Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I were a bettin man..

Default If I were a bettin man..

I'd say Crennel is going to be our DC. If we're flippin over to the 3-4, there are few guys in this league I'd rather have in charge of the defense. Rex Ryan would probably be the only guy I'd want more than Crennel. If this DOES happen, other than Gailey, this would be THE ONLY OTHER COACH on staff I'd consider a good hire. Every other coach Haley has hired thus far have been mediocre hires AT BEST.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ssion_bro.html

Waiting on Romeo: Former Browns coach Romeo Crennel is convalescing from successful hip replacement surgery and weighing an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    The Chiefs are holding the position open for Crennel, who is waiting to learn exactly how long his rehabilitation process will keep him out. The Chiefs may have enticed Crennel a little bit more by trading for New England linebacker Mike Vrabel.

Whether or not Crennel accepts, he has decided not to remain with the Browns in an unspecified role offered by Mangini.

Crennel previously declined an offer to rejoin Charlie Weis as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator. Crennel and Weis were Belichick's coordinators during New England's three Super Bowl championship seasons.

romeo, romeo where fore art thou romeo?

I've been hoping this for awhile. He could be a great tool if we transitioning to 3-4.

I didn't realize that they had offered him the job though. And I agree with the article that the job became a little easier and a lot more desirable with Mike Vrabel on the roster. Let's hope Crennel has a speedy recovery.

Even if his recovery is slow, maybe Chiefster will lend him his hoverround for a while!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

We need to get this done soon. The fact that we don't have a DC can't help us in free agency. I don't agree that our other hires were mediocre. Gibbs & Pendergast would be mediocre at DC, but I think they are good position coaches.
    Last edited by imcorrect; 03-01-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

As usual, my theories prove true. They should really just go ahead and give me Chris Mortensen's job. I'm better at it than he is.

Romeo is far from a proven winner. In fact, he's a loser that lost his job. AND we already hired two guys that could become our DC. Why is Romeo a must have? I think we just need to stockpile ballers to play on the field. In fact, is there really such a thing as a defensive genius? I think defense is more about talent and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    Romeo is far from a proven winner. In fact, he's a loser that lost his job. AND we already hired two guys that could become our DC. Why is Romeo a must have? I think we just need to stockpile ballers to play on the field. In fact, is there really such a thing as a defensive genius? I think defense is more about talent and attitude.
    Would you rather have a guy whose defense has been last in the league the past 2 seasons (Gibbs) as DC?

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    Its not his HC ability but his DC experience that lead to his hiring as a HC. From 2001-2003 NE had one of the most dominant defenses in the league

Pats D didn't lose much when he left from what I can tell. Gunther was supposed to save our D too but without players (DT, Neil Smith, and last year giving up J Allen) it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast