Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: reaction to buffalo

Default reaction to buffalo

3 games in a row shows us some alarming trends with this kansas city football team.

The obvious:
    We are playing a solid defensive team who is starting their alternate alternate (alternate?) QB. Hes not a Case Keenum level prodigy, not someone most people have ever really heard of. Going into this game EVERYONE is expecting this kid to make some key mistakes against this Defense.

We have a history of losses at buffalo. Its a tough place to go in later in the season with the cold and come out with a victory. Chiefs have something of a 5 game losing streak there in the past decade (or something like that).

The Ugly:
    Offensively, this team has hit rock bottom. Each week seems like a regression, and this is not a QB problem at this point as smith has been pretty damn consistent in his play style whether hes facing big leads or dangerous deficits.

When you have 20 points in a football game by the mid 4th quarter and 6 of them have come off of offensive drives, you have a serious offensive impotency issue. Playcalling feels uninspiring and execution is inconsistent at best. Not one shot was made downfield or at the endzone this game and this is a tough problem to diagnose, largely because we do not know if the source of this is a reluctant quarterback, a lack of receiver speed or zero protection up front allowing for the deep ball. Considering ive seen smith with SOME decent time to throw today, this doesnt fall entirely on the offensive unit.

You cant win big ball games if you arent throwing or running footballs in the endzone.

Ive been fighting the 'chiefs suck' wave all season, but as the season goes on we're looking more like 2012 then we are the first 4 games of the year and im officially panicked.

Defenseively - How can you have a touted top ranked defense in the league and not have a single guy up front that can tackle either running back at the line? On the other hand, how does a defense consistently score as many or more points than the offense is beyond me.

As a whole this team is feeling eerily like a certain 2010 team that won a lot of games and also had a soft schedule and was completely exposed and regressed horribly as the season went on. They wound up getting completely destroyed by a league best level defense in the ravens at home.

We're 9-0 and i couldnt feel any less confident about who or what this team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ... I’m not trying, at all, to take anything away from our wins, but instead attempting to stay grounded. ...
    Meh. Staying grounded is over-rated. Enjoying our success to the fullest is a lot more fun!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Meh. Staying grounded is over-rated. Enjoying our success to the fullest is a lot more fun!
    True, but the higher you ride success the farther you have to fall should utter failure rear it's ugly head. However, I understand what your saying and admire your legitimate optimistic outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, but the higher you ride success the farther you have to fall should utter failure rear it's ugly head. However, I understand what your saying and admire your legitimate optimistic outlook.
    Yeah, I'm different from most people, I guess. My highest highs are not that high and my lowest lows are not that low. Whatever is the total opposite of a manic-depressive (emotionally stunted?), that's me. Anyone who's read many of my posts can see that I am very left-brain dominant; analytical, logical and not much emotion reaction.

But I'm not going to go out of my way to look for reasons to "lower my expectations" because I'm worried about how I might feel if and when disappointment comes. It's not that much of a crash for me and I get over things very quickly.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Right there with you Roy! I'm an optimist

I'm the cautiously optimistic guy.

Yeah, I'm different from most people, I guess. My highest highs are not that high and my lowest lows are not that low. Whatever is the total opposite of a manic-depressive (emotionally stunted?), that's me. Anyone who's read many of my posts can see that I am very left-brain dominant; analytical, logical and not much emotion reaction.

But I'm not going to go out of my way to look for reasons to "lower my expectations" because I'm worried about how I might feel if and when disappointment comes. It's not that much of a crash for me and I get over things very quickly.

I tend to be quite the opposite, which is why I admire the way you look at things; I detest disappointment so I tend to lower my expectations as a bit of a defense mechanism. Admittedly, I care far too much about these kinds of things and understand that particular outlook is probably not steeped in much realism with regards to just how important it all is in the grand scheme of things. Hey it's who I am, however, I think I'm better about it than I used to be, now I don't know if that's due to my way coping with disappointment or the fact that I'm 50 years old and life is increasingly becoming far too short.

The way I look at it is I want the Chiefs to win but if they don't it does not upset me because win or lose my life is the same come Monday if I don't let it bother me. I get upset during the game but when the clock strikes zero that is the end of the game and life goes on no matter if they won or lost. As far as this season goes I am pleased with the season no matter if they lose the last 7 games and end up 9-7, I know most people want everything right now and will not be happy if they win 3 of the next 5 SB because they did not win it the other two years and that means they are losers.

Going from 1st pick in the draft (read worst team in NFL) to a 9-7 at worst team in one year is one he11 of a turn around I don't care who they played or how they did it. Right now this season was a success. Now do I want them to keep wining YES, will I be happy if they go on and win the SB your damn right I will be, but no matter how the season ends my family or myself will not be any wealthier, healthier or wiser, in other words my life will run the same course no matter what happens to the Chiefs because I a happy with what they have done this year.

Truthfully how many people said they would be happy to win 7-9 games before the season started after the mess last year? I know someone will say I said they were going to win 12+ games but did you really think they would, probably not it was just eternal hope all us half full fans have.

Personally, I'm not carrying any pom-poms of any sort. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I know good coaching making good use of good players when I see it.

If you had told me before the season that the season started the Chiefs would be 9-0 and would beat the Giants and beat the Bills in Buffalo, I would have responded "I'll believe it when I see it". Well seeing is believing, because they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The way I look at it is I want the Chiefs to win but if they don't it does not upset me because win or lose my life is the same come Monday if I don't let it bother me. I get upset during the game but when the clock strikes zero that is the end of the game and life goes on no matter if they won or lost. As far as this season goes I am pleased with the season no matter if they lose the last 7 games and end up 9-7, I know most people want everything right now and will not be happy if they win 3 of the next 5 SB because they did not win it the other two years and that means they are losers.

Going from 1st pick in the draft (read worst team in NFL) to a 9-7 at worst team in one year is one he11 of a turn around I don't care who they played or how they did it. Right now this season was a success. Now do I want them to keep wining YES, will I be happy if they go on and win the SB your damn right I will be, but no matter how the season ends my family or myself will not be any wealthier, healthier or wiser, in other words my life will run the same course no matter what happens to the Chiefs because I a happy with what they have done this year.

Truthfully how many people said they would be happy to win 7-9 games before the season started after the mess last year? I know someone will say I said they were going to win 12+ games but did you really think they would, probably not it was just eternal hope all us half full fans have.
    I made two $20 bets in Vegas that says otherwise about myself not believing we will do well this season. Dates would show you that I made those bets before this season began right after Andy Reid went out and got Alex Smith!

Staying grounded is over-rated. Enjoying our success to the fullest is a lot more fun!
    Who wants to stay on the ground? Being SKY HIGH is more fun!!!! Even the girl at the local tavern said today that she had never seen me smile this much before. Are we going to lose some games? Probably. Are we going to go "one and done"? Might do. Are we going to make the Super Bowl? Long odds. Are we going to win the Super Bowl? Much longer odds. But dammitall we are 9-0 and the ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE NFL!!!!! And I am going to enjoy every damned second of it!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast