Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

I don't think he ix as good as he is being made out to be but i don't think he will be a bust. I watched him tonight for the first time and I wasn't too impressed with him either ... until about the middle of the 3rd quartered when he engineered 3 straight scoring drives for 2 TDs and a FG. During that stretch I saw a QB with the knowledge of Payton Manning, the pinpoint quick passing of an Aaron Rodgers, the mobility of a Michael Vick and the size/strength of Big Ben or Cam Newton.

On the other hand, he does have some excellent receivers, a balanced run/pass attack and USC was by far the best team they played this year. He benefitted from a couple of questionable pass interference and unnecessary roughness penalties but, looking at the replays, I thought they were all "technically" good calls.

He calls his own plays which is almost unheard of at the college level, and I thought he did a good job of mixing it up.

I still think he is overhyped, but very good. On the other hand, I thought the same thing about Cam Newton and aside ftom being prone to interceptions,he's performed much better than I thought he would.

The bad news for Luck is that whoever gets him will have a bad offense to put around him and probably a new coach and offensive coordinator. Unless the Colts get him he will be expected to start his rookie year and it may be tough going for him for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't think he ix as good as he is being made out to be but i don't think he will be a bust. I watched him tonight for the first time and I wasn't too impressed with him either ... until about the middle of the 3rd quartered when he engineered 3 straight scoring drives for 2 TDs and a FG. During that stretch I saw a QB with the knowledge of Payton Manning, the pinpoint quick passing of an Aaron Rodgers, the mobility of a Michael Vick and the size/strength of Big Ben or Cam Newton.

On the other hand, he does have some excellent receivers, a balanced run/pass attack and USC was by far the best team they played this year. He benefitted from a couple of questionable pass interference and unnecessary roughness penalties but, looking at the replays, I thought they were all "technically" good calls.

He calls his own plays which is almost unheard of at the college level, and I thought he did a good job of mixing it up.

I still think he is overhyped, but very good. On the other hand, I thought the same thing about Cam Newton and aside ftom being prone to interceptions,he's performed much better than I thought he would.

The bad news for Luck is that whoever gets him will have a bad offense to put around him and probably a new coach and offensive coordinator. Unless the Colts get him he will be expected to start his rookie year and it may be tough going for him for a couple of years.
    When all 5 of his linemen had the D line in headlocks, were tackling defensive linemen and the passes were under 10 yards and he had 10 seconds or more to find a receiver, yeah he could really throw an accurate pass.

I am sofa king.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsofaking View Post
    I am sofa king.
    Without a car I am "Man Out Wall King!"

Don't care then don't watch.The scariiest halloween I've had in years.GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by deadmeat View Post
    Don't care then don't watch.The scariiest halloween I've had in years.GO CHIEFS
    That's a great observation. It has been a very long time since I got scared at Halloween.

Tonight did it though.

I'll admit it tonight. Cassel wasn't just "okay", he was good tonight, despite the 2 INTs.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Cassel was good when it mattered and I think that's what counts. Yes it would be nice to put up a lot of points like the Saints or Green Bay, but that's just not KC style football and it really hasn't been for as long as I can remember. We have all known KC for being the type of team to win a lot of games by less than a touchdown, as proven tonight.

The unfortunate thing about this game though, will be everyone talking about Rivers and his fumble near the end of the game, while in easy field goal range, instead of the Chiefs defense only allowing the Chargers to 1 touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    The unfortunate thing about this game though, will be everyone talking about Rivers and his fumble near the end of the game, while in easy field goal range, instead of the Chiefs defense only allowing the Chargers to 1 touchdown.
    You're right. That will be all they talk about. What won't be talked about (and should be) is that the Chargers won the toss and had a chance to win the game in overtime. But the Chiefs held them to 3 and out and then our offense marched right down the field to set up the winning FG.

They deserve a lot of credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    Cassel was good when it mattered and I think that's what counts. Yes it would be nice to put up a lot of points like the Saints or Green Bay, but that's just not KC style football and it really hasn't been for as long as I can remember. We have all known KC for being the type of team to win a lot of games by less than a touchdown, as proven tonight.
    I think you are forgetting something....

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Once upon a time....

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast