Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 point conversion

Default 2 point conversion

what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Oh and I am officially on the Tyler Thigpen bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree with the call. It's easy to second guess. But I like giving your guys a chance to win instead of leaving it to a coinflip. If we lose the coinflip, the defense is in shambles due to injuries and we lose the game. If we win the coinflip, we still have to drive the length of the field. Considering the Chiefs punted 4 of the last 5 possessions, I think he made the right call.

I am happy with the Chiefs performance again this week. I wish they had gotten the win, but thems the breaks. If we can get the defense healthy, this team will win some games. No doubt in my mind.
    hallelujah!

seconded on thigpen bandwagon. can't be thrilled enough to see a quarterback that can play as well as an emerging #2 receiver. let's say this team comes together and TG sticks with us a few more years. woo baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Oh and I am officially on the Tyler Thigpen bandwagon.
    I always was! Glad to see him growing into what I belive he can and will be.

Didn't the Chiefs stop SD to get the ball back and drive for that last TD, what makes you think they couldn't do it again in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    this is the quote we'd see from 95% of chief fans given herm edwards went for OT and still lost thanks to a coint flip.
    I might begin to agree, if you could give me a single instance in NFL history when a fanbase booed the decision to take a game into overtime over going for two.

I couldn't think of one either.

Just because you lose a coin flip doesn't mean you lose the game. Missing the 2 point conversion means you LOSE!

The only mistake made was Thigpen trying to force it in to Gonzo when Bradley had a chance to squeeze it in. It's okay though, he's young and he'll make that play the more experience he gets. If you blame Herm for this loss or the way the Chiefs have lost in the past two weeks, you're delusional. He HAD to make that call. You don't go on the road and expect to win in overtime with a defense as beat up as ours. It was clear that our offense didn't have too many big drives left either. Good call, Herm. Sorry it didn't work out. Some of you fans might not believe in what Herm is doing but the players obviously do and that's why they're playing better than any incarnation of this team has in recent past. You can look at our record and say we're a pitiful team and blame the coach etc. but if you can't see by now that the youth movement is starting to work, then you're blind.

I miss the days when we could just send Priest over the top like we did in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    The only mistake made was Thigpen trying to force it in to Gonzo when Bradley had a chance to squeeze it in. It's okay though, he's young and he'll make that play the more experience he gets. If you blame Herm for this loss or the way the Chiefs have lost in the past two weeks, you're delusional. He HAD to make that call. You don't go on the road and expect to win in overtime with a defense as beat up as ours. It was clear that our offense didn't have too many big drives left either. Good call, Herm. Sorry it didn't work out. Some of you fans might not believe in what Herm is doing but the players obviously do and that's why they're playing better than any incarnation of this team has in recent past. You can look at our record and say we're a pitiful team and blame the coach etc. but if you can't see by now that the youth movement is starting to work, then you're blind.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    We may have the worst defense in the NFL. Despite a +9 advantage in turnovers and leads in the past three games as halftime, we're 0-3. Our OC is one of the best in the game and is making the offense work. Our HC and DC are doing their best to undo his good work.

That's what I see.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast