Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report that the Chiefs have it narrowed down to three for top pic

Default Report that the Chiefs have it narrowed down to three for top pic

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=847...e-for-top-pick

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking at only three players for the top overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher, Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel and Oregon DE Dion Jordan, according to sources.

So why do people want Joeckel over Fisher. Attached is an article that does not make me feel to excited about either but who says the author knows what he is saying.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pick...4628--nfl.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I think that Geno Smith exhausted his own stock. The scouting reports have not been good.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...fw-is-scathing
    Isn't that the same guy that gave bad reviews about Cam Newton and RGIII..............

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Isn't that the same guy that gave bad reviews about Cam Newton and RGIII..............
    I am unsure about that. I never heard anything bad about RGIII. But I did hear some of the same things about Cam Newton. Difference is that Cam Newton's intangibles are just greater than Geno's.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    From everything I've heard, the Chiefs are trying to address the inside pass rush. What better way to do that than putting one of the best pass rushers in the league on that line while replacing him at OLB with a guy like Jordan? If Osi can play 3-4 DE at 265, why couldn't Tamba at 275? Until Hali proves he can't play that position, I don't think we should assume that he can't just because he's a good 3-4 OLB. He has done a good job as a 4-3 DE of setting the edge against OT's, so there's no reason to think he can't hold his ground against the run. But again, the Chiefs are trying to improve the inside rush while allowing their LB's to make plays. If they upgrade at ILB in the draft, this defense could be a top 3 unit with Hali at DE.
    I wouldnt say I am assuming he cannot, just that I have my reservations. I thought he wasnt that great as a 4-3DE against the run. He had a good motor and was great at preventing the cut back, but I remember him being vulnerable when offenses would try to run directly at him. Then again, that was like 5 years ago. Like I said, I dont hate the idea, just have reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I agree, Lets face it. He is the only one that is deserving of a #1 pick this year.
    I think he would definitely be an immediate replacement for Albert, should we dole him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think he would definitely be an immediate replacement for Albert, should we dole him off.
    Albert, as good as he is, right now is disgruntled. Replacing him is this teams number on priority. We have to protect the QB (love him or hate him) that we have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123