Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A look at the Ravens

Default A look at the Ravens

There should be no reason why we get beat at home by this team. This is their performance last sunday at their house. Looks to me like Cinci could not finish and Ravens had luck way on their side.

Team Statistics

Team Statistics Comparison: Cincinnati Bengals / Baltimore Ravens
    Team Statistics
    First Downs
    20/10
    Passing
    14/5
    Rushing
    5/4
    Penalty
    1/1

Total Yards
    395/199
    Turnovers
    5/2
    Time of Possession
    34:42/25:18
    Third Down Efficiency
    7-17/2-11
    Fourth Down Efficiency
    0-2/0-0
    Total Net Yards
    395/199
    Total Plays
    76/50
    Average Gain Per Play
    5.2/4.0
    Net Yards Rushing
    90/98
    Rushes
    31/27
    Average Per Rush
    2.9/3.6
    Net Yards Passing
    305/101
    Completions-Attempts
    32-45/14-19
    Yards Per Pass Play
    6.8/4.4
    Times Sacked
    0/4
    Yards Lost to Sacks
    0/24
    Had Intercepted
    2/1
    Punts
    4/7
    Average Punt40.5/47.9
    Penalties
    4/7
    Penalty Yards
    49/45
    Fumbles
    4/1
    Fumbles Lost
    3/1
    Last edited by chief31; 01-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.

If speed would get a win against Ravens, DMC should be a key in play calling. Also JC has to run to the sides, specially left side.

I was watching long runs against Ravens D, they allowed just 6 20+ runs, most of them were reversibles or direct snaps. Something tells me it's a (healthy) DMC job to do.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoGuy View Post
    OK...Here I am...Have at it...LOL
    I just wanted to chime in here and just give my two cents worth. KC can absolutely win this game. Keep our Defense an the feild and you may have a chance. Yes our D isnt the same ol' D we use to have. But they still have big time play makers.

Dont read much into the Cinncy stats, Cinncy has had our number for years. They match up really well with the Ravens and Marvin Lewis is 5-2 against us.

The ravens have lost all of the four games by a combined total of 11 points. They have lost the lead in the fourth quater 9 times and of course lost four of them. If KC cant get the running game going they may be in for a long day.

Regaurdless if the Ravens D is old, they are a tough group. There are several veterans on this team that understand where they are. You guys shouldnt come in this game thinking that you arejust happy to just be in the playoffs. The Ravens are very battled tested. They want to lower you into a knock down slobber knocker. ....Dont do it. You will lose.You want to watch tape on how to beat the Ravens ...check the Atlanta game. We were absolutely better then them but they had a great game plan.

On offense , if Flacco and the recievers get hot...forget about it.(dont worry it hasnt happened that often) That said...they do have several players that are playmakers. One of the best opinions I seen anyone make was toward your 12th man. Michael Oher...LT has more false starts then anyother LT in the league....DRIVE KILLER!!!! You guys can absolutely win this game.
    I wish other Ravens fans would read this before posting. This is how you come to another team's forum and add useful content and meaningful conversation. The idiots from other teams that come on here and lead with "your team sucks and we are going to kill you" is waste of everyone's time.
    Excellent first post!

I really think it depends on what team shows up for the Chiefs. If its the team of intimidated Chiefs that went to San Diego, we are in for a very long day. If it is the team of heartless sandbaggers that played last Sunday, we're going to get embarrassed again this weekend. But if it's the Chiefs team that played the other 14 games this year, we have a very good shot at winning this game.

Just as Balto said, this defense is very beatable. But they also have serious playmakers with a wealth of experience. They will get at least 1 turnover against the Chiefs. If the Chiefs can win the turnover battle, they will win this game.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-05-2011 at 09:36 AM.

NO problem...Noise hasnt seem to bother us to much, Oher is a Rookie and has had a tough time with it all year. How is your Def. End? anygood? and also How is your LT? If he is sub-par watch out for Suggs to have an impact. A good one can handle Suggs....but he has to be real good. Ray Lewis is TWO steps slower, thing is he is a Hall of Famer so you really dont know what he will do. Usaually Great players show up for games like this.
    I have seen a little of KC but not enought to make an educated analysis of them.If KC can play fast that will bode well.Keep up the pace. KC cant be itimidated by the Ravens.The Ravens preconcieved reputation sometimes gets in the head of their opponent. If KC dosnt back down early they will be in it to win it at the end. They need to keep Baltimore close. Dont let them get up by 2 td's or it will be over.They should go NO-Huddle often and early. First possesion...go no huddle....get them sucking wind early...be patient...there will be plays to be made. But with the Ravens you need to create these opportunities. They wont give you any...
    Our DE's aren't big playmakers, but I've said this a bunch: The matchup to watch is Hali vs. Oher. I personally think Hali can have a field day on Oher, and then once he gets rattled we will see some false starts.

On the other side though, Suggs can definitely beat our LT Branden Albert. So it'll be interesting to watch if either of our LT's can step up.

I definitely think this is going to be a close, low scoring game. Flacco has won playoff road games, but he hasn't been electric in really any playoff game. Despite a 3-2 record, he's 57/120 for 647 yards, 1 TD, and 6 INTs in 5 playoff games. The Chiefs are definitely going to have to stop the run and force Flacco to win the game. Cassel has never been in the postseason, so it will be interesting to see how he plays under the pressure of the postseason

Either way, welcome to the ChiefsCrowd, thanks for the classy post! Some other schmuck came here on Sunday and decided he was going to talk some lame smack. Much rather have some fans of the opposing teams that want to talk about what to look for in the game!

This could be a situation like the Monday night game with insane fans and on fire players. If we play to the best of our ability and the old Arrowhead is back, we could finally get this playoff monkey off our backs! Baltimore is not invincible and plays most of their games closes.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    This could be a situation like the Monday night game with insane fans and on fire players. If we play to the best of our ability and the old Arrowhead is back, we could finally get this playoff monkey off our backs! Baltimore is not invincible and plays most of their games closes.
    Flacco has thrown 1 TD and 6 INTs in his post season games so if the crowd can really get into his head I think it might be a very long day for Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Play action will only work if we establish some sort of running game.
    Being the NFL's #1 running team all season long eliminates the need to 'establish' it. It is already established.

The Ravens will be looking for it.

If we come in with alot of play-action, right out of the gates, then The Ravens will likely be taken by surprise.

You would think on the surface play action would work...but I doubt it. These are vetran players who are very disaplined...They usaually dont bite on stuff like that. The running game will take you to the promised land.

This game will be won and lost by the coaching staffs of each team. Baltimores offense has been so vanilla you can almost call the plays your self. Cam Cameron (offensive cordinator) has been on the hot seat all year. If KC coaching staff has scouted them properly they will be in the game. The Ravens have yet to use their highly touted off season addtions such as Boldin,Stallworth and T.J. Whosyourmama... Cameron is coaching for his professional job.

As far as the turn over battle is concerned, I doubt KC will win that one. Flacco has 4 INT's in the past 7 or so games. Ray Rice has not fumbled the ball all year...not one in 360 carries.

I agree with the notion to make Flacco beat you. Its not that he cant. He just hasnt shown it yet. The noise wont bother him, If he wants to be among the elite QB"s this is when he needs to step his game up. Around the league he is considered a very good QB, now will be a good test. As far as Matt Cassel is concerned, It is almost the same thing for him. How will he handle the Ravens mystic...can they get into his head. He needs to look them in the eye and say..."not today" This is my house! He has to show them and treat it like its his game to win. If they see in his eyes that he isnt ready to brawl they will get after him. The entire KC team needs to have that same attitude. Trust me...win or lose KC will know they have been in a war. Its going to be physical. Thats what the Ravens do best. Like I said, KC needs to play fast. Keep it up-tempo. Dont let the Ravens lay a glove on'em. Anybody see the Sunday night game against Pittsburgh? Thats the kind of game the Ravens bring.

KC has the best running game in the NFL, I am scared to death of this. If you guys get it going early we are in trouble. I am sure thats what your going to try to do. I would....

Thanks for the compliments...I just like talking football. I was a coach for many years. What does anybody prove comming in here pounding their chest...besides being an idiot? I wanted to see what take you folks have on the game....A viewpoint from the other side.

You would think on the surface play action would work...but I doubt it. These are vetran players who are very disaplined...They usaually dont bite on stuff like that. The running game will take you to the promised land.

This game will be won and lost by the coaching staffs of each team. Baltimores offense has been so vanilla you can almost call the plays your self. Cam Cameron (offensive cordinator) has been on the hot seat all year. If KC coaching staff has scouted them properly they will be in the game. The Ravens have yet to use their highly touted off season addtions such as Boldin,Stallworth and T.J. Whosyourmama... Cameron is coaching for his professional job.

As far as the turn over battle is concerned, I doubt KC will win that one. Flacco has 4 INT's in the past 7 or so games. Ray Rice has not fumbled the ball all year...not one in 360 carries.

I agree with the notion to make Flacco beat you. Its not that he cant. He just hasnt shown it yet. The noise wont bother him, If he wants to be among the elite QB"s this is when he needs to step his game up. Around the league he is considered a very good QB, now will be a good test. As far as Matt Cassel is concerned, It is almost the same thing for him. How will he handle the Ravens mystic...can they get into his head. He needs to look them in the eye and say..."not today" This is my house! He has to show them and treat it like its his game to win. If they see in his eyes that he isnt ready to brawl they will get after him. The entire KC team needs to have that same attitude. Trust me...win or lose KC will know they have been in a war. Its going to be physical. Thats what the Ravens do best. Like I said, KC needs to play fast. Keep it up-tempo. Dont let the Ravens lay a glove on'em. Anybody see the Sunday night game against Pittsburgh? Thats the kind of game the Ravens bring.

KC has the best running game in the NFL, I am scared to death of this. If you guys get it going early we are in trouble. I am sure thats what your going to try to do. I would....

Thanks for the compliments...I just like talking football. I was a coach for many years. What does anybody prove comming in here pounding their chest...besides being an idiot? I wanted to see what take you folks have on the game....A viewpoint from the other side.
    nice to see an educated fan from the opposing team!

Balto you are a classy guy and a great fan of this game called Football, and your team. Welcome to the Chiefs Crowd! I believe we need to come out with a fast tempo and wide open game plan, maybe even go no huddle to start. Try to get up early, then control the tempo of the game. But what do I know.

No matter how long one has done their job, when the #1 running team in the league comes out faking alot of handoffs, even Ray Lewis can find himself surprised.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast