Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, wonderful...

Default Oh, wonderful...

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/359

Replacing Peterson

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said during an interview this week at the NFL fall meetings in Florida that Carl Peterson would be involved in selecting his eventual successor.

Peterson has the rest of this season plus one more remaining on what originally was a five-year contract. Peterson and Hunt have said it would be Peterson's final contract with the Chiefs.

"He and I had the discussion when he signed the contract that at the end we would need a succession plan," Hunt said. "It’s not a subject we’ve revisited but logically we would revisit after the season. Carl heads both the business side and the football side of the organization, which is a little bit unusual for the league. We need to think through carefully where we’re going with regard to both aspects of the operation and who the right people are for those roles."

Asked whether that meant he had made the decision to eventually split Peterson's duties into two and hire different people to run them, Hunt said, "No. Two people is much more typical but that’s not to say if we found the right person who had both skill sets, I wouldn't be open to that.

"It’s worked for us for 20 years so I don’t want to preclude that but it’s more likely that we’ll end up with two people filling the roles."

-----------------------------------------------------

"It's worked for us for 20 years..." - This quote tells me a lot about Clark...

Peterson should not be involved at all in the process of choosing his successor(s).
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

You got that right. Peterson should have been fired after last season. Should have been fired after 98 season. Clark really doesn't care about the fans or winning games. He cares about profit, nothing more. This is truely a scary thought for Chiefs fans everywhere...
    SHUT IT

I hope that is a lie just to prevent contraversy prior to the season being over. I hope deep down, Clark is ready to SHIP Can Carl and remove his nutsack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I hope that is a lie just to prevent contraversy prior to the season being over. I hope deep down, Clark is ready to SHIP Can Carl and remove his nutsack.
    I just hope Clark has the nutsack to remove the Kings' nutsack...
    SHUT IT

Looks like it's back to the 70s and 80s for the Chiefs!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

And your new GM is.............. Herm Edwards...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    And your new GM is.............. Herm Edwards...lol
    You are clearly Satan.

this would be bad it has been coverd before but how the hell can you keep your job for so long and not produce at a high level mediocracy is what carl is content with

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    this would be bad it has been coverd before but how the hell can you keep your job for so long and not produce at a high level mediocracy is what carl is content with

Well, honestly, he has put together some very good teams.

Alot of people credit Marty for not getting it done for awhile. And others blame DV for not getting it done, in his five seasons.

But I certainly feel like CP has assembled some teams that could have won a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, honestly, he has put together some very good teams.

Alot of people credit Marty for not getting it done for awhile. And others blame DV for not getting it done, in his five seasons.

But I certainly feel like CP has assembled some teams that could have won a Super Bowl.
    i disagree on this one kind of hard to win a superbowl when you have not won a playoff game since 94 wich tells me he has put together some mediocre teams and staff that could get to the playoffs but not win just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast