LJ had a mediocre line and an OC that would give him the ball more than 7 times a game, he would have great numbers!!!! So, my point is that it doesn't have to take two or three years to fiz an O line!!!
    Unless there are several holes, and zero depth. Then it might take years.

Weird, not one conviction, Hmmmm! Don't make me list the police blotter from every player in the NFL....It would be rather lengthy!!!!!!
    Seriously, LJ hasn't exactly bee any kind of model citizen. The fact that he paid some women to get them to drop their cases doesn't mean that he didn't do anything.

Yes, some people go after celebs for a quick payoff. There's no doubting that. But, if you know that, then you know that some celebs pay-off trouble.

If you are the kind of celeb who pays-off trouble, then you can expect more people to come looking for a pay-off.

I ceratinly don't know that he shoved this womans head, but I wouldn't put it past him. He has a reputation for thinking that he is better than everybody else. And this would certainly fall in line with that personality.

But we will probably never hear of this again, as he will likely throw some money at it, and it will be gone.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.
    And what does that have to do with us? The truth will come out. If he is guilty he has to pay the price and do the time. It might be what the chiefs need.
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 10-15-2008 at 04:56 AM. Reason: added something
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

This is a ridiculous statement!!!! Teams improve their o lines every single year!!!! Trust me I know, I live in Az and watched the Cardinals do it this year!! They were terrible last year and now have a middle of the league O line. If LJ had a mediocre line and an OC that would give him the ball more than 7 times a game, he would have great numbers!!!! So, my point is that it doesn't have to take two or three years to fiz an O line!!!

I DID NOT POST THAT STATEMENT GRBAC ORIGINALY POSTED IT THEM WORDS DID NOT COME OUT OF ME

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Unless there are several holes, and zero depth. Then it might take years.

Seriously, LJ hasn't exactly bee any kind of model citizen. The fact that he paid some women to get them to drop their cases doesn't mean that he didn't do anything.

Yes, some people go after celebs for a quick payoff. There's no doubting that. But, if you know that, then you know that some celebs pay-off trouble.

If you are the kind of celeb who pays-off trouble, then you can expect more people to come looking for a pay-off.

I ceratinly don't know that he shoved this womans head, but I wouldn't put it past him. He has a reputation for thinking that he is better than everybody else. And this would certainly fall in line with that personality.

But we will probably never hear of this again, as he will likely throw some money at it, and it will be gone.
    I would bet 75% of cases brought against athletes or celebs end in some sort of out of court settlement for one reason or another!!!

Up until recently OJ had no convictions either. hmmm...

I would bet 75% of cases brought against athletes or celebs end in some sort of out of court settlement for one reason or another!!!
    Still does not mean he is innocent.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast