Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick is Reinstated! Could play as soon as week one!

Default Michael Vick is Reinstated! Could play as soon as week one!

The NFL has just announced that Michael Vick is reinstated and could play as soon as week 1. His current reinstatement is conditional but by week 6 he will be under full reinstatement. THE SHOW IS BACK! As a football fan, I love it!
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 07-28-2009 at 04:06 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    As you noticed I never used the word Quarterback in my post. I said "player" and I believe he was a great player. Even as a QB, hes not really a QB. He's Devin Hester with a cannon. When he played, the Falcons always had the best rushing offense in the NFL. His running backs were able to do alot also.

None of us know where Mike is physically or mentally, but if he is anywhere near what he was, I think he could be a big contributor to a team. You add him to a team with most of the peices together and he probably doesn't make much of a difference. You add him to the Lions (which wouldnt happen because of Stafford) and they go form 0-16 to 9-7. Im not sure if its even arguable to say that there has been anybody as explosive as Michael Vick in NFL history. People want to talk about how game plans change for Randy Moss. Gimme a break, Michael Vick is 2 weeks of preperation.
    I am not sure if you guys ever watched Steve Young play ball very much but in my opinion, he was the precursor to a Mike Vick and the likes. The better thing about Young vs the Vick's of today is that his passing abilities make others look Pop Warner-ISH.

Many times I would soak in the Mike Vick stories prior to camp each year and think that if he could (or would) develop his passing skills to the level of Steve Young (or at least close), he would in fact be the most dominant player in NFL history.

Seeing a great talent with endless potential yet not having the gumption to improve to the next elite, Micheal Jordonesque level is what really causes me to shake my head.

CRap another day has past and no train has hit the In humane SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    CRap another day has past and no train has hit the In humane SOB
    It's still too early for you to be posting this dunk.

I hope he ends up playin for the dog pound. talk about irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

I hope he never touches a football again and cant get a job at taco bell cause of his felony..but of course only the NFL hires felons...

That is indeed a good one! Can you imagine the Browns signing him and then he'd hear the fans going "Ruff ruff ruff!" Priceless!

Just saw an article on yahoo called "Does anyone want Vick? Reinstated QB Michael Vick finds that NFL clubs aren't rushing to sign him." Only one team has even "evaluated" him (Ravens).

That's good to see. I'm not surprised. Not only would at least some teams not want a rogue like him but he's not even that good skill wise for teams to say, "Oh wow, what an asset he'd be if we got him!" He's an asset minus the et.

Besides, he obviously is way out of form now. Not that easy that he'd be able to get back to what he had in 2004-2006 which even then wasn't anything to write home about (11-5, 8-8, 9-7). And a career completion % of 53%. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    You have to love his 71-52 TD -Int ratio and his 187 sacks. How do you get sacked over 30 times in 4 diff years if your such a "athlete". This guy is a bum!
    Yep, and every time I would look at the football box scores it's amazing how often it would say he threw for about 120 yards. It's one thing to do that once in a while but basically every game? I know he also ran for about 120 yards too, but still all of these stats are pretty poor for someone who was supposed to be such a good quarterback. OVERRATED!

I've already said it guys, Vick is just an overrated piece of garbage. His passing skills are below average and he can't lead a team for squat. He has no intangibles at all. He can run, but that's about it.

He's just a glorified Tim Tebow. No, Tebow isn't as good of runner, though I think his passing skills are a tiny bit better than Vick's. If I remember correctly, when Vick was with the Falcons and having success, their defense was phenomenal. I wonder if that had something to do with it?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    So Tek you think vick is a great player well im going to laugh in your face at that. We can take vick from both sides of the way he played. Passing-- He never completed more than 56.4% of his passes. NEver threw more than 20 tds and barely sniffed 3000 yards passing once. His best Qb rating was a 81.6 His ranking of a passer in the nfl compared to others by year is as follows--2002 #18,03 didnt even rank doug johnson did though,04 #21,05 # 25, 06 #20. And Then we can take vick as a runner since he seemed to "excell" at that. Rushing--2002 # 28,03 Didnt rank but Dunn did,04 #23, 05 # 33, 06 # 21. So in short he Cant pass for crap and when he did run he was ok at best. And you say oh his winning percentage... guess what thats a TEAM stat not a player one. Im quite sure he didnt win those games alone.
    1st of all your "quite sure he didnt win those games alone" quote was pretty bad when ackowledging a QB's winning %. If anybody ever one anything alone, it was Vick. A perfect example of that would be how his team, who went to the NFC Championship 2 seasons before, went 4-12 the year that he left and didnt revive for another whole year after that. I like how you completly dropped the fact that Vick turned the Falcons into a contender single handedly and left them to dirt in an instant.

2nd of all, your pulling out his passing numbers in comparison to pocket passers (everybody else) and trying to prove how bad he was when everybody knows that passing is not what made Vick dangerous. You said "He barely sniffed 3,000 yards." Not bad for a guy who ran for 700 that same year huh? How about the stat that he never threw more picks than TD's. Why didn't you mention that one? Im not talking about a great pure passer, Churchy, Im talking about a great player!

3rd, you think that Vick ranking at #28 and #23 in rushing yards as a QB means that his running was "OK at best." Think about that.... Still thinking? He was a QB who ran for over 1,000 yards in one season! If that makes his running "OK at best" than Im not sure if thier has ever been a QB in league history that was even OK at running. Lets pull out some REAL NUMBERS: From 2003 to 2006, the Falcons led the league in rushing offense every year. In 2006 the falcons actually set a record with an average of 183.7 per game! Almost 200 yards rushing a game! That sounds pretty great to me. What happened the very 1st year that Vick was not with the team? They ranked 26th in the league and lost almost 100 yards per game on the ground from the year before. Thats right, from greatest rushing offense of all time to 26th in the league. Well Vick didnt run for 90 yards a game, so how did they lose 90 yards a game when he left, Churchy? It's simple! Vick was SO Dangerous as a player that the defense was spread thin up the middle or stacking left or stacking right and the Falcons would run right at the weakness. You see, Vick just being on the field makes an entire offense shine. This QB and team did not have to pass, so keep your passing stats off my great player meter Churchy!

All in all. No player has ever created mis-match and scheme problems as much as Vick did. Very few players changed the another teams play calling and scheme as much as Vick did. He wasnt a great QB. Hel!, he's not even top 100 of all time probably, but if he is your QB, you dont need a QB. Or atleast you didnt in his prime.

I'll end my argument with this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ssXBzlCdc"]YouTube - Michael Vick Highlights[/ame]
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 07-30-2009 at 01:30 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast