Robert Griffin 6-2 220lbs Injury Prone/Mobile/Acurate
    3 Years 9590yards, Avg.Comp 66% 73TD 17INT 17Sacks

Andrew Luck 6-4 230lbs Protypical Frame/Durable/Acurate
    3 Years 9083 Yards Avg. Comp 66% 80TD 21INT 21Sacks

Matt Barkley 6-2 220lbs Accurate under pressure/Durable
    3 years 9054 yards Avg. Comp 64% 80TD 33INT 41Sacks

Landry Jones 6-4 230lbs Deep Threat/Durable/Pro style Off
    3 Years 12218 yards Avg. Comp 62% 92TD 40INT 39Sacks

All four of these quarterbacks will be gone by the 13th selection in the first round. In my opinion based on schools, stats, size, and ability Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are the best fit for Kansas City. However Luck will be the first off the board and since Jacksonville and Washington both like mobile quaterbacks Matt Barkley and RG3 will both be selected by our pick if Landry Jones falls to Kansas City there is no reason on GODS green Earth we should pass on him. There is now position on NFL team that is more important than a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by turner_robert View Post
    Robert Griffin 6-2 220lbs Injury Prone/Mobile/Acurate
    3 Years 9590yards, Avg.Comp 66% 73TD 17INT 17Sacks

Andrew Luck 6-4 230lbs Protypical Frame/Durable/Acurate
    3 Years 9083 Yards Avg. Comp 66% 80TD 21INT 21Sacks

Matt Barkley 6-2 220lbs Accurate under pressure/Durable
    3 years 9054 yards Avg. Comp 64% 80TD 33INT 41Sacks

Landry Jones 6-4 230lbs Deep Threat/Durable/Pro style Off
    3 Years 12218 yards Avg. Comp 62% 92TD 40INT 39Sacks

All four of these quarterbacks will be gone by the 13th selection in the first round. In my opinion based on schools, stats, size, and ability Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are the best fit for Kansas City. However Luck will be the first off the board and since Jacksonville and Washington both like mobile quaterbacks Matt Barkley and RG3 will both be selected by our pick if Landry Jones falls to Kansas City there is no reason on GODS green Earth we should pass on him. There is now position on NFL team that is more important than a QB.
    Completely agree Landry Jones would be an amazing pick for the Chiefs

I'd take any one of the 4 if they are available, but not if we have to give up draft picks in order to move up to get him. We can't afford to give up any draft picks with our lack of depth. In fact I think it might be better to trade down and pick up more draft pics if a team gives us a good offer.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

27 TD's to 7 Int last year.
    Like a 60% completion percentage. Not great, but not terrible.
    Made the Pro Bowl.

His offensive was completely changed this year, plus he lost his two prized weapons in the first week of the season. Again, changing the entire offense.

Why are we so set on getting rid of him?

I agree, Matt Cassel probably isn't a quarterback that is going to lead us to the superbowl. But he will certainly take us into the playoffs.

I really don't want to play the game next year. Either having a rookie quarterback play or have everyone screaming for the rookie to play every time Cassel makes a mistake.

I think we have the players at the skilled positions on both sides of the ball. Lets concentrate on building the lines to let them work.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if cassel cant get us to the super bowl, why keep him? who wants to just make it to the playoffs? the goal is the super bowl, that is the final goal of all teams. its like finding the woman of your dreams,finally after years of asking her out, she says yes. you walk up to her door get asked to come in but you already have.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    if cassel cant get us to the super bowl, why keep him? who wants to just make it to the playoffs? the goal is the super bowl, that is the final goal of all teams. its like finding the woman of your dreams,finally after years of asking her out, she says yes. you walk up to her door get asked to come in but you already have.
    A little confused by your analogy but I agree. We haven't won a superbowl in almost 50 years. I have come to the realization that because of the rules protecting the QB's and WR's that if you don't have an elite QB it's very hard to win a superbowl Cassel is not elite is average to maybe slightly above average.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 12-14-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    27 TD's to 7 Int last year.
    Like a 60% completion percentage. Not great, but not terrible.
    Made the Pro Bowl.

His offensive was completely changed this year, plus he lost his two prized weapons in the first week of the season. Again, changing the entire offense.

Why are we so set on getting rid of him?

I agree, Matt Cassel probably isn't a quarterback that is going to lead us to the superbowl. But he will certainly take us into the playoffs.

I really don't want to play the game next year. Either having a rookie quarterback play or have everyone screaming for the rookie to play every time Cassel makes a mistake.

I think we have the players at the skilled positions on both sides of the ball. Lets concentrate on building the lines to let them work.
    To me that's the same formula for Marty ball. Have a good season every year but get knocked out in the playoffs. No thanks, I'd rather draft a QB to put into development and have the controversy of if the new guy will take us to the Super Bowl.

I would like Luck, Jones, Barkley & Griffin in that order. I don't see us reaching for Luck, but it could be nice, therefore I've been day-dreaming on Landry Jones for the past bit. Who knows, ideas could change before the draft but he's the one on my radar at the moment.

How about just trade the first pick for Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    How about just trade the first pick for Manning?
    Hell no!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast