Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Default Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
    Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yes it is easy, but then again we are not the ones getting paid 5 million a year to evaluate talent and build a successful team, Scott Pioli is, and Scott Pioli has failed.

You better not let Cassel's Reckoning see these posts Ryfo. ; )
    His job is to make his owner money while evaluating talent. He has signed a crap ton of team friendly contracts where most GMs would have paid top dollar that can not be ignored. His ability to pick a HC is pretty poor though....and QB. Lets see do I fire a guy who made me millions over a disaster of a season and take the chance on bringing in a guy that could screw me. Dude it's a conundrum. Just like having the first pick in this years draft. We are bloody cursed.

I'm not as down with Pioli for the talent he has brought then the coaching he has brought.

Bad coaching hurts players. And that's even more when those players are young.

Tyson Jackson is a example of this. I saw him start playing MUCH better shortly after Romeo fired himself as DC. He got a sack in 3 stright games. Where did that come from? Maybe Gibbs found something that Romeo didn't to bring that out of him

So much talk about the QBs this year. I say that's anther case of the coaching. Even Matt Cassel has played better then what he did this season. I no some want to try to make excuses for that but IT HAPPENED. He was hurt by this horrid coaching staff as well. Do I want him back as the QB no but Romeo is more to blame for 2-13 then anyone else. ANd Pioli is the one that gave Romeo the job. That's why I'm down on Pioli. He has brought far more talent then there was 4 years ago he just hasn't done the other half of his job and got the coach for that talent. Haley was an ok coach not good. Romeo is a bad head coach the game has past him by. That's why Pioli should be worried for his job. Half the job isn't going to get it done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No he hasn't, he was rated one of the worst 3/4 DE in the league this year.

It was a bad pick. Period.

Now let's all watch Josh Freeman highligh clips and wonder what could have been.
    Freeman has hardly done anything for me to sit here and think what could have been.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Keep in mind the best QB left on the board in that draft was Mark Sanchez.

Tyson Jackson has been a productive starter for 4 years now, in a draft in which many of the top 15 picks are not even in the league anymore. That 2009 draft was awful, so plucking out a consistent starter shoudl be seen as a win in my opinion.
    Consistently bad until recently he all the sudden says crap ill be jobless next year and hes triple the production hes had in the past four years in four games!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    His job is to make his owner money while evaluating talent.He has signed a crap ton of team friendly contracts where most GMs would have paid top dollar that can not be ignored. His ability to pick a HC is pretty poor though....and QB. Lets see do I fire a guy who made me millions over a disaster of a season and take the chance on bringing in a guy that could screw me. Dude it's a conundrum. Just like having the first pick in this years draft. We are bloody cursed.

His job is to build a winning team, it is a revenue sharing league, Clark could wake up on draft days and pick whoever he wanted to pick and would still make 100 million dollars a year no matter how bad the team is.

His draft picks especially on the offensive side of the ball have been disastrous, and I am not talking just about the qb position. I am talking all phazes of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Freeman has hardly done anything for me to sit here and think what could have been.

We cant be complacent with picks like Tyson Jackson. With Josh Freeman, we could atleast eliminate the qb problem.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-27-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm not as down with Pioli for the talent he has brought then the coaching he has brought.

Bad coaching hurts players. And that's even more when those players are young.

Tyson Jackson is a example of this. I saw him start playing MUCH better shortly after Romeo fired himself as DC. He got a sack in 3 stright games. Where did that come from? Maybe Gibbs found something that Romeo didn't to bring that out of him

So much talk about the QBs this year. I say that's anther case of the coaching. Even Matt Cassel has played better then what he did this season. I no some want to try to make excuses for that but IT HAPPENED. He was hurt by this horrid coaching staff as well. Do I want him back as the QB no but Romeo is more to blame for 2-13 then anyone else. ANd Pioli is the one that gave Romeo the job. That's why I'm down on Pioli. He has brought far more talent then there was 4 years ago he just hasn't done the other half of his job and got the coach for that talent. Haley was an ok coach not good. Romeo is a bad head coach the game has past him by. That's why Pioli should be worried for his job. Half the job isn't going to get it done.

Pioli's offensive picks in the draft and offseason have been absolutely awful. RB, WR, QB.

Why in god's name would I want him to handle another coaching staff and top 5 pick? A pick where we should go on the offensive side of the ball.

I do not want Pioli making that pick. The only positive thing I can say about Scott Pioli is that he has done a solid job rounding out the roster on the defensive side of the ball, so for that I give him a D-

Cassel cost Pioli his job IMO. He brought in Brady Quinn to compete for the starting job. Brady Quinn! The season before that we had Brodie Croyle as the back up. Also no real competition. I knew Cassel wasn't the QBOTF even when we won the AFC west. It drove me crazy watching him play. Luckily the teams we played were worse then us. I can give Pioli a pass this year for picking a horrible Coach in Romeo Crennel, however I cannot overlook his stubborness and the QB's he's passed on year after year so he can keep Matt Cassel as the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Really, All of you guys actually think Eric Berry is deserving of being named a starter.....I know he has been playing better lately but the guy has looked nothing the part of starting Pro-bowler specially after I have seen him schooled so many times for a TD this year.
    +1. He has been playing well as of late, but the pro bowl? Hopefully next year will be the year he really breaks out as a star.

How do we forget tyke Palio???? How on gods green earth did that QB make an NFL 53 man roster? We have made bone head descisions at the qb spot for sure. Look at our qbs since Trent green, hell the qbs before Trent green and tell me we aren't cursed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast