Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

Default BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Having watched Cincy a couple times this year, I think Waters & Company can get LJ loose a few times. I think his stats will look better than his game this week. In other words, he'll have 3-4 big runs as Cincy's tackling is worse than your guys' last week. However if you take out those big runs expect more of the 2 YPC type of day.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Having watched Cincy a couple times this year, I think Waters & Company can get LJ loose a few times. I think his stats will look better than his game this week. In other words, he'll have 3-4 big runs as Cincy's tackling is worse than your guys' last week. However if you take out those big runs expect more of the 2 YPC type of day.
    Agreed!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i`m worried most about the bungles wideouts compared to our old cb`s. we must get a pass rush.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i`m worried most about the bungles wideouts compared to our old cb`s. we must get a pass rush.
    Law and Surtain stand no chance against Housh and Ocho-Cinco unless they get safety help and a quick pass rush. Then the concern becomes the slot receiver.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Law and Surtain stand no chance against Housh and Ocho-Cinco unless they get safety help and a quick pass rush. Then the concern becomes the slot receiver.
    Surtain still plays well, IMO. He's a good open-field tackler. Ty Law... not so much. He just hopes he can slow the runner down enough to get help.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!
    Totally agree...

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Well, if their crappy D line is better than our crappy O line, it would be more of the same wouldn't it? A run D has more than the guys up front to do with it and our guys up front are the problem. So, when their LB's and safety's help their front line, it spells bad news for our O line which in turn may lead to a continuing feeble running game!
    Again, all I was saying, back then, was that LJ would be unable to look good, since Herm chose to ignore the O-line. You argued to the ends of the world, with mighty sarcam, that we needed a WR more than linemen.

We now have a very good reciever, and LJ and why aren't they accomplishing anything? That's right... The offensive line. Exactly what I was saying all offseason long.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I worry more about the young safeties against Housh and C.J.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Again, all I was saying, back then, was that LJ would be unable to look good, since Herm chose to ignore the O-line. You argued to the ends of the world, with mighty sarcam, that we needed a WR more than linemen.

We now have a very good reciever, and LJ and why aren't they accomplishing anything? That's right... The offensive line. Exactly what I was saying all offseason long.

I worry more about the young safeties against Housh and C.J.
    I think you may have misunderstood back then. I was just more concerned with the WR position. Never did I say that we were ok at the line. I was also counting on Huard playing the way he did last season which hasn't happened and I don't blame all of his problems on the line either. He has overthrown guys a bunch this year with plenty of time in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood back then. I was just more concerned with the WR position. Never did I say that we were ok at the line. I was also counting on Huard playing the way he did last season which hasn't happened and I don't blame all of his problems on the line either. He has overthrown guys a bunch this year with plenty of time in the pocket.
    Now if Law could backpedal that quickly he'd be set...

our secondary is going to have troubles this weekend.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast