Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: WEEK 1 Bills vs CHIEFS

Default WEEK 1 Bills vs CHIEFS

It's for real this time

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This game is not a Matt Cassel loss. He put up decent numbers. Was he part of the problem with some overthrows yes. But Matt Cassel didn't fumble the opening kickoff. Matt Cassel didn't fumble and give the bills the ball inside the 25. This was a CHIEFS loss. PLAYERS COACHING STAFF neither did there jobs today. They made themselfs look like a joke with the way they preformed today. I am upset about this loss just like everyone eles but the season is not over. What needs to happen is this team gets pissed off over this loss and make the other teams we play pay for it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Cassel did not look great, but certainly this game cannot be put completely on his shoulders.

There was the drop by Bowe, yet again! McCluster's fumble, but the offense overall was really not the biggest problem.

No, the biggest issue came from the defense, are these defensive players really professionals? There was absolutely no tackling, very little pass rush and the coverage on pass plays beyond atrocious.

3 and out on the offense was bad, but good greif, we got no play from the defense at all.

Conditioning! This team looked like a bunch of 1A college players. Pathetic!
    Exceptional post...

Cassel wasn't/isn't the problem. So, frankly, I think you KCraised, are out on a limb with a chainsaw, feverishly cutting your own argument in half. Please explain what Cassel did that caused the loss. Let's try this: receivers could not get open and dropped passes. The running game got stuffed and they had no explosive ability. Our secondary could not keep pace with 3rd rate receivers. There was no such letdown by Cassel. He looked bad because no one was helping him. He could've forced passes and turned the ball over a 100 times, but he didn't. He tried to make plays and the skill players let him down. Cassel is our future. Get used to it.

Cassel was pretty bad today. The INT was horrible, and when he wasn't throwing underneath, his downfield throws weren't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Lol....foolish remarks...like ill say again, print this out on your computer and we will talk week 16. And rich gannon even said Cassel wasnt handling pressure well. PLEASE dont tell me you think you know more about the qb position than rich Gannon...
    You can find former greats saying good and bad things about almost every current player at their position.

My apologies for being rude. Today's game has a lot of us on edge.

And you are welcome to your opinion about Cassel. But, to pick him out, as he was likely the least horrible part of The Chiefs today, seems a little strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Cassel was pretty bad today. The INT was horrible, and when he wasn't throwing underneath, his downfield throws weren't even close.
    I won't disagree with you that Cassel wasn't good today. But this loss is not his fault. It's the entire teams. To put this loss on Cassel is a bit of a strech.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I won't disagree with you that Cassel wasn't good today. But this loss is not his fault. It's the entire teams. To put this loss on Cassel is a bit of a strech.
    I'm not putting it on him, but I'm not going to give him a free pass either. That's all. I didn't get to see most of the game b/c DirecTV kept freezing, so I can't say much. That was just one thing I noticed from the game though.

Fubbalo are you for real oh god they are in trouble at home to boot...so glad I never paid to see that game...I know it only one but god it only gets worse!

While there's no player without a little blame, this is almost entirely the coaching staff loss, pure and simple. Haley screwed up in preseason, getting Moeaki hurt (playing starters deep in the 4th preseason game!) and focusing on conditioning instead of playcalling. And in this game he quickly got away from our running game (Charles only rushed 10 times, and he had a 5.6 YPA!) and had Cassel (a game manager) throw it 36 times. I get fumbles got us down early, but we're not winning anything if Cassel throws 35+ times. Actually, we're now 0-9 when Cassel throws 35+ times. That isn't who he is.

That said, it wouldn't take a ton to turn us around. Pioli needs to take the offensive playcalling away from Haley, and we need a couple games to gel on the field as we didn't get that chance in preseason. But we have some talent and have very winnable games for the next eight (Detroit, SD twice, Indy, Minny, Oakland, Denver, Miami). If the coaching improves, things will get better.

Also, the Bills are a better team than everyone realizes. If their OL holds up, they can be a wild card team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    and we need a couple games to gel on the field as we didn't get that chance in preseason.
    Keep in mind - neither did the bills....
    SHUT IT