Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Ravens -- AGAIN !!

Default Go Ravens -- AGAIN !!

Beat those Donkeys and make them start 0-1.

I think the Donks defense is going to suck this year.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-05-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Even that fumble the ravens had to go 80 yards so that really doesn't matter and if Clark holds on to the ball it would have been over 30 points to a team that has very little at WR I wouldn't feel all that great about there d right now but it's early and they were without guys
    Well, if the idiot Denver LB carries the ball over the goalline you are looking at 48-17. Anyway, you are never out of it when you have a franchise quarterback who can throw for yards and put up points.

Alex Smith will need to outgun Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well, if the idiot Denver LB carries the ball over the goalline you are looking at 48-17. Anyway, you are never out of it when you have a franchise quarterback who can throw for yards and put up points.

Alex Smith will need to outgun Peyton Manning.
    True you're never out of it but we won a lot of games in the regular season just by the offense outscoring the other team in the regular season during the Vermil years then when it came playoff time we lost because of the D it's what cost Denver last year. There offense is good enough to overcome the D most weeks but it could be the thing that cost them.

And if there giving up 27 points to a team that has 1 legit 1 WR what are they going to do when they face a team like the pats

And I was wrong about the going 80 yards on fumble I wasn't thinking of the Welker fumble
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Raven's fell completely apart after that missed opportunity to toss the challenge flag.
    Yep And I think the whole atmosphere thing cost the Ravens they were gasping for air in the 2nd half Part of me thinks that's the real reason the NFL made the champs open on the road it was just the best timing for the donkeys to get them and there one of the donkeys toughest teams
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yep And I think the whole atmosphere thing cost the Ravens they were gasping for air in the 2nd half Part of me thinks that's the real reason the NFL made the champs open on the road it was just the best timing for the donkeys to get them and there one of the donkeys toughest teams
    True, but I think the Raven's can thank the Oriole's for that.

True you're never out of it but we won a lot of games in the regular season just by the offense outscoring the other team in the regular season during the Vermil years then when it came playoff time we lost because of the D it's what cost Denver last year. There offense is good enough to overcome the D most weeks but it could be the thing that cost them.

And if there giving up 27 points to a team that has 1 legit 1 WR what are they going to do when they face a team like the pats

And I was wrong about the going 80 yards on fumble I wasn't thinking of the Welker fumble

Baltimore's offense is legit and I think Denver's d is as well. Baltimore didn't start moving the ball (With the exception of a couple of times in the first half) until Denver was up by 25+ and started playing soft d.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, but I think the Raven's can thank the Oriole's for that.
    I really don't buy that Orioles thing they could have moved the game to Wednesday night like they did last year. And If you watched the pregame they had a Ravens celebration thing at the ravens field with a ton of people there. They could host that but not the game just doesn't make sense to me
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

yeah in 2003-04 we lost because of the D....well, that is "part" of it, but hardly the whole story. We lost because of PEYTON MANNING! here is the Wikipedia of our 13-3 season, then lost 38-31 to Peyton Manning's Colts in the first ever NFL playoff game that had 0 punts in the whole game! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Ka..._Chiefs_season . By the way, I was at this game. Only time I have ever seen Manning play in person.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Baltimore's offense is legit and I think Denver's d is as well. Baltimore didn't start moving the ball (With the exception of a couple of times in the first half) until Denver was up by 25+ and started playing soft d.
    There legit when they are at full strength but they were far from that most the game. They didn't have Pitta at all and won't for at least a good while. They then lost Jacoby Jones really early who's there number 2 and had to play a rookie the rest of the game. Oher also got hurt fairly early so they were dealing with a backup on the O line and very thin WR core. And still put up a lot of points 17 at half which is most there points before they were down 25
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by mcclusterfan1982 View Post
    yeah in 2003-04 we lost because of the D....well, that is "part" of it, but hardly the whole story. We lost because of PEYTON MANNING! here is the Wikipedia of our 13-3 season, then lost 38-31 to Peyton Manning's Colts in the first ever NFL playoff game that had 0 punts in the whole game! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Ka..._Chiefs_season . By the way, I was at this game. Only time I have ever seen Manning play in person.
    Well I was talking in genral not about 1 game when we lost big games at that time it was because we couldn't stop ANYONE. Granny on her walker could have gone out and scored against that D and it cost us over and over again
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I know Manning is good, but when you give up 7 TD passes ( first time it's happened since Joe Kapp did it for Minnesota against Baltimore Sept. 28, 1969 ) , you got some major problems with your pass defense. The Ravens secondary did not look good in the preseason & even worse in this game. Look for them to get torched all year long.

Baltimore lost too many guys that they couldn't replace & it showed tonight.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-06-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast