Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sutton and....

Default Fire Sutton and....

OK, this probably won't happen. Sutton is not as bad as GRob (ooh I just got a nasty chill typing that name), but he does not know how to adjust. We could do a lot better for DC.

Furthermore the title of this thread is somewhat hypothetical because I don't think Andy will fire his friend Sutton. That said, who would you want as the Chiefs next DC is by some miracle Sutton was dumped?... And why?

- Wade Phillips?
    - Ray Horton?
    - Any of the recently fired HCs?

i just don't understand a defense w/ a pro bowl corner an safety could have every receiver wide open on every play coupled w/2 of the leagues best pass rushers and possibly the leagues best nose tackle and a pro bowl linbacker can blow a 28pt lead in the 2nd half. thats worse than getting beat by 56pts. this is the worst loss in the 50 years i have watched and rooted for this team. i don't think i can take any more. as of right now i am packing all my CHIEFS stuff up and putting it up the attic.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I want him gone, it's one thing giving up big plays and points but it's another when you keep running the same schemes with no adjustments, he has not made nearly enough adjustments all year and another thing that's been bugging me, why not have berry ball hawking ? That is where he is at his best, surely someone else could go up in the box when needed. Putting a Berry on Fleener was suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Putting Berry on Fleener was suicide.
    This. If Berry has and Achilles heel it's dealing with good TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    This. If Berry has and Achilles heel it's dealing with good TEs.
    I thnk Berry has only allowed one or two TDs all season when covering a TD. During one of the games they were talking about how well he has shut down other teams TEs when he is in man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I thnk Berry has only allowed one or two TDs all season when covering a TD. During one of the games they were talking about how well he has shut down other teams TEs when he is in man coverage.
    There are games he gets somewhat overwhelmed by TEs. Two most vivid ones in my mind are yesterday's game and at least one of the SD games last year against Antonio Gates.

Look, I didn't say he was bad at it. I said it's not among his best qualities.

Berry improved drastically from last year covering te. Lewis needs to be gone. Lewis should have never even turned and ran the other way. He should have just helped with hilton and forget about the other wr and take our chances with cooper covering him. Everyone should have known luck was going to hilton either way.

Couldn't bring myself to come on hear after Saturdays loss. What a kick in the balls that was. A great coach can win no matter what players he has. Going to that zone, prevent in the second half killed us. Isn't the whole idea of a prevent to give up little yards here and there but never the big play? WTF? Someone needs to coach these chiefs how to do that! We can't even hold a 28 point lead is saddening.

I said after the game I'll say it again I can't put this on Sutton. This is a habit of this defense they have done this to often before Sutton was in KC for me to put this on him.

2012 in 7 games they gave up more then 30 points. That's just about half the season. Yes you can point to turnovers for a good chunk of those points. But that's still a ton of points that didn't come off turnovers. The excuse was made that they were gased but the Chiefs averaged more time on the field with the ball then their opponents.

2011 5 more games allowing over 30 points including to a Miami team that was 0-7 coming into Arrowhead. Yes they lost Eric Berry
    but as we have seen Berry hasn't made a huge impact on that when he has been in there.

Folks this defense just isn't as good as we thought it was. To me it's that simple. Without a lot of changes in the player area getting anther DC won't change all that much.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    ... A great coach can win no matter what players he has. ...
    No, he can't.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    No, he can't.
    We saw evidence of that last Saturday. When you lose players like Charles, Avery, Flowers, Davis and don't have Hali or Houston 100%, it hurts you and it hurt the Chiefs last Saturday, most certainly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast