Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nine Words Women Use...

Default Nine Words Women Use...

This is GOOD, lol. It was written by a man for men. For the record...I fully admit as a woman that what you'll read below is the truth overall. I'm not in self denial, hahaha. That said, there are some exceptions for some women. In my case I take exception with #2...I would NEVER do that if it was a football game, especially the Chiefs! lol

I take exception with #6 too...it depends upon the tone used when saying "that's okay". Sometimes "that's okay" can be a positive phrase, haha.

In our defense...we women do have positive personality traits too! hahaha

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing)

6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here-this is true, unless she says “thanks a lot”- that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say “you’re welcome”- that will bring on a ‘whatever’.)

8) Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying F*** YOU!

9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the response refer to #3.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-04-2010 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spacing

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I use to love to fish!!! When my x hubby & I first began dating his parents camped every weekend at Lake Perry in KS...and we'd go fishing often. I'll even bait my own hook, lol.

We carried on his family tradition of camping & fishing every weekend when our kids were young, but when they started becoming older...wanting to go out with friends...we stopped camping & fishing.

I tried to get him re-interested once our kids were grown, but he'd lost interest in it, developed newer interests...riding and working on his Harley mostly.

I go fishing once in awhile with my daughter, her hubby & grandkids. My house isn't too far from the Perry Lake area, also the small Delaware River is close. The Perry Wildlife Reserve is close too...but I'm not much for hunting, I couldn't kill a deer. I can't chop the head off of a fish, but I'll clean it once someone else does that part, lol.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

As far as being a dream girl...hahahaha.

I have many faults!!...here's NINE I know irritated my x hubby. I don't know what all men consider female faults, cause I was only with one from age 15 till a yr ago, lol...I only know what 'he' considered my female faults & complained about.

1) Fault: I would gripe with a comment when he left the toilet lid up, and I'd plop down without looking & my rear damn near hit water! LOL However...I learned a lesson from your post Dave! I was a hypocrite, cause there's truth in that men don't ask us to put the toilet lid up! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If I ever have another relationship...I'm gonna work on that fault! LOL

2) Fault: I love decorating for holidays! Valentine, Easter, 4th, Fall, & Christmas. I don't know how other men are, but my x hubby complained saying I went overboard with decorating for holidays...not about money spent, cause I'm an expert at spending a buck & making it look like a million, haha...and also make many of my decorations myself. He always complained about the time I spent & trouble I went to decorating, saying it was a waste of time & effort.

That was a difference in how we were raised...my family went all out for holidays, his didn't. His mom only had a small table top tree at Christmas. In my defense however, all our family and friends love coming to our house for holiday gatherings...because of the time I spend with decorating, cooking, & baking.

3) Another fault: I'm a firm believer in that too much food is better than not enough when entertaining. My X
    complained I always made way too much food when entertaining & I'd send leftover's home with guests, haha.

4) Fault: I wear sweats, or jeans, & a Chiefs t-shirt running basic household related errands & doing household chores. I'm not gonna be dressed up every hour & with make up & hair perfect. My x hubby DID CARE what I wore & looked like no matter what! He gripped at me if I didn't look my best to even go to Walmart or Lowes. He wasn't like that though until his personality changed...one of his 4-5 personalities can be very vain & arrogant about his appearance & others.

5)Fault: I get cranky on Thanksgiving and Christmas when he slept till noon, and 30 or so family members were coming at 2:00 for dinner and he wouldn't lend a hand before noon.

6) Fault: I get irritated when entertaining and he hogs the pool table downstairs and won't let me play too. My X thought my place should be with the girls, not with the guys playing pool, lol.

7)Fault: I don't handle drunk driving well...if he's drunk, I'm driving! If we've both had too much, we're catching a ride, or calling a cab to take us to a hotel. No drunk driving. My X had a bad habit of believeing he was the only person on Earth who drove as good drunk as sober, NOT!! This was probably the biggest reason for any fights in my marriage.

8) Fault: I'll climb on the back of a motorcycle...but do not enjoy going fast, and not on Interstates. I'm more of a country roads enjoying the scenery girl when it comes to motorcycle riding.

9) Fault: I don't mind if he's late once in a while for dinner, but please call and tell me, so I can start dinner later & not have to keep it warm, or worry he's been hurt, haha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-05-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    As far as being a dream girl...hahahaha.

I have many faults!!...here's NINE I know irritated my x hubby. I don't know what all men consider female faults, cause I was only with one from age 15 till a yr ago, lol...I only know what 'he' considered my female faults & complained about.

1) Fault: I would gripe with a comment when he left the toilet lid up, and I'd plop down without looking & my rear damn near hit water! LOL However...I learned a lesson from your post Dave! I was a hypocrite, cause there's truth in that men don't ask us to put the toilet lid up! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If I ever have another relationship...I'm gonna work on that fault! LOL You can learn to over come great.

2) Fault: I love decorating for holidays! Valentine, Easter, 4th, Fall, & Christmas. I don't know how other men are, but my x hubby complained saying I went overboard with decorating for holidays...not about money spent, cause I'm an expert at spending a buck & making it look like a million, haha...and also make many of my decorations myself. He always complained about the time I spent & trouble I went to decorating, saying it was a waste of time & effort.

That was a difference in how we were raised...my family went all out for holidays, his didn't. His mom only had a small table top tree at Christmas. In my defense however, all our family and friends love coming to our house for holiday gatherings...because of the time I spend with decorating, cooking, & baking. You should see my wife she does the same I don't care except when I have to drag the stuff out of the attic and pput it back up. LOL

3) Another fault: I'm a firm believer in that too much food is better than not enough when entertaining. My X
    complained I always made way too much food when entertaining & I'd send leftover's home with guests, haha. That is okay better to have guests go away with food that go away hungry.

4) Fault: I wear sweats, or jeans, & a Chiefs t-shirt running basic household related errands & doing household chores. I'm not gonna be dressed up every hour & with make up & hair perfect. My x hubby DID CARE what I wore & looked like no matter what! He gripped at me if I didn't look my best to even go to Walmart or Lowes. He wasn't like that though until his personality changed...one of his 4-5 personalities can be very vain & arrogant about his appearance & others. Again who cares why dress up for people who could care less and you don't need to impress them, I am jeans and golf shirt person I hate getting dressed up.

5)Fault: I get cranky on Thanksgiving and Christmas when he slept till noon, and 30 or so family members were coming at 2:00 for dinner and he wouldn't lend a hand before noon. As you should I don't help alot but at least I am up and available to help if asked. LOL

6) Fault: I get irritated when entertaining and he hogs the pool table downstairs and won't let me play too. My X thought my place should be with the girls, not with the guys playing pool, lol. My idea is to be where the girls are I would rather look at a women than another guys butt leaning over a pool table now if it is a woman's butt or down a blouse bent over a pool table that is a different story again LOL.

7)Fault: I don't handle drunk driving well...if he's drunk, I'm driving! If we've both had too much, we're catching a ride, or calling a cab to take us to a hotel. No drunk driving. My X had a bad habit of believeing he was the only person on Earth who drove as good drunk as sober, NOT!! This was probably the biggest reason for any fights in my marriage. All I have to say about that is amen to you.

8) Fault: I'll climb on the back of a motorcycle...but do not enjoy going fast, and not on Interstates. I'm more of a country roads enjoying the scenery girl when it comes to motorcycle riding. Again I agree I don't even like motorcycles fast or slow.

9) Fault: I don't mind if he's late once in a while for dinner, but please call and tell me, so I can start dinner later & not have to keep it warm, or worry he's been hurt, haha. I had a hard time learning that one but after about 10 years it sunk in, if my wife is going to go to the time to cook me a meal at least I could let her know I am running late.
    Does this fit your X?

To all of the post in this thread.

He wasn't always a whiner Dave, but yes, haha...he became a whiner later in life...reminded me of that movie title "Grumpy Old Men", haha. Some people cope with life's hurdles better than others, he wasn't one of them later in life. :(

Sadly though, our grandkids get on his nerves too, he can't be around them for more than a 1/2 hr without stressing...so they're not gonna have that grandpa influence I had hoped for when envisioning this stage of life once upon a time.

They come to my house sometimes when mom & dad need a sitter...we have a blast now without grandpa's restrictions! OOPS! haha My daughter says it takes two hrs to get them un-wound after they leave, lol.

My 6 yr old grand-daughter is a riot...her mom in sarcastic jestful tone say's she has my personality like it's my fault she's a riot and spunky, haha.

One afternoon a month ago I was kid-sitting. We made sugar cookies & when my grand-daughter was done mixing icing...she threw a beater from the island to the sink...6' away! I was standing at the sink with my back to her & the beater fly's into the sink, startling me! I turn around & she's laughing, threw her hands up in the air & yelled, "BULLSEYE!". I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! Once the laughter stopped I explained throwing a metal beater in grandma's direction wasn't a good idea in case she was off aiming for the sink, lol.

Below's a pic taken the day she threw the beater, haha. I have 4...2 natural & 2 step grandkids from my son in laws first marriage, they have full custody.

Below was another day my grand-daughter & I were making oatmeal raisin cookies...she loves to bake like me! She's a Chiefs fan like grandma too, haha!! She's named after my grandma, Madeline Grace, which would be her gr-gr-grandma. My grandma passed when I was only 11, but she & her sister, my gr-aunt, were the most influential women in my life. That's how I want my grandkids to remember me also!

Added note's to your reply Dave...he didn't help bring down or take the holiday decor back to the attic, I do all that. I'm okay with it though, the holiday decorating was my thing, not his. 'If' I did ever ask him to carry something, he usually would, I just didn't ask much.

My fear with riding his Harley fast or in high risk traffic...comes from a bad wreck when I was 16 & we were dating. He had a Honda 450 then, I was on back. Thankfully KS had a helmet law then or I wouldn't be here today. I looked like a mummy when the ER finished wrapping my road rash...naive then, I had cut off jean shorts on, tank top. We slid almost 100' on the road with the bike before coming to a rest. The scars faded over time, I was blessed overall.

He had too much to drink that day. His parents didn't care if he drank in his teens, they were very liberal, he didn't have much discipline by comparison to my dad who was fairly strict.

LOL @ girls bending over a pool table, I think most men are that way! hahaha

Women can be worriers by nature...we have natural mother instincts and they kick in with hubby's too...so the calling if you're gonna be late is more about not worrying, at least for me. Though we do tend to feel unappreciated if we cook and our guy's late without calling. Those are common female traits/faults, hahaha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-06-2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo

haha post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    i know the words a woman wont use. i know its long but.Please read this whole post b4 closing it.

Things a woman will not/cant say............................................... ...................

#1).Your right........................

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

#2)Im wrong.......................

That about settles that. Thank u.

The words a man should learn to say to his wife is "YES DEAR". Those two words have kept me out of trouble more than I can count. And never go to bed mad see the two words above that helps keep that from happening. I tried to teach my son-in-law that but he did not listen and my daughter and him are going through a divorce right now.

I'm sorry your family is enduring a divorce, as I know it's hard on everyone involved.

In my humble opinion...I think too many expect perfection these days in every aspect of life, including marriage, and often expect that perfection more from their spouse than they do themselves. Society in many ways is being conditioned to believe if everything in life isn't perfect...then they must not be living life happy and to it's fullest, and there is more to life than what they have. So much is taken for granted, and most have much more to be grateful for than not...if they would only open their eyes and see what they have, instead of seeing what they don't.

Those who spend all their time looking for way's to be happy, likely shall never find happiness. Happiness is found within.

Compromise in marriage seems to be of a bygone era...many in society these days seem to have a me, me, me, me approach to relationships...which certainly will lead to disaster.

I think it's admirable a man would always be willing to say "Yes Dear"...but in fairness, women and men both should be willing to say "Yes Dear"...it works both ways...or it should.

sorry to hear that. what a shame :( I always just swallowed my pride and apologized for what was going on. whether I was in the wrong or not, I just didnt want to argue about silly stuff which is what it usually is...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The words a man should learn to say to his wife is "YES DEAR". Those two words have kept me out of trouble more than I can count. And never go to bed mad see the two words above that helps keep that from happening. I tried to teach my son-in-law that but he did not listen and my daughter and him are going through a divorce right now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast