Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs autographed memorabilia & collectibles FOR SALE!

Default Chiefs autographed memorabilia & collectibles FOR SALE!

Hey y'all...I have Coach's okay to offer for sale several autographed Chiefs items/memorabilia from my personal collection of the past 20+ years in this forum. I will begin posting photo's & descriptions later this evening. I have many autographed footballs & mini helmets autographed personally by Chiefs legends, including HOF'ers. As well, many novelty items too, including vintage.

Most of the autographed items I've obtained myself over the years, or through people I knew personally to be reliable that had access to Chiefs practice's at Arrowhead, etc.. I personally guarantee all items to be authentic. I'm an honest person, and I will also note any defects or flaws that the photo's may not reveal, although most of my items are in excellent condition overall.

As a result of my divorce in April 2009...my priority now must be surviving financially until I can sell my home, move closer to Kansas City, obtain employment. I need to pay my basic bills to survive in the meantime, as no feasible job opportunities have come to be, that I've applied for surrounding my rural community in the last several months.

Those items that are dear to my heart specifically, such as those my kids or friends have given me over the years as special gifts...I will be keeping. As well, a future home in Kansas City won't be able to feasibly display my collection of Chiefs memorabilia. No need to feel badly for me, nor for buying an item. It makes me happier knowing items will be going to homes of dedicated loyal Chiefs fans, of whom will appreciate the items as much as I do, & have over the years. God is beside me, I'm a survivor, and hopefully soon my house will sell, and I'll be able to re-build my life completely. I'll be closer to Arrowhead too when I'm able to relocate! :)

I have a difficult time pricing items, as I have no idea of current market or collectible value. This is the sort of personal collectible that varies in value...depending upon an individual desire and what it's worth to them. As well, I want any one interested to have a fair opportunity to acquire an item they may want...rather than just put a price on an item selling it to the first person that happens to want it.

All factor's considered, I feel it's best, including fair opportunity for all...for me to offer the items for sale on a 'will accept best offer' method. If you see an item you would like to buy, please PM me the best offer you're comfortable with. The item will be sold to the person making the highest offer, regardless of whether or not it may be considered low, as I said, my priority is paying my basic survival bills, not whether an offer may be considered low. I realize I'm not the only one struggling financially, so please offer what you feel comfortable with affordably. I will accept offers through August 15th. :)

Payments can be made one of three ways:
    1) To my Paypal account, of which transactions are secure & insured.
    2) Personal check or money order mailed to me directly.
    3) In person, paid for when picking the item(s) up. It's not feasible for me to make several trips to Kansas City, so if you're wanting to pick an item up personally, you will need to do so either at location arranged near my home, or at my home if I know you and am comfortable, haha. I live about an hour & half drive NW of Arrowhead Stadium. If you're going to be attending the MNF game tailgating event, I can also bring items with me then. :)

If an item is to be mailed to you after receipt of payment, I package all items safely, & will mail Priority with tracking. I will note shipping cost to the item description post, which will be in addition to your best offer.

Any questions?...please ask.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Tony Richardson aka T Rich

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Willie Lanier

How can you sell something that is priceless?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    How can you even begin to price it.

Priceless? Such as, Ryfo?

Let me explain further how, & why...I can sell my Chiefs collectibles. Have patience, I'll try to make this as short as possible. Are you ready for a real life horror short story?

I live on 80 acres in the rural country...10 miles one way to the nearest tiny town, 25 miles to a small town, 35-40 to a larger city, Topeka. What few jobs are available, that are financially feasible with the cost of fuel, driving back & forth...I've applied for & not been hired. I'm not within walking distance of any employment, nor grocery store.

My x was court ordered in the divorce to maintain insurance on our home & vehicles, which was a combined policy. He stopped paying premiums in March, which he lied about, I discovered the truth in May...there was no insurance on the house, nor vehicles...including my truck, my only source of transportation.

I've contacted several insurance companies, including online such as Progressive. Because my x didn't maintain coverage & allowed it to lapse more than 30 days...insurance companies tell me I'm now considered a previously un-insured motorist. I've been driving since I was 14 yrs old, never had a serious accident or ticket in 40 yrs of driving...a 40 yr responsible driving history wiped out according to the insurance companies...because my x husband lied, disobeyed a court order, policy lapsed more than 30 days.

My truck insurance on the previous combined policy calculated to $750 annually, but now because I'm considered an uninsured motorist...they want from $2400-2800 annually to insure my truck on an individual policy. I can't drive a vehicle without insurance, it's illegal, in Kansas they can take my license, fine and/or put me in jail for driving without insurance. I could also not afford to replace my truck, nor repair damage if an accident occurs.

Since May...I've had no form of legal transportation. My daughter, who lives 35 miles away, a 70 mile round trip...once every couple weeks comes to take me to the store, etc.. She & her husband, have 4 kids between them to care for. My local friends also live that far away...my nearest neighbor is a mile away, of whom I don't even know. My son lives closer, but works from sun-up until sundown, as well as does his wife, have very busy lives with their own committments/obligations.

My son comes once every couple weeks to mow & trim one acre of maintained lawn at my house. My x came to my house when I wasn't home back in March, took the John Deere lawn mower, trimmer, other items & sold them...again disobeying a court order. He came again the end of April when I was gone. He has been informed since, if he comes to the house again...he will be arrested...so far so good. I was awarded residential possession of the house, he was awarded 50% equity when it's sold, if it sells that is, since it's now been for sale well over a year. We've not lived together nor married in 1 1/2 yrs., but he doesn't comprehend he doesn't have the legal right to come to my private home, help himself.

My kids are having their own hardships with who their father became the last 3 years...I won't burden them more than helping me once every couple of weeks with a trip to town, maintaining the lawn. They can't feasibly, nor will I allow them to care for my survival needs more than that.

Complicating matters further...my x husband doesn't obey a single court order related to our divorce, hasn't for several months. This includes not paying me back the court awarded investment compensation...which is compensation for the income I earned & invested in him, our homes, our life for 27 years during my career working years. The last 10 yrs of our 37 yrs married...I worked at home building this house. I've not worked out of the home in 10 yrs, with exception of selling on Ebay occasionally items we no longer used, needed, or wanted.

I'll be 54 yrs old. It isn't simple finding a job in my career field at my age, not having worked outside the home for 10 yrs., nor with living in a rural environment now. I'm a retired interior designer, with emphasis on historic architecture renovation/restoration, as well educated in home building. Also, a baker, caterer, former business owner.

I have 10 to 1 the hours & money invested in this house he does, but I fairly split it with him 50/50. He was the one who wanted me to close my business' in the mid 90's, sell our previous home, & build this empty nester. I happily agreed, his reasons were logical & feasible. I was ready to slow down, having worked since I was 8 yrs old, washing neighbors windows with vinegar/newspapers, then babysitting when old enough for neighbors. I married him right out of high school at 17, worked in a factory, lost half a finger at that job...worked various other jobs while taking classes driving back & forth to KC when possible, as well...had our two kids & raised them. I went into business for myself designing in the early 80's, remained self employed until closing my Tearoom in 1997. We began building this house in Spring of 1998.

I was the GC on this house, engineered the structure, designed the floor plan, mapped out rough in electrical, plumbing...I braced every roof rafter by myself, laid every stone foundation bed & motared by myself, sanded & finished by hand every inch of woodwork, flooring, cabinetry...had many blood blisters on my hands/fingers, sacrificed joints, have scars from building this house. I could go on, but my point is I didn't just sit at home & do nothing while he worked outside the home the last 10 yrs of our marriage. I worked hard builidng & finishing this house daily.

The divorce atty. will not represent me without income to pay his fees, most atty's won't. My x is self employed, hides income & assets to where his income can't be accessed by holding him in contempt, even if I could find an atty to take him to court attempting to enforce the court orders.

For the last 2 yrs of marriage, my x deceitfully & dishonestly destroyed everything we built together financially...including retirement savings, whole term life insurance policies he cashed in, etc.. It's all gone. Our previous home was paid for, & we used that equity, of which I invested much in from my earnings to restore our previous home...to buy this 80 acres & build. This home & land is debt free...oh but there's more deceit to come!

My x lied about paying his business sales taxes after he lost his mind, owes the state for the last 3 yrs...nor did he pay the property taxes on our land & home the last 3 yrs.. He also did not, and still hasn't filed his business income taxes for the yrs 2006 through last year, 2009, likely won't for 2010 either. The IRS & State have notified him time & time again, demanding he file his returns...he ignores those requests.

We kept our business' separate during our marriage, I was never on his business accounts as an owner, nor did I have access to his business records, accounts, etc.. However, he's not incorporated, so guess what? They can seize my home, sell it for taxes he owes...if it doesn't sell first. I can file an appeal after they sell it for taxes, under the innocent spousal act, reclaim my 50% equity, as I have the evidence to prove innocence...and it's also court ordered in the divorce, stating I was deceived & unaware of any business taxes he owed, he's responsible...but that could take a very long time with government red tape proceedure. So the atty tells me I'm basically screwed if my house doesn't sell prior to a tax seize & sale.

My entire lifetime of hard physical work, financial investment, sacrifices professionally & personally...have been wiped out by my x husbands insanity...all behind my back dishonestly over 3 yrs of insanity. I wasn't a complete idiot...he became very good at lying, decieving me & our kids. If I suspected or questioned him...he was abusive, I wasn't even allowed to leave my house without fear of retaliation...he decided I was too stupid to drive. He became a stealth abuser by professionals definition...fooled many people. He abused me physically, emotionally, financially, & sexually for two years. Indirectly, he still does abuse me in some aspects, & has the last 1 1/2 yrs not married.

I might add, as a matter of public legal records...that my x for over a year has lived with a truck stop prostitute, lot lizard is the common term, he met her while she was soliciting sex at the truck stop she clerked part time at. He moved in with her one week after moving out of our home. She's also been employed throughout life as a night club stripper...is an addict, with a criminal & violent history. She moved to town to enter a local rehab facility, but she was kicked out for failing to remain sober.

My kids found out through the grapevine...he either married, or is going to marry her. He is, or will be her 6th husband according to what he told the kids when confronted. He said, her book of bad life deeds is full, but she promised to change her ways for him. She absorbs his income, & has since they moved in together.

My kids are traumatized by who their dad has become, a few times have broken down in tears, because their dad isn't their dad any longer. All I can do is give them my love & emotional support, they sure don't need me as a burden, or intrusion upon their daily committments & obligations.

Literally at times over the last few months...I've faced being without electricity, food, water, & phone. I have no TV, no satellite service, no transportaion, I ration food, do my best to conserve, yet still have a remote existance, social life...thankfully due to a couple very close friends & my kids, as well as perk blessings for volunteer efforts now & then related to Kid Rock's world.

During the last 3 yrs, not only did my x suffer a heart attack scare driving him insane shortly after, my marriage of 37 yrs end, life as I knew it end...but I also lost my little brother Ricky to Kidney Disease, and my beloved dog Lily to a seizure disorder. Both of whom I was their caretaker, & loved very much.

Priceless? The only things that are truely priceless to me is my soul, which I promised to God many years ago, as well, priceless are my kids, my family & friends I love & care about, my memories...the rest in life is pretty much valueless by comparison.

I'm selling what I need to...as a matter of life survival, literally. :)

I have more Chiefs items to post for sale, but will need to begin again after I get some much needed rest. I do wanna share something with y'all first though...a part of my history beyond Chiefs, haha. For privacy & legality reasons, I respectively blocked out my x's name/business. :)

Once upon a time...

I'm sorry, I was more being sarcastic. Of course it isn't priceless!

I'm sorry, I was more being sarcastic. Of course it isn't priceless!
    It's all good Ryfo...just felt the need to clairfy the situation I'm in leaves me little choice with attempting to survive. A year ago, it would've hurt more, than it does now to part with my Chiefs collection. I've become complacent to sacrificing & losing what remains of a life that once was, as a result of others bad & failed choices.

I'm emotionally detached from my once married life, with exception of my kids/grandkids...ready to move to Kansas City and begin a new life for 'me' this time around.

Who knows, maybe someday my case will help change laws, to where a spouse, male or female...is defended & protected more legally from losing everything they worked a lifetime for simply because they were married to someone turned bad.

Connie, will you be accepting bids via PM or in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Connie, will you be accepting bids via PM or in this thread?
    To me it doesn't matter personally which way it's done, I just wanted to be fair to everyone. I said to PM me, because I didn't know if those making offers wanted to do so publicly. I'll do it whichever way the majority feels is appropriate.

Also, I'm donating 10% of the total sales to the Chiefs Crowd website...at my insistance...wasn't asked to, nor was it suggested I do so. I won't have it any other way, as without donating would feel I'm taking advantage of the website for self benefit. This is a free website, of which I know has costs involved for Coach, others donating time to moderate, etc.. It will be my privilege to donate, even if on a small scale, having a way to do so, and allows me to maintain self respect.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-05-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: 'y' key stuck! :)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast