Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vince Wilfork

Default Vince Wilfork

With us losing Tank Tyler and Wilfork being a FA next year...Do you guys think Pioli would have the balls to steal him away from the Pats? We wouldn't have to touch our Dline for years with Dorsey, Jackson, and Wilfork.

That guy is a HUGE human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That guy is a HUGE human being.

Yup; a mountain of humanity there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

Yup; a mountain of humanity there.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Cody in a Chiefs uniform next year. He's listed at 365, just a growing boy.

good insights mr captainamerica think you're right

I hate Cody though. He has bad work ethic JaMarcus Russell style and doesn't have the stamina to play every down. He strikes me as the prototypical bust waiting to happen.

I LOVE Wilfork. He's listed as 325, which makes me laugh. He's 350 at the least. Only 27 too. There's nothing to not like about him.

Hopefully we can swing like a 2nd and a 4th for him or something like that. But with so many teams out there moving to the 3-4, I wouldn't be surprised if some team offers a 1st for him.

I agree with Cody's work habits, but in next years draft there aren't but three DT listed over 320. That is why I hate the 3-4, there isn't enough true NT's to go around. As we're finding out the 3-4 sucks without the beef in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I agree with Cody's work habits, but in next years draft there aren't but three DT listed over 320. That is why I hate the 3-4, there isn't enough true NT's to go around. As we're finding out the 3-4 sucks without the beef in the middle.
    I'm starting to hate the 3-4 too. It used to be attractive because it was so easy to get personnel for a 3-4 since it utilized guys that were tweeners in the 4-3, but now with everyone switching to it it's losing that appeal. I think that's why the Pats switched. A guy like Cody is going to go a lot higher than he normally should because of the demand for nose tackles these days.

I think best case scenario, we pass on Cody in the 1st and hope he's around with our early 2nd rounder for good value. I would hate hate hate to reach on a non every down player. I'd say there's a decent chance his stock drops in the combine.
    Last edited by yashi; 10-21-2009 at 10:30 AM.

By the way the Chiefs signed DT Kenny SMith to replace Tank. Formerly with Pats, Faders and Saints. Can't find anything else on him as far as weight. They are listing him at NT.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    By the way the Chiefs signed DT Kenny SMith to replace Tank. Formerly with Pats, Faders and Saints. Can't find anything else on him as far as weight. They are listing him at NT.
    6'4" 303. He was on the IR '04, '05, '08 and out of football '06, '07... yikes.

I know this regime wanted to get things started their way but!!! Why the hell didn't we stay with a 4-3 until the right personnel was in place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast