Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Two words Chiefs fans...

Default Two words Chiefs fans...

Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.
    Two words, Injuries and suspensions...

We were missing our starting CB, Back up CB, Starting Safety, Starting NT and starting OLB. ON top of that our best remaining player was playing hurt.

You say second half adjustments. I say it took Atlanta a whole half to figure it out. The fact we hung in there that long was impressive.

After the missed Field goal you can just see the momentum change. The Chiefs quit nowing they were now two scores down and Atlanta tasted the blood in the water.

That is also on the HC, but I think most fans sat there thinking this can't go on.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    The biggest difference is their terrific GM over ours, who actually understands that having depth per position is important, that and having a franchise qb

You missed my posts about the secondary depth, the CB looked absolutely awful today, that is on Pioli. He brings in the guys he wants to bring in and builds the team.
    Yes, because there are so many outstanding 3rd string Corners out there in Free Agency just waiting to be signed.

I mean lets totally forget that Our Second Stringers are hurt and the people playing are cheap under paid third stringers.

Seriously, Pioli went out and sign A. Elam for back up depth at safety. He was a starter last year for Dallas. Outside of that, why don't you start naming who you as the Smarter GM would have signed to be our third string Corners and safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Two words, Injuries and suspensions...

We were missing our starting CB, Back up CB, Starting Safety, Starting NT and starting OLB. ON top of that our best remaining player was playing hurt.

You say second half adjustments. I say it took Atlanta a whole half to figure it out. The fact we hung in there that long was impressive.

After the missed Field goal you can just see the momentum change. The Chiefs quit nowing they were now two scores down and Atlanta tasted the blood in the water.

That is also on the HC, but I think most fans sat there thinking this can't go on.

Although I feel the game would have been at least 7 points closer in the final score had all of our starters been playing, I don't feel that we would have won the game or should have won the game. We are not the caliber of team that the Atlanta Falcons are. It showed in preseason and was proven yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I too agree that the missed field goal was more than it should have been. I mean it was a 10 point swing. However 3rd and 1 and you have charles and hillis....that play pissed me off.
    That one, and then on defense when it was third and long for Atlanta and we rushed three defenders? And they still got a big gain, mainly as there was not pressure.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I would of resigned Brandon Carr, it would of made a world of a difference
    Had that happened though, there would be no Routt, and we would have still been in the same boat in terms of CB depth.

Why not? God forbid if we should add any solid depth in the secondary
    Then you've spent 1/4th of your 2013 salary cap on 3 players that play the same position. Throw in the fact that Hali is due $12.25 million and you're at about 1/3rd of the salary cap w/ just 4 players.

Unfortunately, it's not just as simple as "sign this player" and "sign that player" and VOILA!

I agree, lack of depth.
    ***I disagree that we go buy it.***

I think we need to develop players through the draft, which takes time and patience.

Brandon Carr was one of those players, and we let him leave without a fight. Bad move IMHO.

We need to get these guys on the field, and get them up to speed on the NFL, and unfortunately that takes time, and patience. I forgot that, and went on a gigantic crybaby fit throwing rant in another thread.
    We're a young team, we are developing players, and hopefully (As #58Chiefs said) consistency in coaching **IE not replacing coaches every year*** will help this, help the team, and help the Win/Loss record.

From what I've seen, and I HATE to have to type this...
    The AFC West is Denver's to lose.
    Ugh, I have to go wash my hands now, and maybe put soap in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    That one, and then on defense when it was third and long for Atlanta and we rushed three defenders? And they still got a big gain, mainly as there was not pressure.
    There were two falcon fans from iowa behind me. I think i turned my back and just said I can't watch 3rd and longs. He goes why is that, I said watch. I don't know but it seems we are feaking cursed on third and long.

Yoda nailed it. No half time adjustments equals a 40-17 loss.