Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiping the Slate Clean with Haley

Default Wiping the Slate Clean with Haley

OK guys,

I have been a very vocal critic of Haley's but I am willing to wipe the slate clean if he does a couple of things immediately.

First, he needs to get rid of Pendergast as Defensive Coordinator. Then bring in someone else that is a solid choice to replace him.

He then needs to hire an offensive coordinator. Both of these things need to happen sooner rather than later to start preparing for next season.

I can overlook some of the issues this season as long as he does not do some of the same stupid mistakes next season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm pretty sure the DC will be taken care of this week.
    And I'm willing to bet that they will have an OC before long.
    No facts there, just my opinion.
    Chiefs in 2011

We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'm pretty sure the DC will be taken care of this week.
    And I'm willing to bet that they will have an OC before long.
    No facts there, just my opinion.
    From reading a link Coach posted in another thread, it doesn't sound like merely rumor that Crennel will be wearing a Chiefs polo shirt on draft day.

From the comments in the article, that may happen like... tomorrow.

For Offense, I'd just like someone who can really use weapons like Jamaal and Matt, and put some other ones in there that will open things up.

jb

I think Haley has made his fair share of mistakes, But through a lot of adversity this team has continued to play hard for him all year. Due to that fact I have to disregard all the complaints that he doesn't have the respect of the players.

Bring on Crennel and Weis!

Apparently Romeo Crennel becoming the new DC is all but a done deal. This will be a great boost for KC since he ran almost an identical defense for New England during their Super Bowl years.

As was already said, we really need an OC that can help Cassel develop. In an ideal world, the Chargers will flame out in the playoffs, leading to Norv Turner's firing, and KC could hire him as an OC.

Say what you want about him as a Head Coach, but as an OC, he's one of the best around, and he always brings out the best in his QBs......Lord knows Cassel needs all the help he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Apparently Romeo Crennel becoming the new DC is all but a done deal. This will be a great boost for KC since he ran almost an identical defense for New England during their Super Bowl years.

As was already said, we really need an OC that can help Cassel develop. In an ideal world, the Chargers will flame out in the playoffs, leading to Norv Turner's firing, and KC could hire him as an OC.

Say what you want about him as a Head Coach, but as an OC, he's one of the best around, and he always brings out the best in his QBs......Lord knows Cassel needs all the help he can get.
    I seriously doubt Norv or any coach gets fired after a 13-3 season, regardless of how the playoffs go. The Chargers are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. Even if he were fired, he'd land a HC job somewhere else immediately.

I'm not a big Haley fan either mainly because I see the 09 draft to be completely inexcusable. Also I was against the TG trade, the Tank trade, the Pollard deal, sitting Bowe and DJ,(just cause he didn't like em) , lack of FA pickups, sitting on all the left over cap money, fireing a good OC, starting LJ when it was clear to see he was a big baby and didn't want to play, and more.......all of that could have been the GM calls but he still had influents...

All that being said nobody is perfect and he has the right to wrong, so long as he learns by his mistakes,

Eat some crow Haley, Good luck on the Draft and please don't forget about the FA. I'm looking forward to a much improved Headcoach and team in 2010.

Go Chiefs!!!
    Go Haley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I seriously doubt Norv or any coach gets fired after a 13-3 season, regardless of how the playoffs go. The Chargers are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. Even if he were fired, he'd land a HC job somewhere else immediately.
    Weren't they around 13-3 when they fired Shottenheimer?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast