Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Falling in line.

Default Falling in line.

Yep, the threat of another girl is here. Last semester I liked this girl and she just didn't wanna be there, so she didn't pay attention to anyone.

This semester I met a great girl. I think we might be made for each other. I don't know but things are looking good.

First we were kinda forced into the same group for our project, fine with me cause I was hoping I could work with her. We had to chose a group to be in and by the time the list came around there was only one left.

Its a shame we only have the class once week. I added her to facebook, which I really don't use but...the next time we had class, she turned around and asked if it was me who added her. I told yea, and she said she didn't recognize the picture and gave a little laugh. Now I am not good looking by any means.

So yesterday she comes and sits down and ask me if she sat somewhere different. I replayed, well you normally sit one up but its not going to make a difference. The difference was she sitting one seat in front of me vs. sitting next to me. Then she told me how when she was talking to me the other day, she lost her voice. Completely irrelevant.

These have to be signs! Its only a matter of time. Though it cant be too long, Valentines day is just a few days away.

<a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Time for candy and flowers. Candle light dinner never hurts either.
    You're wife or girlfriend is blessed!! In 37 yrs of marriage...never one candlelight dinner on his part. I got candy & flowers from a boyfriend once my sophomore yr in HS.

Hubby did always get me a card and ask me if I wanted to go out to dinner somewhere on Valentines, but he picked the place...cause I would pick Olive Garden & he doesn't like OG, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    You're wife or girlfriend is blessed!! In 37 yrs of marriage...never one candlelight dinner on his part. I got candy & flowers from a boyfriend once my sophomore yr in HS.

Hubby did always get me a card and ask me if I wanted to go out to dinner somewhere on Valentines, but he picked the place...cause I would pick Olive Garden & he doesn't like OG, haha.
    You have to have romance to keep a relationship going. It would be boring without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    But if she is, and she's worth it to you, then you should do it.
    Sometimes you have to turn this in for a while for a special lady.

THIS!!

Your wife is blessed too!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You have to have romance to keep a relationship going. It would be boring without it.

My x hubby wasn't raised in a manner of which appreciated romance, haha. He sorta saw it as being the woman's job to bring in the romance, so I did, haha. He'll be the first to tell ya I spoiled him.

It would've been nice to have him be romantic from time to time, & I envied women who had that from their men...but it wasn't in his personality to initiate romance, & I was okay with that. For most of our marriage his positive qualities far outweighed any negative. That's how I approach any relationship worthiness...friend, spouse, etc...as long as their positive traits outweigh the negative...I'm good. :)

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Saw that, now I need your opinion.

First date on V Day. Good or Bad?
    Okay, I read through the entire thread before responding to you directly, haha. I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, lol.

Here's a girl's opinion...first date on V Day I think is a great idea! Take pbatrucker, Vandelay's, and Cheifster's advice if you're seriously hoping for a long term fulfilling relationship on both sides.

If not, then heck...enjoy it while you can, have fun, but it likely won't last without some genuine effort on your part, such as the romance factor.

Good luck Honda! I'll be rooting for ya no matter your expectations from your new 'love' interest.

PS: Don't overdo it at first though...like maybe give her a small box of candy & a single rose for Valentines when you pick her up for a dinner date, or whatever.

I don't have the experience personally, but from listening to many girls talk over the years...I know many will think when a guy overdoes it in a new relationship, first couple of dates...he's only got one thing on his mind, and overdoing it is a bribe to get what he's after & then he'll be gone, lol.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could simply read each other's minds, or be open & direct...instead of all the game playing & speculating that can sometimes occur between men & women? Women can, and some often do play head games...so be careful Honda!! Trust your instincts...they're usually right. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-05-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could simply read each other's minds, or be open & direct...instead of all the game playing & speculating that can sometimes occur between men & women? Women play their own head games...so be careful Honda!! Trust your instincts...they're usually right. :)
    Heck yes it would. Women are so full of mixed signals I can never figure out what in the world they're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Heck yes it would. Women are so full of mixed signals I can never figure out what in the world they're thinking.
    I totally agree! I think both sexes are like that though. I think some of the reason is fear of rejection or conflict.

I don't have experience with dating...like I said, I was with one guy from age 15 till a yr ago. I've went on a few dates with a few guys, have no clue what the guy thought...but I had no spark or interest further than a single date.

One date the guy bashed Kid Rock, knowing I was a fan...not a good idea! Another one bashed my Chiefs! BIGGER MISTAKE! One guy had no sense of humor, and that's a MUST for my personality, haha.

He's gonna have to enjoy music, going to an occasional concert...has to be a Chiefs fan, or willing to become one... has to have a sense of humor...has to enjoy at least one dog in the family...family & home have to be important...honest, loyal...doesn't have to be a religious fanatic, but must have belief in God...& all those basic qualities, haha.

I could end up alone for the remainder of my life being too picky, huh? hahaha I'd rather be alone though than 'settle' & not be happy, nor feel respected & loved.

THIS!!

Your wife is blessed too!
    Well I'm not married... yet. Actually just met someone recently. I really like her, but I usually have no idea what she is thinking.
    Chiefs in 2011

Okay, I read through the entire thread before responding to you directly, haha. I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, lol.

Here's a girl's opinion...first date on V Day I think is a great idea! Take pbatrucker, Vandelay's, and Cheifster's advice if you're seriously hoping for a long term fulfilling relationship on both sides.

If not, then heck...enjoy it while you can, have fun, but it likely won't last without some genuine effort on your part, such as the romance factor.

Good luck Honda! I'll be rooting for ya no matter your expectations from your new 'love' interest.
    I was actaully thinking of something fun to do. I was talking to my boss about this, and I came up with the idea to go to Dave and Busters. He thought it wasn't such a bad idea.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast