Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Schedule

Default 2014 Schedule

got it from /r/kansascitychiefs on reddit.

GOOD LORD!!!!! This off season crap lasts TOO LONG! I'm getting real antsy for the draft and preseason to get here!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    GOOD LORD!!!!! This off season crap lasts TOO LONG! I'm getting real antsy for the draft and preseason to get here!
    Yeah I dont like tbat they moved the draft. The draft would have been this weekend. Kinda feels like a dead spot with not much going on now.

[That would have put us at 8-8 last year this year is 5 times harder schedule. Sorry that puts US at 4-5 wins tops.
    QUOTE=ctchiefsfan;298212]OUCH! That is a TOUGH schedule. But then I thought last year with all those NFC East teams was tough too, so what do I know?

Roy is right....way too early to be making predictions. But we're Chiefs fans so it is what we do.

For the moment I see us at 9-3 with 4 "possibles". We'll probably split the "possibles" and lose 2 of the games I figure for wins so I am guessing 9-7.

Those 9 wins I'm counting on include splitting with donks and dolts. Sweeping Oakland. Splitting with Rams and Arizona. Also includes whooping the 9ers. Alex Smith is going to pull that game out in the last 4 minutes. Payback is a female dog and he aims to have some......BBQd!!!

For now, and assuming we stay relatively healthy, I say absolute worst case is 7-9; best case 10-6. I figure that at week 17 we're holding our breath and hoping for a couple of teams to lose so we can sneak into the playoffs.

And that would put us at 8-8 or 9-7.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    There is talk about the playoffs being expanded with more teams in the post-season. Very interesting.
    I think it's a dumb idea. if they owners could, they would let every team into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I think it's a dumb idea. if they owners could, they would let every team into the playoffs.
    Never heard of any such concept in the NFL, AAFC, AFL, WFL, USFL, NFL Europe, CFL. Please point us to one instance where there was talk of all teams in a pro-level football league participating in the playoffs.

Each conference has 6 teams out of 16 that get post-season. The talk is expanding it to 8 teams in each conference. Not dumb at all.

Each conference has 6 teams out of 16 that get post-season. The talk is expanding it to 8 teams in each conference. Not dumb at all.
    It's not a dumb idea because it would mean more revenue for the NFL, but I'm against it. It used to be that only 4 teams from each conference made the playoffs; one from each division and one wild card. When the NFL went to four divisions they added a 2nd wild card making the current format of 6 teams from each conference with the two top conference winners getting a first round bye.

Going to 8 teams in each conference would eliminate the bye for the 4 teams with the best records. It would also water down the accomplishment of making the playoffs. We already have teams getting in at 8-8 and even 7-9. Expanding the number of playoff teams would guarantee that this happens on a regular basis.

In the NBA this happens all the time with 16 out of 30 teams making the playoffs. However, they play a 7 game series in each round so the worst seeds are almost always eliminated in the first or second rounds. In the NFL each round is only one game. There is too high a chance that lucky bounces or untimely injuries would let weaker teams advance. I don't want to see a 13-3 team get knocked out in the first round by a 6-10 team just because they had one bad game.

I like the format the way it is now. It allows the best teams to "earn" an extra week of rest and teams with very good records (like the Chiefs at 11-5 last year) aren't kept out of the playoffs just because they were in a very tough division. It should​ be difficult to make the playoffs. I don't want to see that achievement watered down any further.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

^^Sorry, TR, but I must differ with you. Go back to 1969 when the AFL in it's final season decided to expand it's postseason from 2 teams to 4. The Chiefs have their only SB trophy because of it. They got a crack at both the division winners ( Jets and Raiders ) and beat them both in their park.

If a 13-3 team gets knocked off by a 9-7 team or 7-9 team, then too bad. When you get your chance in the post-season, you have to be ready, regardless of what your record was in the regular season.

Going to 8 teams would not lesson the difficulty of getting to the playoffs by that much & I personally would like to see the bye week eliminated from the post-season.

Never heard of any such concept in the NFL, AAFC, AFL, WFL, USFL, NFL Europe, CFL. Please point us to one instance where there was talk of all teams in a pro-level football league participating in the playoffs.

I'm not saying they've proposed it but if they got the go ahead they would, it would mean more $$$$$ in their pocket, which is what this expansion of playoffs and expansion of the regular season (18 games) is all about.
    Last edited by doobs_05; 04-29-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I'm not saying they've proposed it but if they got the go ahead they would, it would mean more $$$$$ in their pocket, which is what this expansion of playoffs and expansion of the regular season (18 games) is all about.
    I'm not for 18 games and neither are the players. But, 8 teams in the post-season in each conference isn't so drastic. And all teams in the post-season, like you were suggesting, isn't going to happen, so I have no clue as to why one would even entertain that thought.

As far as extending the playoffs, I'd be for it. The extra revenue could mean a lot for the cities the teams play in.

If injuries are an issue, why not expand the rosters? Give teams more players to rotate over the course of the season might go a long way to cut down on injuries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123