Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Default Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

I would not be upset or opposed to get Orton. He would not be the QBOTF, but he would be a viable fill in. We could still swing Palko and Stanzi in, but not put them in a position to NEED to win and be more likely to get hurt. For all his apparent failures, Orton is a tough guy.

There is 2 threads i started. Go to the other one as well.

So we would get a qb who lost his starting job to a qb who can't even throw the ball?
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.
    Through eleven games in 2010, Kyle Orton was in the top three of about every QB category recorded.

He has far more potential than what he generally gets credit for.

I think most of that was McDaniels' offense. But he did show that he can be far better than what seems to be the consensus on him.

I would be happy to see him come and get a shot.

I think The Broncos are foolish for not trying to get something for him. But then, maybe they already did that.

I would pick up Orton in a heart beat for 2.5 million this guy is extremely underrated I think he is just as good if not slightly better then Matt Cassel and if was our back up he would by far be the best back up in the league.

I'm 100% in favor of getting Orton. Cut Palko to get him as far as I'm concerned.

Two intriguing possibilities are the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans. Both are in the thick of the playoff race at 7-3 but have problems under center, and another potential destination is AFC West rival Kansas City.

story
    Last edited by kcvet; 11-22-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I would pick up Orton in a heart beat for 2.5 million this guy is extremely underrated I think he is just as good if not slightly better then Matt Cassel and if was our back up he would by far be the best back up in the league.
    Through twelve games in 2010, (McDaniels' offense left after twelve) ...

276 completions
    459 attempts
    60.1%
    3487 yards
    20 TDs
    6 INTs
    And 8 of his twelve games he had a QB Rating over 89.

If he had been able to continue at that rate, he would have accumulated 4649 yards. That would have been more than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers, behind only Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

Not that I think that is the kind of QB he is... But that is where you have to view his potential, because he is capable of doing that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast