Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: QBs and Super Bowl Contenders

Default QBs and Super Bowl Contenders

Coming into the season, there was little doubt as to who the Super Bowl contenders were. The stalwarts like:

Patriots-Brady
    Steelers-Roethlesberger
    Ravens-Flacco
    Falcons-Ryan
    Texans-Shaub
    Packers-Rogers
    Giants-Manning

As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.

The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we're blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won't be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.

If you don't believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They're AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    People's Exhibit A:

They've just now figured it out that Tyson Jackson should be on the field playing DT in obvious passing situations along with Poe. That was something that should have been given a try many moons ago given that Jackson was a #3 overall pick.

They just never gave him the chance to play on the D-Line on obvious passing situations & now they are finding out that there is some value keeping him on the field every down & he's sacking the QB.

My point is, we didn't see TJ's value as an every-down D-Lineman because they didn't give him that chance to demonstrate it.

That's a good example there are a lot of things to point to about Horrible QB play this year I'm not going to deny that or make excuses for that. But there have been just as many if not more coaching blunders to deny or make excuses for. When the play across the board has been as bad as we have seen you have to point to the head coach. There's no excuse for that either. Nobody should make excuses for it as well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

People's Exhibit A:

They've just now figured it out that Tyson Jackson should be on the field playing DT in obvious passing situations along with Poe. That was something that should have been given a try many moons ago given that Jackson was a #3 overall pick.

They just never gave him the chance to play on the D-Line on obvious passing situations & now they are finding out that there is some value keeping him on the field every down & he's sacking the QB.

My point is, we didn't see TJ's value as an every-down D-Lineman because they didn't give him that chance to demonstrate it.

He is a bust, the 2 sacks he had were coverage sacks, although I will admit he has looked better. If Pioli is gone, which I doubt now after this Belcher deal he will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

Matt, Cassel was a bust. You need to just admit he is not a capable qb, and then we can all move on.

I HAVE TIME AND TIME AGAIN. Note in BIG LETTERS I SAID I WANT HIM GONE.

I just don't pretend he's the reason we have been horrible when there has been so much bad play across the board this year like so many want to. I would love to say we are a qb away I would love to say the QB spot is the reason we are losing I CAN'T with all the other bad play we have seen. It's just not fair to say.

You and others go through EXTREMES to hate on the QBS. Not even 3 hours after we had a qb throw for 200 yards and 2 tds while not turning it over and we saw a WIN this thread talking about our horrible qbs pops up. Did we really need anther bashing the QB thread? You have time and time again praised Orton. He beat a Packers team that had a horrible d. They averaged giving up 22 points a game we put up 19 below average against a horrible d Yet you praise him but yet any win we have you dismiss for a horrible team or "cream puff" You can't have it both ways. You and others give the guys you like all the credit none of the blame while giving our qbs no credit and all the blame. I give blame across the board and "have a lovefest" for the qbs. How many times do we have to talk about the bad qb play? It has been there but to ignore all the other horrible play we have seen to hate on the qb is just hating end of story its all some of you ever do on here anymore. IT'S OLD. Feel free to keep hating I will keep telling you that's all your doing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He is a bust, the 2 sacks he had were coverage sacks, although I will admit he has looked better. If Pioli is gone, which I doubt now after this Belcher deal he will be cut.
    Bust, no. Over-drafted, yes.

I would hardly call the raiders a playoff caliber team.

Bust, no. Over-drafted, yes.

A third pick in the entire draft, and he is rated one of the worst at his position.

He is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I would hardly call the raiders a playoff caliber team.

They were one win away from winning the division last year

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I HAVE TIME AND TIME AGAIN. Note in BIG LETTERS I SAID I WANT HIM GONE.

I just don't pretend he's the reason we have been horrible when there has been so much bad play across the board this year like so many want to. I would love to say we are a qb away I would love to say the QB spot is the reason we are losing I CAN'T with all the other bad play we have seen. It's just not fair to say.

You and others go through EXTREMES to hate on the QBS. Not even 3 hours after we had a qb throw for 200 yards and 2 tds while not turning it over and we saw a WIN this thread talking about our horrible qbs pops up. Did we really need anther bashing the QB thread? You have time and time again praised Orton. He beat a Packers team that had a horrible d. They averaged giving up 22 points a game we put up 19 below average against a horrible d Yet you praise him but yet any win we have you dismiss for a horrible team or "cream puff" You can't have it both ways. You and others give the guys you like all the credit none of the blame while giving our qbs no credit and all the blame. I give blame across the board and "have a lovefest" for the qbs. How many times do we have to talk about the bad qb play? It has been there but to ignore all the other horrible play we have seen to hate on the qb is just hating end of story its all some of you ever do on here anymore. IT'S OLD. Feel free to keep hating I will keep telling you that's all your doing.

Fine, Cassel is the reason for the lack of offensive production.

Because he sucks.

On to another subject, not saying you have done this, but this is just in general. Please do not push for Quinn to start next year after 1 good game against a 3-8 team. We need to learn our lesson from 2010.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-04-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Fine, Cassel is the reason for the lack of offensive production.

Because he sucks.

On to another subject, not saying you have done this, but this is just in general. Please do not push for Quinn to start next year after 1 good game against a 3-8 team. We need to learn our lesson from 2010.

Cassel is a big part of the reason that the offense has sucked but he's not THE reason there are many reasons why it has sucked but I will agree Cassel is a HUGE part of the reason why the offense has stunk so badly. But can you deny there has been poor play around him at times as well. That's all I'm saying. Why is it so hard to point to the rest of the problem?

I'm not going to push for Quinn to start next year. I have said and will keep saying that IF he plays the rest of the year the way he did Sunday then he should get to fight for the job. With a rookie or free agent whatever the case would be. If he does what he did Sunday the rest of the year wouldn't it be fair to give him a CHANCE at the job. That's a big if but Quinn hasn't even had 1 season of starts If he does do what he did Sunday going forward I don't think we can ignore that. I have my doubts that it'll happen but I think it's something we would have to look at.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Cassel is a big part of the reason that the offense has sucked but he's not THE reason there are many reasons why it has sucked but I will agree Cassel is a HUGE part of the reason why the offense has stunk so badly. But can you deny there has been poor play around him at times as well. That's all I'm saying. Why is it so hard to point to the rest of the problem?

I'm not going to push for Quinn to start next year. I have said and will keep saying that IF he plays the rest of the year the way he did Sunday then he should get to fight for the job. With a rookie or free agent whatever the case would be. If he does what he did Sunday the rest of the year wouldn't it be fair to give him a CHANCE at the job. That's a big if but Quinn hasn't even had 1 season of starts If he does do what he did Sunday going forward I don't think we can ignore that. I have my doubts that it'll happen but I think it's something we would have to look at.

I am worried that we are going to win enough games to fall into the 4-5 spot and go for Teo, which will happen if fat scott is still here.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast