Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Default Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Big day for us ANTHER pick up.I like the upside of what he can do.

Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I understand that which is why a lot of the time when i compare the 2 drafts i like to compare Herm's players that succeeded early to pioli's. Take Jamaal Charles, Flowers and Bowe for example. Bowe was 4 or 5 yards away from being a thousand yard receiver in his rookie year. Jamaal Charles almost beat jim brown's record his third season. Flowers had a HUGE year in 2009, only his second year in the league. I mean with Pioli you have seen that kind of production from 1 player and that is Berry. Plus Pioli has had 2 top 5 drafts where as herm did not.

We all know Tyson Jackson wont ever have good numbers because of his position. He was a top 3 pick. We didn't see much of baldwin this year because of him getting in trouble. Mccluster is our third string RB and occasional punt/kick returner. Besides Berry no one has really come in and made a TRUE impact early in their career. And he was out all this year due to an injury. Houston MIGHT but just because he had a few good games in his rookie year doesn't mean he will be good in the future. All I can do is compare what pioli's players have done not what they can or might do. And his picks have not been too impressive.

I just dont see the point when you bring up mccluster in the argument, he is a third string RB behind charles and hillis. He is the odd man out. Unless someone is injured there really isnt a big need for him. A speed back? We already have one. Which is why in my opinion i think we drafted him tobe a slot WR and it just didnt work out. Another mark on pioli. But you have read my posts and I give credit where credit is due. I like what Pioli did in our off season with hte exception of signing quinn and letting orton go.

The thing is you're being unfair to Pioli's picks in some aspects. You're pointing out look at what Herm's picks are at now. Again It took time. Yes Bowe came in and was good that does happen but not all the picks you point to now being key members of the team worked out that way. You point them out ONLY AFTER they had time to work out through there system. You count Mccluster as a failed pick after 2 years. In one year he got almost 850 yards as a combo WR and Rusher. We will see the same combo out of him this year. Maybe just not as many carries. The point is Mccluster was a big part of the offense last year. Why Ignore that? Sure guys going down helped him get those numbers but if he wasn't there do you really want to see what this team would have looked like? Mccluster was forced into a different role then what was designed for him last season and still did very very well.

Baldwin had his troubles there's no doubt about that there's no argument against it. But he also had his good moments common when it comes to rookies. But there is a huge upside to him. You talk about Bowes first couple of years well his 3rd season was a down year. If Mccluster can get 800 yards per season we keep Bowe and Baldwin becomes a solid number 2 guy every year would you complain then? I wouldn't judge any WR who can do this after his rookie year to not have hope for.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No but his rating and record against .500 teams this past year trumps cassel's.

Cassel 65 qb rating 2-3

Orton 81 2-1. (2 blocked FG away from going 3-0 and winning the division)

This is a guy who didnt even practice with the team Chief
    And it's a guy who got to play with the team after they had gotten used to not having Moeaki and Charles.

But that 13 PPG is the stuff that Superstars are made of, isn't it?

You are definitely a great QB if your defense is winning while you manage a massive 13 PPG.

You can have as good of a QB Rating as you want. But if my guy gets more points with a lesser rating, then my guy is doing better.

(Not that either did anything amazing, mind you)

Chief I dont mind signing Quinn but what I do mind is him being our back up qb. I think you either sign quinn and cut stanzi or not sign quinn at all.

Those are horrible stats btw
    It's from twelve games with The Cleveland Browns, nine of them as a rookie.

I never said mccluster was a bad player, but he was a bad pick for us. Unless Charles gets hurt he wont play much

You know who also made a similar catch? Tyrone Prothro and he never played in the nfl
    Really how do you know how much he will play. We have a new Head Coach And a new OC. So your in contact with them and know what the game plan is?

He might of made a similar catch but did he do it against an NFL CB? Don't you think that makes it a bit tougher to do?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

MMO= He needs to go to a Dallas board.

I understand sometimes Herm had spots where he didnt draft well. But my whole argument is this, the players that herm drafted as of now have shined far more than pioli's players. Hali>Jackson Charles>Mccluster Bowe>Baldwin etc.. Pioli hasn't drafted that well. He waited 4 seasons to finally upgrade at tackle.

A huge reach on Jackson, trades second round pick for matt cassel, you know how i feel about him, 3rd round pick Magee is cut. I still do not understand the Mccluster pick, why would you draft him second? I believe it was to bring him in and use him as a slot WR which did not work out. Now he was stuck behind charles and jones, when charles got hurt he got to play. Then you have baldwin who is an absolute basket case and up until this offseason we have not done a good job in the FA market.

I dont want to argue about pioli's management because we have done so about 10 million times. I just think if pioli inherited the draft that Herm did he would be in big trouble. He is lucky herm drafted so well

A huge reach on Jackson Let me ask you do you think stopping the run is important? If you do then Jackson is living up to his pick as he is NUMBER 1 IN THE NFL in stopping the run %
    2011 Run Stop Percentage: 3-4 Defensive Ends | ProFootballFocus.com

Don't think you can get much better then being Number 1 in the NFL at something.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Because we have the best speed rb in the game. (Well maybe CJ is better) How much is the third string RB going to play? Probably similar to 2010.

It was one catch. Relax
    Not much but That's most likely will not be his role. He will be a Combo rusher and wr he will get a number of snaps in each and will get the ball some in both. He proved last year he can do it.

And it's one catch but it's a good sign when you see that type of catch. It just shows you a glimpse of what he can do. Something that I like to see
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If he and dorsey are the number 1 DE why do we still rank 15th in YPC rushing wise
    Because 2 players don't make up a teams defense 11 do. They were the strongest 2 in the run defense

.and what is considered a "Stop?"
    To be honest I can't tell you exactly makes a stop. I think and this is just what I think it is not the offical term a stop is the person who stops the runner not always the one to make the tackle but the one that stops the progress either makeing the tackle or assisting in others makeing the tackle. If it was not a Important part of the game they wouldn't keep stats for it. To steal a phrase I call being number 1 in the NFL at that a IMPACT on the game
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Matt these are bush league stats. If you want to prove something to me show me the yards per rush ran to jackson's side. They even have JJ Watt's stats all wrong
    It's things like this why people have a problem with some of your post. You want any number that doesn't fit your opinion on something thrown out. Cassels winning season in 2010 you want to throw that out for "weak oppents" . Jackson being number 1 in the entire NFL at something that is pretty important to the game stopping the run "Bush league" People might respond to you better if you just give a little credit where credit is due.I was one of the more vocal Haleys got to go posters on here last season it's one of the MANY times Chiefs31 and I have disagreed and went back and forth on but I always have and still do give Haley full credit for 2010. You can be critical of someone while still giving them props when they do something well.

I also would like to see Tysons pass rush get better. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a good part of the defense. It's just something that he needs to improve on IMO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No what im trying to understand is what is a "stop." To me that would be whatever the RB YPC is to his side when hes in the game. That is a stat i would like to see. Reason i said "Bush League" is because it has JJ Watt's tackles at 34 when really its 56 with 5.5 sacks.
    Those tackles are only counted against the run. There's not his passing game stats added in there. So that's where the missing tackles are

And runs to his side shouldn't always count against him. There could be times where he does his job and the other part of the team doesn't
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast