Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Default The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Yeah......It is an absolute fact.....We got our ashes handed to us today.

But I am really not much surprised.

Last weekend we went from 2-14 to clinching a playoff berth. And this weekend we went out and played as if nothing really much mattered. And I am really not all that surprised. It was just that big "We did it" letdown.

I've seen it in sports. I've seen it in business. You reach that big goal and then you kick back and don't do sh!t.

Yeah.....these guys are pros getting paid a lot of money. And Andy Reid is a seasoned coach and he is supposed to know how to keep that from happening. But it still happens....over and over and over.

Let's put this loss in perspective......

We're in the playoffs and realistically nothing we do from now till that first playoff game means jack-diddly.

Yeah I wanted us to win this week and next so we would go into the playoffs with momentum, but look how we came back from the donkey, dolt, donkey losing streak.

Most of you know more about football than I do so you known damned well that for our Chiefs all that matters from here is the playoffs.

And believe it or not our players know it too. Reid might just have a clue as well.

Yeah....I'm pissed we got whupped the way we did. But it was not because they were that much better than us. It was because we just didn't show up to play today. Instead we played like a team that had nothing to play for. And after going from 2-14 to the playoffs last weekend, I'm just not all that surprised this happened. Disappointed? HELL YES! I EXPECT BETTER! But I am really not shocked.

Now it is time for Andy Reid to rub their noses in what they did today and make them understand that just making it to the playoffs ISN'T ENOUGH!

And I feel pretty good that he is going to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am not too concerned about it. We will probably see that same team in two weeks, with the return of our full pass-rush.

I expect to beat them.
    I hope you're right my friend! I wish I could be as confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Beat the chArgers all is forgiven..lose and we have issues. We can't let them in playoffs
    There you go again, why do you begrudge the Bolts making it into the playoffs? If the Chargers are still in the hunt for a playoff spot I would advise that you stay out of their way and not get any of your key players injured before the playoffs. Most likely it will be a moot point any way.
    Last edited by BoltWalt; 12-24-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Crush The raiders!

Get out of here!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    There you go again, why do you begrudge the Bolts making it into the playoffs? If the Chargers are still in the hunt for a playoff spot I would advise that you stay out of their way and not get any of your key players injured before the playoffs. Most likely it will be a moot point any way.
    Yeah Hali got hurt by the bolts playing you our first matchup but Houston wasn't your guys doing he was hit by one of our own both going for the tackle. With both of them healthy, I would think the bolts would need to pray the chiefs don't play them both this upcoming game cause Rivers would be in their crosshairs. Remember they both were out before the 2nd quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Yeah Hali got hurt by the bolts playing you our first matchup but Houston wasn't your guys doing he was hit by one of our own both going for the tackle. With both of them healthy, I would think the bolts would need to pray the chiefs don't play them both this upcoming game cause Rivers would be in their crosshairs. Remember they both were out before the 2nd quarter
    Yeah and houston and hali didn't do much when they were in.

Did people forget that KC had 3 games where they did nothing to the QBs when both were in?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Yeah and houston and hali didn't do much when they were in.

Did people forget that KC had 3 games where they did nothing to the QBs when both were in?
    True, but in the game where they got hurt, they were putting pressure on Phyllis, and making him throw quick. Their offense opened up big time once we lost those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I hope you're right my friend! I wish I could be as confident.
    It's pretty easy when you have a perspective of seeing a 2-14 team in the playoffs. Nothing much to lose.... Just a really big opportunity to win.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It's pretty easy when you have a perspective of seeing a 2-14 team in the playoffs. Nothing much to lose.... Just a really big opportunity to win.

Good point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123