Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queen Carl takes Blame

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Queen Carl takes Blame

Edwards, Peterson take blame for Chiefs woes
    By KENT BABB
    The Kansas City Star

Herm Edwards invited blame Tuesday for what is becoming a dismal finish to his second season as Chiefs coach.

He said it was OK if some fans skipped Sunday’s home finale; he would understand. He said the Chiefs’ six-game losing streak and 4-9 record are not results of poor efforts from players or coaches — the two or three nights he spends in his office at Arrowhead Stadium are proof of that.

General manager and team president Carl Peterson heard it all. Then Peterson said the blame should fall on his shoulders.

“At the end of the day,” Peterson said, “the buck stops here. I think I understand our fans’ impatience and disappointment. I feel the same way. But everything that happens in this organization … it all ends up on my desk.

“The ultimate responsibility is mine.”

Peterson said he plans to evaluate all team personnel after the season, including himself. He said Tuesday that he would give himself “not a good grade” for this season. Peterson, in his 19th season with the organization, said he would examine his entire body of work but “absolutely” would resign if convinced that he or his decisions had become a detriment.

As for Edwards, Peterson said Tuesday, the coach’s job is safe.

“I think he’s the right guy,” Peterson said.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

does he think antone actually believe he`ll fire himself,yea right.

Repost!!! Cant Find The Delete Button To Remove Thread. And I`ll Remove Myself From This Board For The Day Or Two

It's always nice to hear from Carl though!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Donald Trump needs to visit Carl.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Do go away upset Carl, just go away.

i sure dont think anyone would EVER fire themselves, but there was a day when rush limbaugh messed up and accidently gave some faulty information and then he suspended himself for the next day's show. funny stuff. did i mention i love rush?

Seriously, we all know you love Rush "Oxycotin" Limbaugh. Personally even though I may agree with much of his politics, I find him to be an arrogant prick that has no sensitivity to his fellow human beings. I see through your rants most of the time in the assumption (hope) that in another 5-10 years you'll find that the old proverb:

"You catch more flies with honey..."

...actually has validity in life.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Seriously, we all know you love Rush "Oxycotin" Limbaugh. Personally even though I may agree with much of his politics, I find him to be an arrogant prick that has no sensitivity to his fellow human beings. I see through your rants most of the time in the assumption (hope) that in another 5-10 years you'll find that the old proverb:

"You catch more flies with honey..."

...actually has validity in life.
    if you listen to rush a few times then you know that he is very very arrogant and brags on himself.

if you listen to him every day, you realize he is being sarcastic in a lot of the stuff he says. he also understands that many human beings want a leader with confidence. A LOT (reason he has been #1 talk radio show for past....15 years?) of people like the confidence he shows as he speaks the truth.

there are a lot of ppl like you that are in agreeance that he is way too egotistical....and arrogant....but if he were "humble" as you want him to be....there goes ratings, no longer the top show. simple as that. obviously, i dont know him personally, nor do you, but i literally hear him every day and i understand how the show business works.

a perfect christian who is humble as pie is not going to get ratings.

rush has known that for a long time.

I'm not saying he's not a great showman...as for listening to him, I did for years...but as with most buffoons, even if you agree with him, his act can get old. Or at least it did in my opinion. I don't know him, and I guess in my opinion if you act a certain way 99.9% of the time it no longer becomes an act, it becomes your IMAGE.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast