Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amani Toomer working out for the Chiefs

Default Amani Toomer working out for the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Toomer is a tough sure handed reciever used to playing outside in the grass. He'd be perfect, even if not as a #2, at least as the 3WR.

Terrell I'm less enthused with. Oft-injured and makes Bowe look sure-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Toomer is a tough sure handed reciever used to playing outside in the grass. He'd be perfect, even if not as a #2, at least as the 3WR.

Terrell I'm less enthused with. Oft-injured and makes Bowe look sure-handed.
    Terrell's been cut by every team he's played for I think... Don't quote me on that but did he even play last season? I don't even remember him being drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Terrell's been cut by every team he's played for I think... Don't quote me on that but did he even play last season? I don't even remember him being drafted.
    Every FA out there has been cut by someone. I'm not the biggest Terrell fan. He spent most of the past three (?) seasons on I/R with the Seahawks. I think he was drafted by the Bears in 1999 or 2000.

if we are just not gonna go after Harrison, Toomer would do well as a hands/mentor type.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    if we are just not gonna go after Harrison, Toomer would do well as a hands/mentor type.
    Toomer fits our needs much, much better than Harrison. Harrison doesn't do well outdoors or in pressure situations, and frankly I don't trust him to be a good WR without Manning throwing him.

Every FA out there has been cut by someone. I'm not the biggest Terrell fan. He spent most of the past three (?) seasons on I/R with the Seahawks. I think he was drafted by the Bears in 1999 or 2000.
    I get that I just meant that he'd never really turned into the staple WR for any team for any length of time.

They said 8th overall in 2001. Probably why I don't remember him being drafted since Vick/LT/Richard Seymour and a plethora of other Pro Bowl players were drafted in the same class.

Harrison doesn't do well outdoors or in pressure situations
    Harrison doesn't do good in pressure situations....

Sounds good to me. I like seeing the attempts to bring in more talent and be even more prepared to take the AFC West!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The guys got solid hands and played at the Meadowlands for ~13 years through good and bad. If anything the Chiefs need recivers that can catch at least if what Haley is saying is true and too many balls are hitting the ground.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast