Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Funny you say that. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius the other day, and they weren't real high on Jake Long. The big knock against him is that he ends up on the ground a lot. Balance issues. They didn't have him rated has the highest OL in the draft. It made me start thinking about the videos I've watched of Jake like the one on the homepage. Jake ends up on the ground in half of the highlights against Florida. Scared me a little.

The Big 10 gets great players. Especially lineman. The knock against the Big 10 is the style of football and the speed of the players. It's never been the size. Jake will be a good lineman for whomever gets him. The question is whether he is a good pick at #5 in a draft that has loads on OL talent. I'm starting to think the Chiefs could take QB Ryan or DT Sedrick Ellis and grab an OL in the 2nd & 3rd rds. I'm sure Herm would love to take a defensive player first.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt3x9VPkVfY"]YouTube - Carlos Mencia - The Dee Dee Dee Song[/ame]

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm usually the one gloating!!!!! LOL!!!!
    Are you bragging about being on the same page as Herm and Carl?? :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If Jake can give Brodie even 1 more second in the pocket he is worth every bit of the 5th pick!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If Jake can give Brodie even 1 more second in the pocket he is worth every bit of the 5th pick!

sure he is...he just will not be there. wish he would be, it's time to face the facts. I'd wager Miami takes him first overall

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    sure he is...he just will not be there. wish he would be, it's time to face the facts. I'd wager Miami takes him first overall
    Hmmm...I'm betting against that one. I put Parcells and company on the other Long. I am starting to think that St Louis is the team that will take Jake Long.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Hmmm...I'm betting against that one. I put Parcells and company on the other Long. I am starting to think that St Louis is the team that will take Jake Long.

I think it's gonna be St Louis that takes Jake too, although I'm not sold on Miami taking the other long.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think it's gonna be St Louis that takes Jake too, although I'm not sold on Miami taking the other long.
    Parcells loves to build around DEs. C. Long will go number one. I think the Rams will wait to draft an OT till the 2nd. They don't NEED to replace Pace RIGHT NOW. Atlanta will go Matt Ryan and the Raiders will go Dorsey/Ellis or DMac. I'd be willing to bet Jake falls to us.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Parcells loves to build around DEs. C. Long will go number one. I think the Rams will wait to draft an OT till the 2nd. They don't NEED to replace Pace RIGHT NOW. Atlanta will go Matt Ryan and the Raiders will go Dorsey/Ellis or DMac. I'd be willing to bet Jake falls to us.
    Hmmm...

I'm still thinking Ryan will be available when we draft and Herm will take him.

Carl will succumb to pressure and take the glamor position.

There are too many QBs in this draft to take one at #5. The talent differential isn't THAT big between Ryan and a second round pick to warrant that kind of pick. I honestly think you'll see Ryan fall to Baltimore. His talent level doesn't warrant a top 5 pick. Perhaps top 10, but not top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There are too many QBs in this draft to take one at #5. The talent differential isn't THAT big between Ryan and a second round pick to warrant that kind of pick. I honestly think you'll see Ryan fall to Baltimore. His talent level doesn't warrant a top 5 pick. Perhaps top 10, but not top 5.
    I don't think we should draft the guy, I think Carl will do it though.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast