Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had Manning and Hunt known Any Reid would be the next KC coach...

Default Had Manning and Hunt known Any Reid would be the next KC coach...

I think he would have struggled a year as the KC qb.

but hindsight is 20 20 for a reason...

:peace:

If Manning had come here, then we would have probably been competitive last year, but I doubt we would have made the playoffs. Which means we probably would not have fired Romeo or Pioli (since the team improved). Also, as dempsey mentioned, with our OL, he would have had a hard time having success.

So that having been said, Im glad he didnt come here. Otherwise we would not have Reid and Dorsey as they would have gone to different teams in the offseason, and we would be stuck with a mediocre team due to poor coaching and drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If Manning had come here, then we would have probably been competitive last year, but I doubt we would have made the playoffs. Which means we probably would not have fired Romeo or Pioli (since the team improved). Also, as dempsey mentioned, with our OL, he would have had a hard time having success.

So that having been said, Im glad he didnt come here. Otherwise we would not have Reid and Dorsey as they would have gone to different teams in the offseason, and we would be stuck with a mediocre team due to poor coaching and drafting.
    good points fer sure...
    was purely a hypothetical.

i get tired of the articles the media puts out, so i try and spice up the what ifs when i can.

i think the reason i made the point was the sole reason manning didnt even talk to them were because of pioli and crenel (or whoever else would coach)

id say this, if mannings departure from indy happened a two years later (assuming he was not two years older), i could see the chiefs drawing him in.

i have spent most of my adult life rooting against peyton and for eli. not gonna change now.

sorta like imagining:

what IF jim kelly was taken by the chiefs, into the 90's with smith and thomas.

Last edited by NickheadKCAU; 11-08-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    good points fer sure...
    was purely a hypothetical.

i get tired of the articles the media puts out, so i try and spice up the what ifs when i can.

i think the reason i made the point was the sole reason manning didnt even talk to them were because of pioli and crenel (or whoever else would coach)

id say this, if mannings departure from indy happened a two years later (assuming he was not two years older), i could see the chiefs drawing him in.

i have spent most of my adult life rooting against peyton and for eli. not gonna change now.

sorta like imagining:

what IF jim kelly was taken by the chiefs, into the 90's with smith and thomas.

Absoultely. If Peyton was available this offseason, he wouldn't have totally ignored KC after we got Reid and Dorsey. The question is would Reid want Manning? Reid wants mobile QBs and control of the offense. I don't know if he wants an immobile QB that wants full control of the offense. There would be a lot of head butting. I will say this ... If manning was available this offseason, I would bet that we would have been able to get Smith for less than 2 2nds.

HONESTLY, I have some problem with winning a Super Bowl with a big asterisk attach to it. When we win our Super Bowl I want it to be a Chiefs Championship, not something that somebody else's phenom QB won (whether or not he actually won the big game). The latter scenario would never shut the critics up that the Chiefs did not amount to anything if not for Manning.

When Manning was available I was a bit excited that we had the chance to get him. But the more I thought about it, the more the above thought gnawed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Absoultely. If Peyton was available this offseason, he wouldn't have totally ignored KC after we got Reid and Dorsey. The question is would Reid want Manning? Reid wants mobile QBs and control of the offense. I don't know if he wants an immobile QB ....
    I have high hopes for the future of our pocket passer Tyler Bray under Reid.

i cannot wait to see what bray does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12