Thursday, September 19, 7:25 CDT
    at
    Lincoln Financial Field

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Television coverage:

NFL Network

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Actually the latest lines have the Chiefs listed as 3 to 3.5 point underdogs. I may have misread it when I was setting up the thread. Does that make you feel better about the game.

You make a good point, but Dallas has a much better defense than the Eagles do and we didn't need to score to beat the Jaguars. Philly is giving up 30 points per game. They are ranked 30th in yards allowed and 31 in passing yards allowed. It should be easy to move the ball against them and if we have long sustained drives we keep their dangerous offense off the field.

I don't see the Eagles putting the same kind of pressure on our o-line that Dallas did. I'm sure they will try, but they don't have the talent. Hopefully our young o-line will continue to get better each week. I expect to see continued improvement tonight.

There is no telling what will happen, but the Eagles haven't faced a defense like ours yet. If the Chiefs stay disciplined and can get pressure on Vick, without letting him escape the pocket, I think we can get the Eagles offense off the field. I hope so anyway.

Agreed. I think the Chiefs will score almost every time they get the ball and if they can just stop the Eagles two or 3 times, I think we can win this game. I see our defense slowing down Philly's fast paced offense and playing especially well in the red zone, limiting the Eagles to field goals on a couple of occasions. A turnover or two (in our favor) will probably be the difference in this game.

My prediction:
    Chiefs 24
    Eagles 20
    THANKS TopekaRoy!!!! If Vegas has us as dogs then that does make me feel better!!! A lot going on in this game.

I think your 24-20 score is optimistic. I have a hard time seeing us holding them to under 24 points. All in all, I think it will take us a minimum of 24 points to stay in this game though I think 28 should win it for us.

I'm hoping for......

Chiefs.............28
    Iggles.............27

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    THANKS TopekaRoy!!!! If Vegas has us as dogs then that does make me feel better!!! A lot going on in this game.

I think your 24-20 score is optimistic. I have a hard time seeing us holding them to under 24 points. All in all, I think it will take us a minimum of 24 points to stay in this game though I think 28 should win it for us.

I'm hoping for......

Chiefs.............28
    Iggles.............27
    I agree. The Philly O-Line is pretty good & the Chiefs Defense cannot afford to make mistakes.

I'm hoping that the Chiefs are an underdog against the Giants when they come back to Arrowhead in week 4. Historically, the Giants have shown nothing but their best when playing the Chiefs and I do not expect the matchup in week 4 to be any different. The Chiefs have only beaten the Giants once & just barely in 1995.

Philly has won the last 3 games against the Chiefs, so maybe the Chiefs are due to take them down & the last time Alex Smith went up against the Eagles in Philly, he engineered a great come-from-behind victory. So, it'll be interesting.

My concern is BFlo being hurt, hope if he does play he don't get put on display like last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    My concern is BFlo being hurt, hope if he does play he don't get put on display like last week...
    Agreed.....we're going to need everything we have firing on al 8 cylinders this week....especially our defense.

I'm hoping for......

Chiefs.............28
    Iggles.............27
    You may very well be right. The Chargers held them to 30 a week after giving up 31 to the Texans and I think our defense is significantly better than the Chargers defense. The Cowboys scored 36 against the Giants and we held them to only 16 so I have a lot of confidence in our defense. They will give up a good number of passes and yards, but it's really hard to score touchdowns against our defense. In the "red zone" with much less field to cover they lock down on teams and keep them out of the end zone. they have only given up one TD in two games!

Maybe I'm giving our D too much credit, but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree. The Philly O-Line is pretty good & the Chiefs Defense cannot afford to make mistakes.

I'm hoping that the Chiefs are an underdog against the Giants when they come back to Arrowhead in week 4. Historically, the Giants have shown nothing but their best when playing the Chiefs and I do not expect the matchup in week 4 to be any different. The Chiefs have only beaten the Giants once & just barely in 1995.
    Ancient history. The Giants will have to play much better Sunday than they have their last two games for us to be an underdog at home (unless we just look terrible tonight). I think we'll be okay against the Giants, though.

Philly has won the last 3 games against the Chiefs, so maybe the Chiefs are due to take them down & the last time Alex Smith went up against the Eagles in Philly, he engineered a great come-from-behind victory. So, it'll be interesting.
    We have something for this game that we didn't have in the last 3 match-ups; a head coach who was with the Eagles for 14 years! I think Reid knows where the Eagles weaknesses are better than anybody (maybe even better than Chip Kelly, himself). I'm hoping that will give us an edge and he will find a way to exploit those weaknesses.

I can't wait to see what happens!

But I don't have a time machine (yet!) so I guess I will have to.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Ancient history. The Giants will have to play much better Sunday than they have their last two games for us to be an underdog at home (unless we just look terrible tonight). I think we'll be okay against the Giants, though.
    Ancient history, my aching Aunt Fannie !! We are talking TOTAL history, here. The Giants have ALWAYS given the Chiefs a rough time, regardless of how good or bad both teams were coming into the game.

You would do well to expect the Giants to show nothing but their best, when they come to Arrowhead in week 4, regardless of how good or bad the Giants play in their first 3 games.

You may very well be right. The Chargers held them to 30 a week after giving up 31 to the Texans and I think our defense is significantly better than the Chargers defense. The Cowboys scored 36 against the Giants and we held them to only 16 so I have a lot of confidence in our defense. They will give up a good number of passes and yards, but it's really hard to score touchdowns against our defense. In the "red zone" with much less field to cover they lock down on teams and keep them out of the end zone. they have only given up one TD in two games!
    No doubt in my mind that our D is better than the Dolts. I'm just worried about facing this hurry up offense that we are not familiar with with so little time to really watch tapes. Just nervous I guess.

Maybe I'm giving our D too much credit, but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.
    I don't think you are giving the D too much credit. They have been STOUT! I'm just worried about them facing a style of offense they haven't gone up against before. I'm pretty confident that after the half we'll make adjustments and put a headlock on them and squeeze until their brains pop out their ears....just worried about the first half and how many points they may run up then.

Agreed. If we beat Philthy tonight I think we sweep the NFC East.

We have something for this game that we didn't have in the last 3 match-ups; a head coach who was with the Eagles for 14 years! I think Reid knows where the Eagles weaknesses are better than anybody (maybe even better than Chip Kelly, himself). I'm hoping that will give us an edge and he will find a way to exploit those weaknesses.
    Agreed. I'm just worried about this hurry-up offense. I think it somewhat negates the advantage Reid gives us....add to that the whole thing of retiring McNabb's number tonight and I think Philthy is going to be seriously fired up tonight.

I can't wait to see what happens!

But I don't have a time machine (yet!) so I guess I will have to.
    Yeah.....I just want game time to get here. I think we have a good shot of winning this one.....just very very nervous.

We are talking TOTAL history, here. The Giants have ALWAYS given the Chiefs a rough time, regardless of how good or bad both teams were coming into the game.
    Why do you think that is? What is it about the Giants being the Giants that gives them an edge? Both teams are completely different than they were 12 or 8 years ago. I don't see how what happened then has any bearing on what will happen this year.

Ancient history, my aching Aunt Fannie !! We are talking TOTAL history, here. The Giants have ALWAYS given the Chiefs a rough time, regardless of how good or bad both teams were coming into the game.

You would do well to expect the Giants to show nothing but their best, when they come to Arrowhead in week 4, regardless of how good or bad the Giants play in their first 3 games.
    While I usually agree with you, I think tonight will actually decide the game against the Gints. If we win tonight then I think we DOMINATE the Gints at home and sweep the NFC East.

I'm pretty confident that after the half we'll make adjustments and put a headlock on them and squeeze until their brains pop out their ears ...
    I LOVE the image that puts in my head!

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast