Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Default Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Many various polls of NFL fans are showing as much as 80% majority of NFL fans believe the games are fixed, or manipulated to help favored teams win...such as refs making calls shaving points. What is your opinion, do you think the NFL is manipulated or fixed for higher TV ratings & profits, and/or Vegas odds profiting?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple

• Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted
    Exactly my position. I don't think they are fixed, but the favoring of stars is even heavier than your words suggest, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    those 2 bolt games still stick with me. we should have beaten them here and there.
    And Denver once, if not for some calls and key injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    It will come out one day that the games are fixed!!! It's a fact there is favoritism to promote match ups. Just like boxing..fixed..mma getting to be same way. One day!!!!@
    "Fixed" and "favoritism" are not the same thing. The latter definitely exists, but the former would take too many people in the know to pull off. A leak would have sprung somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good luck in the SB, Seattle............because you are most likely going to need it, if what many of us suspect is true. On paper, the Hawks are clearly the better team & their Defense can match up well against the Donkeys Offense, but the biggest question is the Seattle Offense and will they get untracked & score early and often like they'll need to.
    The NFL has the best pretext to help Denver Mannings. Seattle is the most flagged team this year. That's because they play an aggressive D. I bet the officials will not allow them to be aggressive in the Super Bowl. Peyton's gonna get a lot of gifts from the refs.

You really don't think that effects the game. Giving your Qb all day to throw? Granted I don't think it's as bad as brdempsey does but it's still a advantage that does have an impact on the game.
    Because a fan can nit pick a game where the rival team wins (jets, dolphins, and bills probably do the same with brady). There have been times chiefs should have been called for something but didn't. Since manning is in the afc west we go and look for the bad calls, do we care about the raiders bad calls, nope because they're not doing much.

Notice how we never nit pick the plays for brees or brady or rodgers, its because we focus on manning. I understand Star players get some calls, but don't act like this is holding the chiefs back. I'm pretty sure Flacco didn't have the "star power" to win a super bowl with good calls last year and them winning it was not the best thing for the NFL
    Last edited by doobs_05; 01-20-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Brdempsey I write this with all due respect your a good poster on here but calm down you don't have to agree with doobs no one has to agree with anyone on here. But talking about his mommy or anyone else in someones family is not called for. Keep it to football dude. I enjoy talking football with you but don't take this stuff personal at the end of the day we are all just people sitting behind a keyboard. No need to get nasty bud.

I'm sorry but it is annoying to see this type of stuff be said (denver didn't win 97 or 98), reverse the rolls, denver fans would make those claims and chiefs fans would laugh at them.

I HATE Denver, but this is what happens and i'm not going to blame the nfl and "star power" on loses by the chiefs, chiefs could of done more to win.

it's also sad that SD, OAK, and Denver have to been to a super bowl since KC's last playoff win......................................

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because a fan can nit pick a game where the rival team wins (jets, dolphins, and bills probably do the same with brady). There have been times chiefs should have been called for something but didn't. Since manning is in the afc west we go and look for the bad calls, do we care about the raiders bad calls, nope because they're not doing much.

Notice how we never nit pick the plays for brees or brady or rodgers, its because we focus on manning. I understand Star players get some calls, but don't act like this is holding the chiefs back. I'm pretty sure Flacco didn't have the "star power" to win a super bowl with good calls last year and them winning it was not the best thing for the NFL
    You can always go back and find calls on both teams that should have been called I will grant you that.

But this is what sticks out with Denver. The calls they get are at KEY times. I posted 2 pictures in this thread. One the chargers game in the playoffs that was a KEY 3rd down on that play there was an incomplete pass 2 flags were thrown both on the Chargers and the kicker one of them was for Holding. The holds in that picture COULDNT be missed they just were not called. And the other was a key drive as well we were going down to try to tie the game. Mccluster got tackled by his facemask. Instead of getting 1st and goal we got 4th down. Those key calls happen to every team at times but when they consistantly go one teams way like Denver yes I have a problem with that. Just my opinion. Like I said you can still beat them. But it's harder then what it should be. Not every team gets that advantage.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I'm sorry but it is annoying to see this type of stuff be said (denver didn't win 97 or 98), reverse the rolls, denver fans would make those claims and chiefs fans would laugh at them.

I HATE Denver, but this is what happens and i'm not going to blame the nfl and "star power" on loses by the chiefs, chiefs could of done more to win.

it's also sad that SD, OAK, and Denver have to been to a super bowl since KC's last playoff win......................................
    While I don't agree with brdempsey on how bad it was in the 90s he did post links to the NFL addressing what he talked about with the salary cap violtations and the vasline jerseys. The fact that the NFL issued fines does say there's something there.

And ya if the Chiefs did it we wouldn't talk about it. But that doesn't mean that those things wouldn't have happened.

But on the salary cap violations I don't think it had any impact. They would have just cut some bench warmers to get the cap thing worked out the jerseys thing is something that is against the rules to that extent but it hardly won the game for them. They got away with some things but like now they could still be beaten. But they had an advantage they should have got
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

To go along with the key plays I mentioned earler I will also mention todays game.

The pats ran a pick play WR barely touches a guy it was called. Phil Sims doing the game even made a comment about putting skirts on the players after they called it. Now I have no problem with the call it was a slight violation of the rules but non the less a violation.

Go to Welkers pick on Aqib Talib a FAR harder and just blatant pick play took out the Pats best CB UNCALLED when it's like that yes there is a advantage in calls for one team over the other we did see it today. And I will again agree if the Chiefs had gotten away with it we wouldn't be upset but again that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

its funny, i was telling a coworker here in OZ, that the bowman strip and recovery, and subsequent fumble, was a 'gentleman's gift', knowing the refs missed it.

had that missed called given seattle the touchdown, you would see more than one man in Pittsburgh filing an injunction!
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast