Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review

Default What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review

With the Chiefs coming on at mid season, can anyone keep them from the playoffs?
    What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review | Armchair Report is a trademark of Sport Media Report, LLC

Good analysis, but a little too cheerful for me. I am remaining cautiously optimistic, but am thinking we'll have an 8 win season and probably the Division title again. I think we are getting better and hopefully the final 6 games prove me wrong. I just think our Achilles heel will be the lack of a pass rush. We are going to play some prolific offenses and we'll get lit up like a Texas thunder storm. The big question I have is if Haley will open up the offense enough to let Cassel win for us, or if he'll keep letting him throw when we have to and then tie him to the porch when we have small leads the rest of the season.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about this season. I am just very worried about weeks 11-15. The Chiefs could play good football and still go 0-5/1-4 in that stretch playing the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets, & Packers (3 of which are away)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairReport View Post
    With the Chiefs coming on at mid season, can anyone keep them from the playoffs?
    What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review | Armchair Report is a trademark of Sport Media Report, LLC
    The game today could.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dietsch View Post
    I'm also cautiously optimistic about this season. I am just very worried about weeks 11-15. The Chiefs could play good football and still go 0-5/1-4 in that stretch playing the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets, & Packers (3 of which are away)

I guess I should have added the mighty dolphins to their tough upcoming schedule....what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairReport View Post
    Great "unbiased" analysis. Last week, including this past Thursday game trampled this article. Safest thing to say is that the AFC west is up for grabs and who knows who will win it. At this point it's unpredictable.... Except for ALL the homers in the AFC West.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Great "unbiased" analysis. Last week, including this past Thursday game trampled this article. Safest thing to say is that the AFC west is up for grabs and who knows who will win it. At this point it's unpredictable.... Except for ALL the homers in the AFC West.
    After watching Thursday's game and today's game I'd have to say (as much as it pains me) that if the Raiders can win a few games here and there it's their division to win.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    After watching Thursday's game and today's game I'd have to say (as much as it pains me) that if the Raiders can win a few games here and there it's their division to win.
    The team has been TOO inconsistent to even warrant any confidence. I give the O a pass as they were in transition with a new QB....but the D can be world beaters one game and door mats the next. The D holds my optimism back.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Division is still wide open. Chiefs have a brutal schedule ahead of them, but Oakland's isn't so rosy either...Some tough road games. San Diego always comes to play in December, and Denver is now in the picture too. It will be a fun, frustrating year for fans of every team in this division.

Don't be surprised if whoever wins the division sneaks a home win in the playoffs though.

Will really matter who wins the afc west? I mean none of them will make it past the first round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast