Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NFL Free Agency | Around the League

Default NFL Free Agency | Around the League

Just Starting a thread for Free agent News other then the Chiefs. Feel free to post it all here....

Vincent Jackson looks like he is moving to the Bucs

and

Pier Garcon has announced he is signing with the Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yes I am serious. The Backups did better than you expect backups to do.

And, as the season progressed they got better, and better.

But I see not a single 100 yard game in all of the samples you brought to show how terrible they played.

Those numbers imply strong play from these guys. The only reason the position appeared to be such a weakness was because our backups were starting, and because our CBs were terrific.
    I'm not being wishy-washy here, but I actually agree somewhat with both of you. We didn't give up 100+ yards to anyone but the yards per catch was ridiculously high in a lot of cases. Our back-ups did get better as the season progressed, but I think that was partly due to adjustments Crennel made to give them help.

Hopefully, they continue to improve this year, but I still think it would be a good idea to add depth. I wouldn't feel bad if Sabby lost his roster spot to a better player.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yes I am serious. The Backups did better than you expect backups to do.

And, as the season progressed they got better, and better.

But I see not a single 100 yard game in all of the samples you brought to show how terrible they played.

Those numbers imply strong play from these guys. The only reason the position appeared to be such a weakness was because our backups were starting, and because our CBs were terrific.
    Did you not see the part in my post that metioned that just about every game, the opponents leading reciever, or close to leading reciever was their TE's or a slot reciever...Not their #1WR's..Our corners can shut down just about any receiver in the NFL (we will see with Routt)

But I am saying that teams knew our weakness on D was our safety play, and covering TE's, and they attacked it. Don't get me wrong, I think our Defense is the strength of our team, but I do feel we need to do something about our coverage on TE's and add safety depth, and coverage LB depth.

just because a TE doesn't have a 100+ yd receiving day doesn't mean he didn't have a good game...They took advantage of a weakness of our defense, and that's the impact it has on the games.

Bears sign ex-Trader RB Michael Bush.

Chicago Bears Sign Michael Bush; Matt Forte Not Happy About It

This is the third year in a row the Bears have signed a solid backup for Forte. In 2010 it was Chester Taylor. Last year it was Marion Barber. (he will probably be released).

Forte has already threatened to hold out if they can't get a deal signed ...

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Bears sign ex-Trader RB Michael Bush.

Chicago Bears Sign Michael Bush; Matt Forte Not Happy About It

This is the third year in a row the Bears have signed a solid backup for Forte. In 2010 it was Chester Taylor. Last year it was Marion Barber. (he will probably be released).

Forte has already threatened to hold out if they can't get a deal signed ...
    Marion Barber, might not be a bad back to add here... Not that he's what he once was in dallas, but he can pound it, and catch out of the backfield similar to Hillis.

Couldn't complain about having him as a 3rd rb, although I think it would be more likely to draft a guy like Vick Balard in the 4th-5th. Wouldn't cause issues if the guy had to be on the practice squad, plus he is younger and fresher legs...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Marion Barber, might not be a bad back to add here... Not that he's what he once was in dallas, but he can pound it, and catch out of the backfield similar to Hillis.

Couldn't complain about having him as a 3rd rb, although I think it would be more likely to draft a guy like Vick Balard in the 4th-5th. Wouldn't cause issues if the guy had to be on the practice squad, plus he is younger and fresher legs...
    He (Barber) was good as a back-up for the Bears. When Forte got hurt and he had to be the primary back he didn't do well. I wouldn't mind seeing him come to KC for depth, but I don't think he would get much playing time now that we have Hillis.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    He (Barber) was good as a back-up for the Bears. When Forte got hurt and he had to be the primary back he didn't do well. I wouldn't mind seeing him come to KC for depth, but I don't think he would get much playing time now that we have Hillis.
    Never Mind that. Saw on the ESPN ticker that he is retiring haha

Never Mind that. Saw on the ESPN ticker that he is retiring haha
    That was quick!

Oh, well. No big loss. He helped my Bears out a little bit last year, but there are a lot of guys that can do what he did.

Did you not see the part in my post that metioned that just about every game, the opponents leading reciever, or close to leading reciever was their TE's or a slot reciever...Not their #1WR's..Our corners can shut down just about any receiver in the NFL (we will see with Routt)

But I am saying that teams knew our weakness on D was our safety play, and covering TE's, and they attacked it. Don't get me wrong, I think our Defense is the strength of our team, but I do feel we need to do something about our coverage on TE's and add safety depth, and coverage LB depth.

just because a TE doesn't have a 100+ yd receiving day doesn't mean he didn't have a good game...They took advantage of a weakness of our defense, and that's the impact it has on the games.
    Well, for my money, getting Berry back fixes the depth problem by moving all of the other guys down on the depth chart.

Those guys were solid last season, with Berry out.