Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herms Gone, Is Cowher Out?

Default Herms Gone, Is Cowher Out?

Now that Herms is gone, I would say that pretty much closes the deal for bringing Cowher in as HC next year. You can't bring Haley in for only a year and say sorry, didn't work out... So I am guessing Cowher was never on the table. Not too many people will sign a one year contract, it's just not worth it. Unless? What do you think?

If we do get Cowher then Cowher will want to have to come back to coaching..

right now hes seems pretty content just analyzing..

Cowhers not coming back any time soon, maybe 2010..

All signs point to - yes he is out

All hope points to - no he is not out

Cowher's reason for staying put is his daughter is in high school and she graduates this year. But that still doesn't guarantee he will even come back to coach. Once those guys get in the broadcasting booth, life is pretty easy compared to being a head coach. Quite honestly, I'll be content with anyone(other than Gailey) that Pioli picks for head coach. I like Haley, although he lacks definitive head coaching experience. I like Shanahan too. I'd take Shanahan's career winning percentage of .616 over Herm's .488 anyday.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I would take either or. I like Haley, I like Cowher even more. I can't stand Shanarat but he is a good head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    All signs point to - yes he is out

All hope points to - no he is not out
    Exactly.

They said on NFLN that Cowher is the name at the top of the list. But they didn't say whether or not Cowher would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    They said on NFLN that Cowher is the name at the top of the list. But they didn't say whether or not Cowher would be interested.

He hasn't specifically said no to the Chiefs job, but he did say on the Rome show a couple of days ago that he won't coach until his daughter graduates which I believe is next year.

I think it would be very unlikely at this point that he could be named as the coach. But I'm still hopeful.

If the Chiefs got some guarantee from Cowher that he'd accept the job next season, I think the Chiefs will wait and keep Gailey for the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If the Chiefs got some guarantee from Cowher that he'd accept the job next season, I think the Chiefs will wait and keep Gailey for the interim.
    At this point, it's probably the best case scenario for Chief fans wanting Cowher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast