Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scott Pioli...a genius!

Default Scott Pioli...a genius!

Now conspirancy theorists think about it. The chiefs were the first to offer a contract to manning knowing full well we were gonna go after quinn and how much elway dislikes tebow. Does anyone know what was offered, that contract may be why manning wants more money now and in doing so tied the hands of our hated rival while we became better and they, the donkeys, were forced to wait for manning who in turn may go to san francisco.....oh and signed a stud cb from oakland.....and may still get tolbert. Yeah pioli sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanTilDeath83 View Post
    we should sign Tebow it would give some competition at quarterback for the first time in a long time. Wouldn't it be odd if manning re injured his neck in preseason play.
    I actually thought to myself about wanting Tebow, I think his style of play would annoy me too much though (Dont get me wrong I really like Tim as a person, but his play annoys me as I said). Don't know he well it would go down with most fans though lol.

If Peyton were to be injured soon It would be great for us (and it'd be great laughing at those Donkeys), I'd still feel bad because I DO like him (Not as much respect for him any more).

Oh and Welcome to the ChiefsCrowd!!!!

All of the disaccord towards Manning for not signing with the Chiefs....While I wish he would have signed with the Chiefs instead of the Broncos, I don;t see why all of the sudden folks bash him as a PERSON.

Afterall, we did have a GREAT TE that WANTED OUT because he did not want to be on a LOSER team and WANTED to WIN yet he still gets love...Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    All of the disaccord towards Manning for not signing with the Chiefs....While I wish he would have signed with the Chiefs instead of the Broncos, I don;t see why all of the sudden folks bash him as a PERSON.

Afterall, we did have a GREAT TE that WANTED OUT because he did not want to be on a LOSER team and WANTED to WIN yet he still gets love...Sheesh!

nothing worse than a scorned lover!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

The deal with Manning can be worked without total detriment to their cap by using signing bonuses, incentives and other language to ladle out the cash over time.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    nothing worse than a scorned lover!!!
    Haha! Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I would have no problem getting rid of tebow and taking my risk on manning to be my franchise qb. (They really don't have to get rid of tebow) They are also expected to sign jeff saturday, stokley, Tamme and Dallas Clark. (They are visiting)

Plus the last thing we need to worry about is being over the cap
    So are they renaming the team the Denver Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I would have no problem getting rid of tebow and taking my risk on manning to be my franchise qb. (They really don't have to get rid of tebow) They are also expected to sign jeff saturday, stokley, Tamme and Dallas Clark. (They are visiting)

Plus the last thing we need to worry about is being over the cap
    Do you recall what getting old got us. It got us rebuilding and 2-14. Denver's bringing in OLD talent and there best FA pickup is not only old but there is a BIG question on if he can hold up. It's very risky but it does have a huge upside as well. But after a couple of years there going to have to start rebuilding looking for a new qb. And they let go a young qb that got them to the playoffs and won a playoff game with them. I like our offseason better.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    So are they renaming the team the Denver Colts?
    Just liek we are now the New Cleveland Chiefs!

The deal with Manning can be worked without total detriment to their cap by using signing bonuses, incentives and other language to ladle out the cash over time.
    It can, however, usually when you have many many teams bidding on you your market goes up and the incentives and bonuses clauses turn into Guarantees or they run the risk of losing that player.

Fact of the matter. The beloved John Elway, loved by all in Donkey land made enemies and lost a lot of his popularity by not siding with Tebow the entire year. Tebow put Elway in a bad spot by winning the fans over. How could he replace Tebow with a true franchise pocket passing QB that he desired for the franchise without upsetting the fans even more? The only way to get of the TEbow Train and hurting his franchise for years without having all the fans hating him was by signing big name player that will trump the Tebow Love. Enter Peyton Manning! The answer to Elways fan problems.

I believe all the dislike for peyton started when he refused to even come in for a visit.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast