Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Report

Default Offseason Report

NFL Mock Drafts, Fantasy Football, NFL Picks, NFL Power Rankings, and more - Kansas City Chiefs

I spent a long time on this and I was looking for some feedback/debate/discussion from true die hard fans

Some good points in there but it seems pretty random off the wall with noflow to it. It kind of jumps around alot as to what your maint point is.

I think its odd that you graded every single player we drafted with a B or lower and managed to give us an A overall.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think its odd that you graded every single player we drafted with a B or lower and managed to give us an A overall.
    No, he didn't, he graded the last pick as an A for some reason, but overall draft was a C-.

While I do agree with some of the points, the fact that you think Cassel isn't a franchise QB or that Albert isn't a true LT is yet to be seen. I wouldn't even bother talking about those two positions until next year.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    No, he didn't, he graded the last pick as an A for some reason, but overall draft was a C-.

While I do agree with some of the points, the fact that you think Cassel isn't a franchise QB or that Albert isn't a true LT is yet to be seen. I wouldn't even bother talking about those two positions until next year.
    This is a valid point. Both are still young. However, Cassel did get sacked a ton this year so, considering all the money they paid him, and how average he played last year, they try to get him some better protection, maybe move Albert to a more natural position like guard or right tackle.

Albert may be able to move to Guard, but it seems the Chiefs are in a "win quick" mode. Getting a rookie tackle wouldn't initially help KC(unless your Ryan Clady)

Also, some players do well in transitioning to another position, but some do not fit the scheme. Slower, bigger lineman who play tackle are not a good fit at guard in the zone blocking scheme. I'm not saying Albert couldn't, but it would take time to adjust to.

McCluster and Arenas are not "luxury" picks, they end up contributing immediately to benefit their respective sides of the ball. In a league where passing is taking over, you need more than 2 quality CB's. McCluster is a playmaker that helps the offense move the ball and gives them a chance to break long plays purely on speed.

Outside of Jamal Charles, I don't think there were very many break away speedsters.....actually I know there weren't any

I think you have a couple of issues here. First, you come off a little critical of the coach. You make some cheap shots that ruin your credibility if you are trying to write an article that is supposed to be taken seriously.

Your cheap shots on Pioli loving all Patriots players is unwarranted when you consider that even Patriots rejects are better than anything we had on the team.

A lot of your points are valid though. The point on Pollard was interesting, I share your criticism there, we would not have had to draft Berry for his high priced contract had we not released him.

Anyway, tone down the rhetoric and you would have a good piece here.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

You said in your "article" of taking McCluster that "He helps as a kick returner, but they don’t need a kick returner" What do you mean by this? We did to have a need for a kick returner. We haven't had a decent kick returner since Dante Hall left. We haven't even had a serviceable one since he left with the exception of Jamaal Charles, but the problem with JC is that he's now our feature back and you can't have your feature back returning kicks, especially when he's undersized and durability concerns (god forbid) could arrive.

You also said of McCluster that "he cannot be the Wes Welker slot (I believe you forgot to add in the word 'type') receiver they need him to be." What's this based off of? How could you possibly know this? Scott Pioli is one of the individuals that discovered Welker for the Patriots, I'm sure he knows more of what to look for than you do.

McCluster is explosive and has a lot of natural abilities and talent. He can help us out right away, because as has been previously stated, he's an offensive weapon. He's the type of player that defenses have to account for and have to adjust for.

You also gave Jon Asamoah a C- grade. That is beyond absurd. Getting Jon Asamoah as late as we did was an absolute steal on all accounts. To think otherwise is ignorant or poorly researched. The Chiefs needed help and depth on the offensive line and Jon Asamoah provides us with this. Furthermore Asamoah is a guy with good character. If anything I'd give this pick a draft grade of A+.

Later on in the article you say of Kendrick Lewis that "he shouldn’t have been drafted anyway. He lacks speed majorly." Do you know how many great players I can name you that had questionable 40 times coming out of college? Further more do you know how many workout warriors/Height/weight/speed guys I can name you that didn't pan out in the NFL? The fact is Kendrick Lewis performed well on the field where it matters and I expect him to perform well in the NFL as well given some time.

Later on in your "article" you said that "They might have interest in Vince Wilfork since he’s a former Patriot and in Scott Pioli’s mind that makes him great" This statement is absurd. Vince Wilfork is a great player, to even slightly imply otherwise is insane. Also you stated otherwise that the Chiefs might have reached for Terrance Cody at #5. This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Did you do any research for this article whatsoever? Better yet are you Al Davis pretending to be a sportswriter?

Later on in your "article" you said "Chris Chambers was a nice midseason pickup, but their chances of resigning him this offseason aren’t very good." Wrong again buck-o. The Chiefs did re-sign him to a 3 year deal.

Overall this was literally one of the worst and most poorly researched articles I have ever read. Thank you very much for wasting my time and the time of other chiefs fans. In the future could you please refrain your self from writing any more articles or just better yet could you please refrain yourself from writing anything ever again. You would do the world and us all a good service if you went through with this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenlourie View Post
    NFL Mock Drafts, Fantasy Football, NFL Picks, NFL Power Rankings, and more - Kansas City Chiefs

I spent a long time on this and I was looking for some feedback/debate/discussion from true die hard fans
    A lot of your post seems ripped off walterfootball.com. I know the positionas needed section is.

I do agree that it was a bad draft, but I loved the Asamoah pick. And while I'd have gone Cam Thomas in the 5th over Kendrick Lewis, I think Lewis will be a solid backup/special teams player, which really is about all you can hope for in the 5th.

Likewise, while you like Sheffield and Moeaki, I don't. Sheffield is too slow to be a LB in the NFL, and I don't like Moeaki's durability.

And people above are right about Cassel. Drafting a QB high would do nothing but destroy his confidence. And our OTs are too bad to do anything but destroy a rookie right now. The obvious solution is to fix the OTs, but our GM refused to do that.
    Last edited by bwilliams; 05-09-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    A lot of your post seems ripped off walterfootball.com. I know the positionas needed section is.

I do agree that it was a bad draft, but I loved the Asamoah pick. And while I'd have gone Cam Thomas in the 5th over Kendrick Lewis, I think Lewis will be a solid backup/special teams player, which really is about all you can hope for in the 5th.

Likewise, while you like Sheffield and Moeaki, I don't. Sheffield is too slow to be a LB in the NFL, and I don't like Moeaki's durability.

And people above are right about Cassel. Drafting a QB high would do nothing but destroy his confidence. And our OTs are too bad to do anything but destroy a rookie right now. The obvious solution is to fix the OTs, but our GM refused to do that.
    I actually am a huge fan of walter and i go to him for advice often and I read his site often as well, but I didn't copy his needs. We agree on a lot of things, but if you look at his needs list, it's like every position known to man for the chiefs. i didn't have that many.

I didn't want them to take a QB (yet, maybe next year), but I am a big Clausen fan and they have Charlie Weis at coordinator so Clausen would be in a scheme he would be very familiar with and him sitting there in the top of the 2nd made way too much sense for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast