Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brodie bust?

Default Brodie bust?

http://kcchiefs.com/news/2008/10/08/...or_start_over/

It looks like Carl's mouthpiece is setting Brodie up for the fall guy once this thing goes in the tank. Just another way Carl keeps trying to save his own skin if you ask me. Of course, it's true that there's a lot of pressure on Brodie just to stay healthy for the remainder of the season, if nothing else.

I saw this coming, tho. I just know that if the season keeps going totally south, Brodie will take the fall in an attempt for Carl and Herm to try to salvage their jobs. However, if things wind up bad enough this season, it will be interesting to see if Carl tries to sail Herm down the river in an attempt to save his @$$. My money says he will unless we win at least 4 games or unless the pressure subsides after the ritual killings when Brodie and whoever else are thrown under the bus.

It's all semantics, anyway. The fact remains that Carl needed to go yesterday, needs to go now, and will need to go tomorrow until he's actually and finally gone...

The last sentence of the article was kind of interesting to me, tho. Gretz mentions that several nameless futures are in jeopardy with the Chiefs as well. Maybe there is hope, after all...
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 10-09-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    http://kcchiefs.com/news/2008/10/08/...or_start_over/

It looks like Carl's mouthpiece is setting Brodie up for the fall guy once this thing goes in the tank. Just another way Carl keeps trying to save his own skin if you ask me. Of course, it's true that there's a lot of pressure on Brodie just to stay healthy for the remainder of the season, if nothing else.

I saw this coming, tho. I just know that if the season keeps going totally south, Brodie will take the fall in an attempt for Carl and Herm to try to salvage their jobs. However, if things wind up bad enough this season, it will be interesting to see if Carl tries to sail Herm down the river in an attempt to save his @$$. My money says he will unless we win at least 4 games or unless the pressure subsides after the ritual killings when Brodie and whoever else are thrown under the bus.

It's all semantics, anyway. The fact remains that Carl needed to go yesterday, needs to go now, and will need to go tomorrow until he's actually and finally gone...
    How many years does Carl have on his contract extension he signed? I remember him saying he was done after that. Thats why he is getting Kuharich in a more prominent role. I think Carl and Herm go to far back for Carl to get rid of Herm. I truely think that they will both go down with the ship. Then we will have to start the fire Kuharich and whoever he hires as head coach campaign!

Wheres Cowher when we need a chance? Lets just fire the lot of them and bring in Cowher in mid season and let HIM assess the talent he has on the team while there are games left instead of another wasted season next year.

Brodie is already making excuses before he even sets his feet on the field. He has already told the media that he is not 100 percent yet. He has already lost to Tenn.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    How many years does Carl have on his contract extension he signed? I remember him saying he was done after that. Thats why he is getting Kuharich in a more prominent role. I think Carl and Herm go to far back for Carl to get rid of Herm. I truely think that they will both go down with the ship. Then we will have to start the fire Kuharich and whoever he hires as head coach campaign!

Wheres Cowher when we need a chance? Lets just fire the lot of them and bring in Cowher in mid season and let HIM assess the talent he has on the team while there are games left instead of another wasted season next year.
    I think thru next year. Not 100% on that, tho.

If it does come down to Herm being here for another year and he can't get it together, maybe we should look at Holmgren after his year-long hiatus.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I think thru next year. Not 100% on that, tho.

If it does come down to Herm being here for another year and he can't get it together, maybe we should look at Holmgren after his year-long hiatus.
    I would feel more comfortable with Cowher but I wouldnt be opposed to give Holmgren 3 years to do it depending on the state of the team. If he has to dismantle it I would give him or Cowher 5 years. Only reason I wouldnt give Herm and Carl that long? They have already dismantled it and Carl has had 19 years of mediocricy. Herm to the Jets (playoff team) and went downhill the same way we have. Its 1 thing to rebuild but you have to do it transitionally. Not the wholed damned team at once. You dont keep your job long that way.

I like Holmgren, but don't think he's what you guys need. Holmgren's system is very dependent on a stud QB, and a strong O-line. He doesn't need the best WRs or running backs (see what Julius Jones, Maurice Morris and others have done under him)...I don't see Croyle being that QB, and by the time the Chiefs could get one, the only guy who would be left on the line right now would be Albert. Unless you could trade Waters, LJ and yeah, Gonzalez for 1st day draft picks (1st/2ndrounds) then you aren't going to fill all the holes you'd need to fill for Holmgren.

Cowher on the other hand, can work with mediocre QBs (Maddox, O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart) and have a succesful team). The only hole he'd need to fill on offense is likely the Guard positions (1 to start now, and 1 to replace Waters in time)...and another TE as he uses genuine 2 TE sets a lot. Cowher could make good use of LJ yet knows how to mix it up with vertical passes and trick plays. He would be the ultimate answer for you guys. If he doesn't want to come back, or chooses another locale then the next best bet is to go after Jason Garrett. He's the coach of the future in Dallas, but if Wade Phillips isn't ready to retire then he may become available?! He's younger, so you'd have to bring in a GM also, and I'd seriously chase down Marti Schottenheimer and see if he'd like to take Carl's old post. Bit of irony there?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Brodie was a bust the minute he was drafted. May go down as one of the worst picks the Chiefs have ever made!!!! However, as far as CP putting the blame on Croyle goes, the only blame there is on CP. He drafted him so he deserves what he is getting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Brodie was a bust the minute he was drafted. May go down as one of the worst picks the Chiefs have ever made!!!! However, as far as CP putting the blame on Croyle goes, the only blame there is on CP. He drafted him so he deserves what he is getting!!!!!

Worst than Todd Blackledge? ( not sure I spelled his name correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I agree with what you say a lot of the time, but to say he could be the worst pick in Chiefs history is silly. Ryan Simms? That dude did NOTHING! At least Brodie tried. Though, it's true that he hasn't won a game......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I agree with what you say a lot of the time, but to say he could be the worst pick in Chiefs history is silly. Ryan Simms? That dude did NOTHING! At least Brodie tried. Though, it's true that he hasn't won a game......
    I think you just proved my point!!! Besides, I said ONE of the worst!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast