Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So you think Andy Reid is so stupid that he wouldn't change the offense any at all with different talent? Really?
    He kept putting the ball in vicks hands when he had McCoy in the backfield

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    He kept putting the ball in vicks hands when he had McCoy in the backfield
    You don't get a top 5 rushing offense by NOT giving the ball to your best RB.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false

13th for yards, I'm sure about 300 or so came from the QB. I was talking more about that vick was a turnover machine. Also they were 21st in TDs which could mean Reid put more faith in Vick than in McCoy for goal line plays. Also on other forums, the joke when Reid was hired here was Charles would not be used much, I don't follow the eagles so i don't understand where that's coming from.

did you check the two years prior while Vick was there as well? Open your scope a little.

Myman, so now we resigned Bowe, COLQUITT, and tagged Albert. I think all of your opinions of what this regime was trying to do are all wrong. From what I see happening is we are not in a rebuild year and they agree. We have a great team that just needs a few tweaks to win. If they feel we can do that with Alex Smith then let's see how this plays out. Your notion of them going after LT with the first pick probably isn't going to happen since we tagged Albert! I doubt it will happen but it's still a possibility to pick geno with the first pick and have Alex smith get geno nfl ready in the next couple of years. But without Alex smith we are not competitive THIS YEAR! Maybe they want to start producing now and make the chiefs as competitive as possible starting now.

Do You Feel Better now?

We are in fact in it to win it!!! Not build it!!!!!

Gentlemen....

I have finally figured it out! My Man Hali who used to be My Man Orton suffers from Obsessive/Compulsive disorder. He fixates on one single QB as the solution to all problems and is unable to comprehend that the object of his compulsion might be anything but perfect.

Late in the 2011 season he assured us that Orton was the solution to all our problems. And continued to do so long after Orton was wearing another uniform. And aside from beating Green Bay, Orton proved he wasn't much of a solution to anything.

This year the object of his adulation is Geno....a late 1st rounder AT BEST if there was any competition in this draft class which there isn't.

The boy is SICK SICK SICK.

Ignore him.

Why ignore someone who has a different opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Why ignore someone who has a different opinion?
    That's a good point and I would agree unless you're unable to respectfully disagree with said individual, in which case I would agree that "ignoring" the person is the best course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    did you check the two years prior while Vick was there as well? Open your scope a little.
    Like we should with Alex Smith and his first 6 years in the league and not just the last year and a half?

I thought i read somewhere that Alex smith has only played over 10 games in a season twice