Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Default Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Source: ESPN.com
    Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was held scoreless in Sunday's odd win over the Denver Broncos, not just from a touchdown perspective (he had scored a touchdown in seven straight games) but from a fantasy perspective, too. Bowe didn't record a single catch, which has to befuddle his fantasy owners. So should we call this a harbinger of doom for fantasy's top wide receiver or just one of those strange days?

I watched some of that Chiefs-Broncos game, and I'll be honest, with the way the Chiefs were controlling the line of scrimmage with their terrific two-man running attack I wasn't surprised quarterback Matt Cassel, who we also liked for Week 13, didn't look Bowe's way much. Cassel didn't have an awful game statistically, finishing with 11 standard fantasy points, but his leading receivers were running back Thomas Jones and tight end Tony Moeaki, who combined for 12 of Cassel's 31 targets and 108 of his 196 passing yards. Bowe saw only three targets, but I doubt the Chiefs care, since they won.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Like I said, it was one week. When we played IN Denver, he had 13 catches for 186 yards and 2 TD.

Just wasn't his week, I guess.

no need to worry about Bowe, he'll catch a few more td's, its just one bad game, really bad game.....i am a little concerned about those 3 easy picks we dropped that may have turned that game into an easy win. we have dropped a lot of those this year it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    EXACTLY!

I've had so many people tell me that without Bowe Cassel wouldn't be able to do anything and would be shut down. Well Bowe wasn't a factor and Cassel still threw for almost 200 yards! That shut a bunch of people up! haha
    Matt Cassel is starting to go through his progressions so he is starting to beable to hit other recievers than just Bowe. He is getting better right before our eyes and I hope he just keeps it up. I wouldn't worry about Bowe its only been one week. Look at Roddy White for Atlanta two weeks ago he had maybe one or two catches but he still is the best WR in the league this year. So lets hope that Bowe can come out this Sunday and tear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    no need to worry about Bowe, he'll catch a few more td's, its just one bad game, really bad game.....i am a little concerned about those 3 easy picks we dropped that may have turned that game into an easy win. we have dropped a lot of those this year it seems.
    While I would have liked those they're not receivers for a reason...

I saw 3 passes to Bowe. 2 over thrown, and 1 he had it but didn't get it..that should of been DPI but they ruled OPI
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Bowe was double teamed the entire game, and not only double teamed, it was done with one of the best corners in the league.

This just shows how much we need a legit #2 receiver. Take two guys to cover Bowe and we will kill you with our other Receiver, because they were in man to man most of the game.

bowe didnt quit...he finished all his routes and held all his blocks on every play that i could tell...this was very promising considering this was the first time in a while he hasnt had a big game...his head was still in the game despite his lack of production

can you say that would have happened in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Bowe was double teamed the entire game, and not only double teamed, it was done with one of the best corners in the league.

This just shows how much we need a legit #2 receiver. Take two guys to cover Bowe and we will kill you with our other Receiver, because they were in man to man most of the game.
    Exactly, Bowe is not a seperation receiver, with his size, he is better duking it out with a corner. We need a speedster to stretch the defense a little more.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    bowe didnt quit...he finished all his routes and held all his blocks on every play that i could tell...this was very promising considering this was the first time in a while he hasnt had a big game...his head was still in the game despite his lack of production

can you say that would have happened in the past?
    Actually there was one play that had me befuddled. Cassel was clearly going long and in Bowe's vacinity, but Bowe was no where to be found.

Somewhere there was some confusion on that play and we have seen that kind of thing before. The body language of both Cassel and Bowe suggested it was a miscue on Bowe's part yet again.

I just wonder sometimes if the guy is all that smart, or if he has a memory issue.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Actually there was one play that had me befuddled. Cassel was clearly going long and in Bowe's vacinity, but Bowe was no where to be found.

Somewhere there was some confusion on that play and we have seen that kind of thing before. The body language of both Cassel and Bowe suggested it was a miscue on Bowe's part yet again.

I just wonder sometimes if the guy is all that smart, or if he has a memory issue.

If it is the play I think it is, Cassel was just throwing it away after he already started his motion and realized it was covered. He threw it where no one could reach it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast