Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to talk some Chiefs football

Default Time to talk some Chiefs football

So the offseason has been a very busy one for me but it's finally coming to a close and training camp is quickly coming. It's time to talk some things Chiefs.

1. We have to start with the over-sized elephant in the room Tyreek Hill. I think there is only one thing certain that Hill is going to get an suspension. Many might not agree with this. But I think it's coming. I have heard nothing to prove either side of this but it brought negative attention to the league. And we have seen before no charges filed but a suspension. I think that's what going to be the outcome of the Hill case. As for my opinion of Hill I won't lie it has changed from what it was before this. I learned a long time ago not to buy into the athlete but cheer the play. If Hill plays this year I will keep doing that. I wasn't there I don't know what the hell happened. I have said on a few platforms I really wish the Chiefs would look to get something for him. While they can. And there's still a large part of me that feels that way. I just don't think at this point the Chiefs or any other team can just assume nothing else will happen with him. That's just my thoughts on this whole thing. But I'm going to be one of those people who say that I'm done if Hill is on the Chiefs. I am a Chiefs fan that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of anyone on the team. I don't dislike Hill in anyway. I just simply would not be as mad as I would of been before this if they moved him. I don't think that it's going to happen. My guess is 6 games and then Hill is back. But it's the NFL so you never know what's going to happen. Just my thoughts on this whole mess.

2. Ok now lets get to the football MAN am I excited to see the DEFENSE. I ranted throughout last season that I thought the coaching was the biggest flaw on that side of the ball. The fact that Andy Reid started the year with Bob Sutton as the DC was bad but then to never fire him during the season when it was pretty damn clear that it needed to be done could have very well been a fireable offense. I have over the course of the last two years been a little sour on Reid for just things like this. BUT this year I am pumped to see what the defense will look like. I don't think the talent last year was bottom of the league and think they have improved talent wise. Dee Ford was good but he wasn't Frank Clark. And hopefully they actually get some decent coaching and the disicpline is better. with less penalties. Coaching is a huge part of the game. Look at the first half of the AFC title game and you see it slapping you across the face. This years coaching I believe will be MUCH improved and the defense will be much better. Maybe not top of the league but they won't have to be that. Just able to get stops when they really have to have them. And this will be a much better year. I am excited about this part of the team unlike last year.

3. The offense. Lets just take a moment and be real. There is not a great chance that Mahomes goes for another 50tds. That was a special season last year and they don't happen that often. I think he will be high 30s at least maybe into the lower 40s but 50 is a lot to ask. I don't think that they are going to score as many points as they did a year ago. Last year a lot of things just went right for the Chiefs on the offense. I think we are going to see a little bit of a step back from them. Hill being possibly gone for at least part of the year isn't going to make matters better. What I want to see is just consistency from them. I wasn't expecting last year to go the way that it did. I fully expected more growing pains for Mahomes so maybe I will be surprised again and they will be able to match what they did a year ago. I know I am excited to see what Micole Hardman can do. You match more speed and Mahome's arm and just look at the defense and say good luck.

I go into every year looking for a reason to think that the Chiefs will be able to contend. Some years it takes a lot of talking myself into. After last year it was really easy to do this year. With the bulk of the young core back and the improvements on what really cost them last season I really think this is going to be a great year baring a Mahomes injury. I am very excited to see what happens and pumped to start seeing things from training camp.GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree wholeheartedly about what you saying about the Offense. Last year they kind of caught lightning in a bottle & surprised everybody. This year is a whole different entity from last year & I'm still uncertain about the Chiefs RB situation. On paper, it doesn't appear the Chiefs really got a replacement for Kareem Hunt during the off-season, nor did they get a viable 2nd TE. They did add another speed WR in Hardman, but he may need time to develop & get used to pro ball, and the O-Line cannot afford a rash of injuries.

Defensively, two of the biggest additions were clearly by subtraction -- specifically Bob Sutton and Eric Berry -- as they both had to go. The additions of Clarke and Mathieu, plus rookies Thornhill and Saunders will hopefully inject some life into a unit that was pretty much dead scrimmage fodder. They have nowhere to go but up, as last year was completely dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly about what you saying about the Offense. Last year they kind of caught lightning in a bottle & surprised everybody. This year is a whole different entity from last year & I'm still uncertain about the Chiefs RB situation. On paper, it doesn't appear the Chiefs really got a replacement for Kareem Hunt during the off-season, nor did they get a viable 2nd TE. They did add another speed WR in Hardman, but he may need time to develop & get used to pro ball, and the O-Line cannot afford a rash of injuries.

Defensively, two of the biggest additions were clearly by subtraction -- specifically Bob Sutton and Eric Berry -- as they both had to go. The additions of Clarke and Mathieu, plus rookies Thornhill and Saunders will hopefully inject some life into a unit that was pretty much dead scrimmage fodder. They have nowhere to go but up, as last year was completely dismal.
    The TE thing is a way more of a worry for me then the RB. Lets face it Andy Reid the RB position in the big games isn't what it would be for other teams in his pass happy offense. It's been one of his weaker points. But having a 2nd TE could be way more effective in an Andy Reid offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

TE #2 Should be covered with the additions of Blake Bell and Neal Stearling both are big and Athletic blocking TE's, with good hands and decent speed something Demetrius Harris dare I say never had.

Defence with the additions of Thornhill, Mathieu, Saunders I think that makes a guy like Xavier Williams expendable on cut day. Have Mathieu close to the box and Thornhill running deep play to there strengths. I've heard that Ragland is gonna be the weak side LB, Hitchens is the Mike LB and Dorian O'Daniel is the Sam LB. Breshaud Breeland Kendall Fuller Are gonna nail down the slot and outside we need Charvarius Ward to continue where he left off last year with his excellent play, that's probably why they didn't draft anybody.

First off Hill didn't break his kids arm it was proven to be the result of an accident, I think she is a list and has been setting him up since 2014 just to get money out of him. From what I've been hearing of the Hill case the last few days Hill is looking at 2 games or no suspension at all.

Don't sleep on Damien Williams at RB my prediction is he will get 1500 yards from scrimmage this year by way of 1000 yards rushings and 500 yards receiving. We won't miss Hunt one bit trust me, just look at the body of work from the last 6 games of last season as proof and the playoffs he carried us in New England.

I agree 100% about Xavier Williams. Baring a big camp and preseason I could very well see them moving him one way or another

I am also very interested to see more from Ward. He got in late and while he did have some young player moments he also had some pretty nice moments as well. With better coaching and again I don't think that it could get worse then Bob Sutton's I am interested to see if he makes a leap this season.

Regarding Hill I know he didn't break his son's arm. In fact from what I've read that wasn't even what they were investgating. What happened I have no idea. Who did what can't tell you. I think he's getting at least 4 games. The NFL will want to come down hard just for the PR. I am afraid that he's going to get a year ban. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree on Williams running I am going to have to see him match what Hunt did receiving that ball. That's where I think we could miss Hunt a little.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    First off Hill didn't break his kids arm it was proven to be the result of an accident, I think she is a list and has been setting him up since 2014 just to get money out of him. From what I've been hearing of the Hill case the last few days Hill is looking at 2 games or no suspension at all.

Don't sleep on Damien Williams at RB my prediction is he will get 1500 yards from scrimmage this year by way of 1000 yards rushings and 500 yards receiving. We won't miss Hunt one bit trust me, just look at the body of work from the last 6 games of last season as proof and the playoffs he carried us in New England.
    I don't think Goddel has any choice but to suspend Hill given previous precedents he has established. Hills comments in the video was enough based on those precedents.

I think Cleveland will find out that Hunt is good, but being in this offense made him look great. Williams performed better than Hunt after he left.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree 100% about Xavier Williams. Baring a big camp and preseason I could very well see them moving him one way or another

I am also very interested to see more from Ward. He got in late and while he did have some young player moments he also had some pretty nice moments as well. With better coaching and again I don't think that it could get worse then Bob Sutton's I am interested to see if he makes a leap this season.

Regarding Hill I know he didn't break his son's arm. In fact from what I've read that wasn't even what they were investgating. What happened I have no idea. Who did what can't tell you. I think he's getting at least 4 games. The NFL will want to come down hard just for the PR. I am afraid that he's going to get a year ban. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree on Williams running I am going to have to see him match what Hunt did receiving that ball. That's where I think we could miss Hunt a little.
    Just go back to the AFC championship game. Williams is a huge reason we came back and took the lead. He killed the Pats the second half mostly in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    ..... Williams performed better than Hunt after he left.
    THAT is a completely falsely constructed scenario. It's one thing to say "Williams performed admirably after Hunt left & well enough to warrant a further looksee in 2019" -- because that much is true. But, to say "Williams performed better than Hunt after he left" is completely FALSE.

People's Exhibit A:

The AFC Championship Game -- Williams was NOWHERE near as effective at running the ball from scrimmage against the Pats Defense as Hunt had been in the previous two encounters. Go look at the numbers and game footage & you will see indisputable proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    THAT is a completely falsely constructed scenario. It's one thing to say "Williams performed admirably after Hunt left & well enough to warrant a further looksee in 2019" -- because that much is true. But, to say "Williams performed better than Hunt after he left" is completely FALSE.

People's Exhibit A:

The AFC Championship Game -- Williams was NOWHERE near as effective at running the ball from scrimmage against the Pats Defense as Hunt had been in the previous two encounters. Go look at the numbers and game footage & you will see indisputable proof of this.
    To me that's on Andy Reid. Lets be real here for a minute the offense in the big games has always had struggles. Even the first half of the AFCCG.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast