Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!

Default Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!

Yeah i said it!! I remember when it happened and thought it was a bad idea then and still do to this day. He had a solid foundation being built and just about everyone on here was whining and calling for his head. years removed whats your opinion now?

I hate the 3-4 defense, we've been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!

Imo he drafted better than haley and was a better coach and motivator.

He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.

Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!

but remember he "played to win the game...HELLO!!!"
    mister predictable made marty ball look like the run n gun.
    i watched herm w/the jets and the CHIEFS and he was the same overly conservative predictable poor clock managing yutz at both. edwards and haley were both mistakes, experiments gone bad, pioli should be next
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

No thanks on Herm Edwards. He seems like a real nice guy but I got more than my fill of seeing that Tampa 2 coverage get scorched for huge plays while he was here.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Vermiel left us at 10-6... Herm.found his way to 2-14, and Haley got us back up to 10-6.

I like 10-6 better than 2-14.

All HCs are superior to Herm Edwards.
    SUCH A GREAT POINT. Please tell us all why Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, and Larry Johnson aren't still playing for us! Vermeil did such a great job building that roster. Only idiots think draft picks are important... players never get too old to play... they never get injured either. The only great player he drafted was Sims... oh wait.

I'm with you... how the hell could they let those players leave??? Didn't they know these guys were suppose to keep playing for the next 30 years or more??? It really is pathetic that Edwards allowed all those great players to leave.

You're right... Edwards absolutely destroyed that roster... not Vermeil.

I hated tampa 2 defense and hate being conservative.

I dont blame herm for everything. I believe herm left the chiefs in a better situation the vermeil left him. The difference vermeil was playing to win now and herm was trying to build to win. Wish herm had lasted one more year cuz our roster would be so much better if he had. Most of our roster foundation ia from his drafts. I almost would like to go back to a 4-3 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    MUCH better coach than Haley. I agree with everything you just said. I don't think he was given a fair shot with a good, young roster that he had the task to build. However, I don't think he was the coach that was going to be the guy who would lead the team to the promised land. I think his personnel moves kick the living **** outta Pioli's moves. This team is built on the Edwards picks. Imagine what this team would look like if Dorsey was allowed to play in a 4-3 and if he had a couple more years to build this team.

What a shame.
    Who's the better coach, Herm or Edwards? A more important question might be who's the taller midget? They were both horrible. Herm was a great talent evaluator but just a god awful head coach. Haley was a good OC but an atrocious head coach. They both sucked.

We got spoiled with how well our D unit had gel'd over the past few years. I'll be the first to admit but Carr leaving hurt us a LOT more then I thought it would. Add in some injuries here and there and we get people complaining about a 3-4 defense. The grass is always greener.

This team is built on players getting better as they've gotten older and gained more experience. Are people so naive to say that Pioli's picks haven't been getting better? In all honesty if we did go out and use our first round draft on a QB our team as a whole would start playing better.

The reason I think this (if we pick the right QB) is that he'll command the offense and provide that leadership that's been lacking. This will instantly put the offense at ease and just let them play. Eleven guys thinking on their own will never be as good as one guy commanding and 10 guys following.

Add to this that the defense won't be thinking holy cr@p seriously?!? Another turnover, alright, back to work or simply why should I put my career on the line when they can't even score a TD in every game?!?

The problem with our coaching situations seems to be that we've hired either great talent evaluators or guys that want to keep their division while trying to run the whole army. We need a head coach that says I'm here to command, my coordinators are here to coordinate the respective sides. Get to work.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 10-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.

We could run the ball and play defense but had no passing game under Marty. We could run and pass but had no defense under Dick. We could do none of the above under Herm. For being an "offensive" coach, our defense was actually better than our non-existent offense under Todd. Romeo has actually fielded the closest thing to a "complete" team we've had since Marty. It sucks that King Carl and Fuhrer Pioli both apparently think we can "Dilfer" our way to success.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Herm may have been a good president of players personnel or something. Not coaching.
    Did the same thing with the Jets. Found great players, but ran the team to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    SUCH A GREAT POINT. Please tell us all why Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, and Larry Johnson aren't still playing for us! Vermeil did such a great job building that roster. Only idiots think draft picks are important... players never get too old to play... they never get injured either. The only great player he drafted was Sims... oh wait.

I'm with you... how the hell could they let those players leave??? Didn't they know these guys were suppose to keep playing for the next 30 years or more??? It really is pathetic that Edwards allowed all those great players to leave.

You're right... Edwards absolutely destroyed that roster... not Vermeil.
    Fujita, Tynes and Mitchell all left to become Super Bowl champs. there was talent, Herm just did what all HCs like to and tried to clear out players from the previous regime.

But LJ left because Herm's offense helped drag his average YPC down to ridiculous levels.

Herm tore this team the shreds. In your third season as HC, 2-14 makes you.an epic failure.

You mean the same Herm that brought in Kyle Turley to be the starting left tackle? The only positive about Herm is he has an eye for dbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief addict View Post
    You mean the same Herm that brought in Kyle Turley to be the starting left tackle? The only positive about Herm is he has an eye for dbs.
    I don't no if I can agree with this. Charles,Bowe,Hali,Albert all talent that are not dbs that we got when Herm was in KC. to Go along with Flowers,and Carr (now gone) Herm didn't draft terrible. He just didn't put the players that we got in a good position to win witch is the biggest job of a head coach.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast