Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade?

Default Would you trade?

Would you trade Derrick Johnson for Roy Williams straight up?

Why or why not?

I ask this because I think Roy would be a great addition to the Chiefs wideouts and might be exactly the deep threat this team needs.

In addition to that, in spite of how great I think Derrick Johnson is (and still could become), I don't think Todd Haley likes him. He certainly has value and he is at the end of his contract.

Thoughts?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post

Why or why not?

I ask this because I think Roy would be a great addition to the Chiefs wideouts and might be exactly the deep threat this team needs.

In addition to that, in spite of how great I think Derrick Johnson is (and still could become), I don't think Todd Haley likes him. He certainly has value and he is at the end of his contract.

Thoughts?

Brian
    I want to say yes, because I believe we need a better receiving corps. But I want to say no because our LB corps is not that great, so why get rid of some talent that we do have there? Would a trade like this happen? Probably not considering what Dallas gave up to get Roy Williams. If we would have added more depth in free agency and in the draft at the LB position I would have been fine with a trade like this, but until the depth at the LB is position is stronger, we can't be getting rid of anybody.

Resident Celebrity

NO! Roy Williams isn't that good. Haley would run his lazy *** out of town before the season started.
    I think DJ understands that if doesn't produce this year, his chance for a big paycheck are slim to none.

To me it would all depend on what Haley has planned for DJ. If DJ still does not fit into what Haley has planed for the defense then I would say yes. It would be a good trade for the Chiefs to make. We could still use a little help at the WR spot.

If Haley has plans to use DJ then No. DJ can get after the passer a little and as I have said all offseason I think that this is the biggest need for the Chiefs at this point. It would all depend on what Haley and the new coaches have planned for DJ.

I dont think Roy Williams is a big upgrade at wr hes not been the same reciver over the past couple of years. I would rather have DJ my self.

Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post

Why or why not?

Thoughts?

Brian
    Actually, that would be a terrific trade. DJ is gone in 2011 anyway, and he's a poor fit for our defense. We'd be basically taking a flyer on Williams being 2007-era Lions Williams as opposed to 2008/09-era Lions/Cowboys Williams. His salary is pretty high, but we could cut him in the offseason if he turns out to be a bust.

Might as well get something for DJ, even if its only a chance at a 1WR, while we can.

Roy Williams is terrible...no.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

My question is why would this thought even cross someones mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    My question is why would this thought even cross someones mind.
    Because, living in Texas, there is a lot of talk down here about Roy Williams obsolecense with the acquisition of Dez Bryant. Derrick Johnson is a UT graduate, just like Roy Williams, and Dallas loves having state school alum on the team.

While I love DJ and I think he is a tremendous asset to the Chiefs, I am enough of a realist to see that Haley doesn't exactly feel the same way.

Roy Williams has struggled in Dallas but could very likely be a star again on the Chiefs. DJ is a second stringer in KC, at the end of his rookie contract and would be a welcome addition to the Cowboys.

To me it makes a lot of sense for both teams IF, and ONLY IF, Haley feels the same way about DJ this year as he did last year. If DJ blows up this year and becomes a Pro Bowl LB then I would think the Chiefs would be smart enough to resign him.

Anyway, that is why the thought would cross someone's mind. Feel free to get back to all the really important discussion that was going on before I interupted...

Brian

I think Roy Williams is really overrated and has been his whole career, and ILB is a position of need for us. So I'm not a fan. We already have 2 good wideouts plus now McCluster to handle the slot.

No, because.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast