Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Power Rankings

Default New Power Rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    fan2
    an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
    [Origin: 1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic]

or a Chiefs Fan (short for Fanatic) Being critical of a team is ok but when one has nothing good to say about a team I would tend to feel that this person is in fact not a fan. Maybe a fan of another team with some misplaced agression posing as a real fan. If your so called meaning of fan were the true meaning then the Cubs wouldnt have a single fan.
    Nuff Said

GO CANADA -- I got yer back (even though you dont need it.

been trying to hold my tongue and have pulled in the reigns on several posts and even completely deleted some. But as hard as I could try cant stand by and let Canada go it alone on this one.

Let the flaming begin I am a man I can handle it as can Canada .. oooh and I AM a Chiefs fan 13-3 or 3-13 Go Chiefs
    AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will sit on the same sideline as you and Canada any day! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    fan2
    an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
    [Origin: 1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic]

or a Chiefs Fan (short for Fanatic) Being critical of a team is ok but when one has nothing good to say about a team I would tend to feel that this person is in fact not a fan. Maybe a fan of another team with some misplaced agression posing as a real fan. If your so called meaning of fan were the true meaning then the Cubs wouldnt have a single fan.
    Nuff Said

GO CANADA -- I got yer back (even though you dont need it.

been trying to hold my tongue and have pulled in the reigns on several posts and even completely deleted some. But as hard as I could try cant stand by and let Canada go it alone on this one.

Let the flaming begin I am a man I can handle it as can Canada .. oooh and I AM a Chiefs fan 13-3 or 3-13 Go Chiefs

Not sure what this means but if you want some....come get some!

Obviously you have not read all of my posts because I have said positive things about the Chiefs as hard as it may be. Have said they are not that far away and just need a few pieces to the puzzle. Have said Bowe may be the real deal. On and on and on!!!!

However, as much as you must feel like it is essential to say everything positive about the team and nothing negative, says to me that you must not be a real fan!!!!

While you settle to stay mired in the pool of mediocrity with the rest of the "fans" that refuse to note the lack of urgency this team has shown for the last umpteen years to make the decisions to balance this team on offense as well as defense and actually have a shot a winning in the playoffs, I choose to continue to cheer for my team while noting some of the wholes in our team. At the same time, try to voice a few opinions on what I think they need to to to achieve this goal.

Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!! Your going to have to bring more than this one post wonder boy because I will eat you alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!!
    As a Cubs fan and someone who knows a s***load of other Cub fans, I can tell you that yes...we get very salty about the organizations failures to address certain obvious defeiciencies with the team.

But that isn't every Cubs fan. As with any sports teams fans, some can stay positive, no matter how bleak the outlook, while others are less forgiving to the teams mistakes.

I, for one, am generally very critical of my team, but I also get salty when hearing others bash them. Not so much other fans of the same team, but T.V. analysts and other teams fans.

Living in central Illinois, there are large numbers of fans of, both, the Cubs and the hated St. Louis Cardinals. That rivalry strengthens the commitment that each partys fans have.

Yeah, the Cardinals won a world series last year...(Crap-assed team that that was.) But the Cubs owned the Cardinals in head-to-head play. Just something to use against Cardinal fans. Eventhough the Cubs sucked last season, we had to keep our chins up.

That is why, during the off-season, I am very negative about the Chiefs, while during the season, I tend to be alot more optimistic. I also tend to share my angst about my team, with other fans of my team. Because they usually share those concerns.

Some fans tend to be more optimistic than others, but each wants the team to do well, no matter what. Some are led by blind faith, while others see the team while considering that some things should have been done differently, therefore holding some animosity toward the team. Then, there are those who just want the team to better tommorrow and are willing to sacrifice a season, just to achieve that goal. They too tend to be highly critical of the team, in what appears to be a "rooting against them" way.

Either way, it is juvenile to suggest that a fan of your team is not a "real", or "true" fan. If that person is a regular, on a board like this, negative, or not, then odds are that they want us to win.

I saw that the definition of the word "fan" was posted, but where is the definition of a "true/real fan"?

I would suggest that there are different types of Chiefs fans. Each kind of fan being "real/true".

(This, from the teachings of chiefster, regarding "peace-keeper techniques.)

Not sure what this means but if you want some....come get some!

Obviously you have not read all of my posts because I have said positive things about the Chiefs as hard as it may be. Have said they are not that far away and just need a few pieces to the puzzle. Have said Bowe may be the real deal. On and on and on!!!!

However, as much as you must feel like it is essential to say everything positive about the team and nothing negative, says to me that you must not be a real fan!!!!

While you settle to stay mired in the pool of mediocrity with the rest of the "fans" that refuse to note the lack of urgency this team has shown for the last umpteen years to make the decisions to balance this team on offense as well as defense and actually have a shot a winning in the playoffs, I choose to continue to cheer for my team while noting some of the wholes in our team. At the same time, try to voice a few opinions on what I think they need to to to achieve this goal.

Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!! Your going to have to bring more than this one post wonder boy because I will eat you alive!!!
    I agree that you can say critical things about your team...as long as they are true. This all started cause some kid was spouting off at the mouth talkin about how we are gonna lose to the dolts cause we are playing in SD. The whole point of all of this is that there are a lot of people that talk a lot more sh*t about the team when we are losing. We choose to look at more of the negatives. I know there are problems....as does everyone else....i choolse to believe that booing or *****ing and complaining is not going to solve anything. The only thing that I control as a Chiefs fan is being the 12th man at Arrowhead and I make damn sure that when I get the pleasure of being there, people will remember that crazy ******* that was goin nuts all game. I just hate coming into a "fan site" and hearing about Herms play calling in 75% of the posts and only 25% about the outstanding defense we have on the field.

And remember....u were once a one post wonder in here too.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I agree that you can say critical things about your team...as long as they are true. This all started cause some kid was spouting off at the mouth talkin about how we are gonna lose to the dolts cause we are playing in SD. The whole point of all of this is that there are a lot of people that talk a lot more sh*t about the team when we are losing. We choose to look at more of the negatives. I know there are problems....as does everyone else....i choolse to believe that booing or *****ing and complaining is not going to solve anything. The only thing that I control as a Chiefs fan is being the 12th man at Arrowhead and I make damn sure that when I get the pleasure of being there, people will remember that crazy ******* that was goin nuts all game. I just hate coming into a "fan site" and hearing about Herms play calling in 75% of the posts and only 25% about the outstanding defense we have on the field.

And remember....u were once a one post wonder in here too.
    wrong. i told you why THE MEDIA is picking the DOLTS...not me. i pick chiefs. i said that the media picked SD because it is a home game for them, if it was the other way around and the game was at arrowhead, the media would pick the chiefs to win by 3. simple as that.

Great pick for the last 38 years!!! No wonder you live in Canada! You must do well in football pools if you pick the Chiefs every week! Wake up dude! Not everyone is as knowledgeable about the game of football as you!!!! Ha Ha!! What a joke! Stick to the Argonauts or the Reign Fire and keep us updated on how they are doing!

I don't understand why people ( you in particular ) can't grasp the idea of cheering for your team and being critical of them at the same time!! I contribute to the salaries of these players every year so I believe it is my right to be critical. Do you also think the people in Green Bay should not be pissed when they have fielded a ****ty team for the last 5 or 6 years? They own the team!!
    I just noticed this post. Didn't know you wanted to disrespect me like that. Don't you live in Arizona?? I am probably closer to Arrowhead than you and your local team in the Cardinals?? You live in desert. You are honestly the greatest Monday morning QB I have ever seen. It is almost like you spew out all the same regurgitated bull**** you hear on TV. You think if you start your posts by insulting people you will sound important...maybe big and tough....you sound like an ***. You don't like me cheering for my team....kiss my ***. I live way up in Canada....that is good. It's almost like you display your ignorance of the world around you and you are actually proud of it. It's funny to see people in a little bubble where they are the greatest. Wake up man....u r an idiot.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I just noticed this post. Didn't know you wanted to disrespect me like that. Don't you live in Arizona?? I am probably closer to Arrowhead than you and your local team in the Cardinals?? You live in desert. You are honestly the greatest Monday morning QB I have ever seen. It is almost like you spew out all the same regurgitated bull**** you hear on TV. You think if you start your posts by insulting people you will sound important...maybe big and tough....you sound like an ***. You don't like me cheering for my team....kiss my ***. I live way up in Canada....that is good. It's almost like you display your ignorance of the world around you and you are actually proud of it. It's funny to see people in a little bubble where they are the greatest. Wake up man....u r an idiot.
    man what is wrong with our board....us fans are at eachothers throats as much as the chiefs are at each other and their coach. and the dolts teammates as well.

HAHAHAH good stuff. if i were to make a power ranking today based on honesty, keeping my love byast for the chiefs out of it, i would put us right where we are. they probably just put the power rankings in order of who had the most 3 and outs....the one who had the most being last and teh one who had the least (probably colts or pats) at the front.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    man what is wrong with our board....us fans are at eachothers throats as much as the chiefs are at each other and their coach. and the dolts teammates as well.

HAHAHAH good stuff. if i were to make a power ranking today based on honesty, keeping my love byast for the chiefs out of it, i would put us right where we are. they probably just put the power rankings in order of who had the most 3 and outs....the one who had the most being last and teh one who had the least (probably colts or pats) at the front.
    I cant tell you what is wrong with out board. At least with being civilized. But I can tell you that what is wrong with it has nothing to do with Canada. Canada is a big part of what is right on this board, and a big part of why I am a member and why I feel the need to post. If people want to challenge me and call me a one post wonder that is fine. I will speak with my actions rather then retaliate. Again 13-3 or 3-13 Chiefs fan with glass half full. GO CHIEFS.

Are you completely out of your mind or just stupid? Your comparison of me to a 5th grader is what lead to my post and being critical of you! I believe that's where the disrespect started!

I'm not exactly sure what your geograghical placement has to do with anything but anyway. Nobody said anything about you cheering for your team. On the contrary I believe!

Seriously though, if all your going to do is call me an *** or an idiot or a Monday morning QB, save it! I've got much more important people to listen to than some tool up in Canada that believes that when it comes to cheering for the Chiefs, it's either his way or no way! Well, I got news for ya bud, it doesn't work that way! I'm sorry my points of view don't meet your standards of football knowledge or that you disagree with everything I say but I am sure I have watched as much football or more than you in my day and have a fairly good idea of how the game is played. Please continue to feel free and disagree with all of my posts. It's good to have a little debate once in a while.

As for your comments about me, grow up a little! I can go that route as well but I'm a grown *** man. You need to learn to keep it under control tough guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post

At the risk of sounding biased here I would say it is you. Not necessarily your point of view, but how you come across. You call others stupid for having differing views of the way the Chiefs are being handled, either by management, or their performance.

It kills me to say that I agree with much that you post, but you are such and a$$ about expressing your point of view.

I don't agree with any of your personal views about American society and am disgusted by the way you treat Canada.

You are a stereotype of the redneck American jerk that thinks the rest of the world doesn't matter and that they should be just like us.

I find diversity the defining characteristic of human nature. Acceptance of others differences brings about a broader point of view and defers ignorance and hate.

Stay on this board and share your point of view without being quite so critical of others.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast