Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs signed Shaun Smith?

Default Chiefs signed Shaun Smith?

There are Facebook posts going on within the last hour or so saying the Chiefs signed Shaun Smith...legit or rumor?

Adam Gill
    I just heard a rumor that the chiefs have signed shaun smith to a contract. I did some minor research and found a twitter page with his name on it and a big arrow head as the pic.

Barry Peraino link?

about an hour ago

Joe Bates I had read a blog that they were very interested in Smith. Haven't seen where they signed him yet. He's a big DT that played for Romeo in Cleveland.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

i think this shows that we wont reach at #5 with a NT. Thank god. I dont even want a NT in the 2nd rd. unless there is one that is worth it. but i dont think there will be. hopefully Smith will be an upgrade and get us by till next year or two and hopefuly there is a NT in next year draft.

This could be one of the underrated Pioli signings A guy who want get you real excited but a guy who just goes out and helps the team. I hope he turns out to be a good help for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i think this shows that we wont reach at #5 with a NT. Thank god. I dont even want a NT in the 2nd rd. unless there is one that is worth it. but i dont think there will be. hopefully Smith will be an upgrade and get us by till next year or two and hopefuly there is a NT in next year draft.
    Ehh I disagree...I think at the least it adds depth, but Shaun Smith is no prized NT. This guy wasn't picked up by Cincinnati until week 15 last year...before that he wasn't even on a team. NT is a very critical position in the 3-4 scheme, the Chiefs need to take a shot on a rookie that can be above average at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ehh I disagree...I think at the least it adds depth, but Shaun Smith is no prized NT. This guy wasn't picked up by Cincinnati until week 15 last year...before that he wasn't even on a team. NT is a very critical position in the 3-4 scheme, the Chiefs need to take a shot on a rookie that can be above average at that position.
    But there are very few true 3-4 rookie nose tackles out there, and even fewer that are any good.

I don't think we need a supreme player at that position, we need a guy that can fill the holes. I am not sure Smith is that guy, but I don't agree with the idea that this is the most important need for this team right now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    But there are very few true 3-4 rookie nose tackles out there, and even fewer that are any good.

I don't think we need a supreme player at that position, we need a guy that can fill the holes. I am not sure Smith is that guy, but I don't agree with the idea that this is the most important need for this team right now.
    Right, but Smith is a medicore backup at best. The NT is a critical position in the 3-4, b/c if he's not occupying 2-3 blockers, LBs are getting blocked and not getting free. It is definitely worth investing in one of the top NTs in this years draft, b/c right now our options are very poor. Remember, this is a team that is trying to convert 4-3 DT's to NT.

Does anyone remember who gave up the 2nd most rushing yards last year to a clip of 4.7YPC?

DUDE I am stoked ! Shaun Smith is a beast ! He has some troubles but I think this power coaching staff can ahndle him I am seriously excited about the direction the Chiefs are going

2 Career sacks? Not really impressive for being in the leauge long. Must he be a really good run stopper?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

i know nothing about this guy,actually never heard of him doing anything in the nfl,guess we will see if he makes the cuts at training camp

I have never heard of this guy either. Just adding depth i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnation View Post
    i know nothing about this guy,actually never heard of him doing anything in the nfl,guess we will see if he makes the cuts at training camp
    He was undrafted.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast