Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Dude you need a hug or something? Cant people ever get something positive out of a season thats so ****ty . relax !
    Okay, THIS time I have to agree with you; this is GREAT news.

Just some cursory observations:

Very athletic. Doesn't throw a "hard ball", but in the case of our receivers, that might end up being a good thing.

And thank God; he can SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMBLE!

A Manning understudy who is chomping at the bit to carve a name for himself? You bet your A** I'll take that in a New York Minute!
    Let us hope that the "Manning Tantrum Blame Game" doesn't come with him.

See you two, it's NOT about being "negative". It's about expecting your franchise to make smart and good moves.
    For now, this is smart and good move.
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 10-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Okay, THIS time I have to agree with you; this is GREAT news.

Just some cursory observations:

Very athletic. Doesn't throw a "hard ball", but in the case of our receivers, that might end up being a good thing.

And thank God; he can SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMBLE!

A Manning understudy who is chomping at the bit to carve a name for himself? You bet your A** I'll take that in a New York Minute!
    Let us hope that the "Manning Tantrum Blame Game" doesn't come with him.

See you two, it's NOT about being "negative". It's about expecting your franchise to make smart and good moves.
    For now, this is smart and good move.
    Must be nice to be naturally positive. So when has this franchise, recently, made a good and smart move? How can I assume this is?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Must be nice to be naturally positive. So when has this franchise, recently, made a good and smart move? How can I assume this is?
    The ONLY good and smart move prior to this signing was the draft itself.
    Make no mistake; Gray and everybody else has to prove their worth. That said, I like Gray's chances a hell of a lot better than our current 'Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Who Can't Produce An Apocalypse'.

That's a good name for those four losers; just like the sects that run around crying "The End Is Near"( still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiting ), we'll all be getting dressed up each week in anticipation/fear of "The Last Days"( which never come )waiting for any consistent productivity out of those four sad-sacks.

Call the Janitor, and SWEEP THE LOCKER ROOM!

I too think this might be a good pick up. He was able to put up some decent looking numbers when he got a chance to play.

According to KCChiefs.com looks like we have come to terms with Quinn Gray. I for one am a little excited to see what this guy can do. Lord knows we have had very little good play at this position thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    According to KCChiefs.com looks like we have come to terms with Quinn Gray. I for one am a little excited to see what this guy can do. Lord knows we have had very little good play at this position thus far.
    We better pickup another QB. Huard was put on IR also, ending his season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I too think this might be a good pick up. He was able to put up some decent looking numbers when he got a chance to play.
    I hear ya'.

But even MORE SO, I want some Chiefs fans to see what a legitimate QB can do WITHOUT the much-ballyhooed "Perfect O-Line".

Everyone of those four 'yard sale pick-me ups' has had near, or JUST AS MUCH TIME IN THE POCKET AS ANYBODY ELSE.

The difference between those idiots and a real QB, is that a REAL QB makes snap decisions with authority and effectiveness, and always has a back door.

Pocket-Squatters drive me up a f*cking wall; that sh*t is USELESS.

The Four Dipsh*ts plant themselves in the backfield like little old ladies shopping for fruit in the produce section. And then there's Thigpen Sanders-Holmes, who seems hell-bent on running himself in to a Coma and a nice, comfy suite at the KU Medcenter.

So many fans haven't seen a Quarterback on this team for so long, they've forgotten how the position is supposed to be played.

How can anyone say that Quinn Grey is a good QB? If he was someone to be watched, why hasn't anyone else snatched him up? Why would someone just toss a good QB away?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    How can anyone say that Quinn Grey is a good QB? If he was someone to be watched, why hasn't anyone else snatched him up? Why would someone just toss a good QB away?
    I can only go by film and numbers at this point. But from what I've seen, his form, reading, and athleticism have put him above everyone else posing as QB and collecting a paycheck from One Arrowhead Drive.

In my eyes, he had those fools beat hands-down before the ink dried on his new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I hear ya'.

But even MORE SO, I want some Chiefs fans to see what a legitimate QB can do WITHOUT the much-ballyhooed "Perfect O-Line".

Everyone of those four 'yard sale pick-me ups' has had near, or JUST AS MUCH TIME IN THE POCKET AS ANYBODY ELSE.

The difference between those idiots and a real QB, is that a REAL QB makes snap decisions with authority and effectiveness, and always has a back door.

Pocket-Squatters drive me up a f*cking wall; that sh*t is USELESS.

The Four Dipsh*ts plant themselves in the backfield like little old ladies shopping for fruit in the produce section. And then there's Thigpen Sanders-Holmes, who seems hell-bent on running himself in to a Coma and a nice, comfy suite at the KU Medcenter.

So many fans haven't seen a Quarterback on this team for so long, they've forgotten how the position is supposed to be played.
    Well, he will probably play within the next ten days, so my question is this..

What do you do if he does get injured after a game or two?

Is he suddenly a 'never-was'? Is it just another magical fluke? Or did he used to be great, but then decided to suck balls for us? Or do you make up some other excuse, so that you can continue to ignore the real problem?

I like Gray. He might be a decent QB. I am not excited to see what he can do, because I have very little faith that I am going to be able to see what he can do.

Maybe, if we act right during this off-season, I will get a chance to see what he can do next season. I doubt it, as I have zero faith in this team to address the o-line properly. But that is the hope that I see for Gray.

The statement about our QBs having just as much time in the pocket.. is ludacris. There is no way that you have ever watched any of this team. Either that, or you need to finish removing the rose-colored glasses from that Coalition place.

But hell, as long as we are going to fantasize, that o-line is busting-open the same running lanes as every other unit in the league too. In fact, offensive linemen make absolutely no difference whatsoever. One o-line is just as good as the next. No NFL QB has any more, nor less, time to throw. That is all just make believe.

If you were looking for something to argue about, all you have to do is say stupid s*** like that.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast